Petition - Bring Back King Cobra

Cool story, Indian not the arrow

He had a 2 iron in his set and it looked like it would lay a nice smooth spread of butter on a hot piece of toast.

I love hearing that, though I'd shank that club into Louisiana!

haha yea me too partner. I just held it in my hand admiring the old craftsmanship of that snake. Solid stainless steal with tour stamped on the back hosel.

I replaced my 3/4/5 irons with hybrids in my King Cobra Oversized set I keep in Little Rock for when I am there on business. Those clubs are at my PA home and I find the 3 is a really great range/practice club. Hitting that club well requires good mechanics but when you get there it's sweet. Nice ball flight. Great way to tune up.

I replaced my 3/4/5 irons with hybrids in my King Cobra Oversized set I keep in Little Rock for when I am there on business. Those clubs are at my PA home and I find the 3 is a really great range/practice club. Hitting that club well requires good mechanics but when you get there it's sweet. Nice ball flight. Great way to tune up.
I loved the oversized set.

It's hard to believe I've had them around for almost 20 years.

The woods in that original set have been replaced a couple of times (still have the original Clevelands) as tech has really changed woods since the early/mid 90's.

But outside going to some Cobra hybrids and, although iron technology has gotten better, the KC Oversized were ahead of their times with their perimeter weighting and are still a solid set of sticks. My JPX850's in my current main bag are definitely longer but the Cobra's hold their own. I still enjoy playing them and can't imagine giving them up. They do need to be re-gripped though - have to get them to a shop when I am back in LR next month!

King Cobra Driver?

King Cobra Driver?

Just curious as to why Cobra is not using the King Cobra name on a driver. I understand they are chasing a younger customer but it was such an awesome club and seemed to be the signature of the brand back in the day. Also they do have Greg Norman on staff. I know he does not play much but he does seem to reach an older demographic.

JB started this campaign about 3 months ago haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The name "change" took place in 2010 when Puma purchased the brand and they became Cobra Puma Golf. King Cobra Puma Golf does not have the same kind of ring to it.

Time will tell if they launch a King Cobra product, but I would venture to say that this group does not forget their roots.

The name "change" took place in 2010 when Puma purchased the brand and they became Cobra Puma Golf. King Cobra Puma Golf does not have the same kind of ring to it.

Time will tell if they launch a King Cobra product, but I would venture to say that this group does not forget their roots.
I guess you are right. Kinda sounds like a zoo. I just want a driver with King Cobra and that bad a_ _ logo on it.I thought the old name was Cobra and the "King" monicker was just on certain items.

I'm still on this wagon. I think the marketing speaks for itself and for a company with a limited budget but resources like Norman and Fowler it could work.

Oh hell yea it could work! I mean seriously it could be a done deal for real!... :bomb: Cobra might even pull some of us old poopers back on the ship with the ole King Cobra logo. :thumb:

Bring back the King, Cobra.

I don't understand why they don't bring it back. It's a real Baffler.

I wouldn't have an issue with gaming something with the King Cobra monicker. My last "King Cobra" clubs (I still think they look good)...

brand-model-cl-p2843-01.jpg

I'm still on this wagon. I think the marketing speaks for itself and for a company with a limited budget but resources like Norman and Fowler it could work.

I think we should make shirts or something and mention it to the Cobra folks every chance we get at LIITA.

I like it....I had a King Cobra Driver....it was my first "Metal" wood

I maintain the concept of "King Cobra" being an old man's mantra. Maybe I'm a bit biased based on when I remember the brand being that way, but I don't connect with that name at ALL.

Then again, I didn't really connect with "bertha" either. Seems to be doing okay.

I maintain the concept of "King Cobra" being an old man's mantra. Maybe I'm a bit biased based on when I remember the brand being that way, but I don't connect with that name at ALL.

Then again, I didn't really connect with "bertha" either. Seems to be doing okay.
Thanks for reminding me that I am old

I wish the name would come back

I don't care how happy I am with my driver...if a "King Cobra" was re-released, I'd be forced to get one. I still have one of the originals in my garage somewhere...holy offset.

Played my King Cobra (~'95) that are in my set I keep in Little Rock last night. Had them re-shafted a few weeks ago with some Recoils - the original Autoclave graphites were just feeling too whippy. I'm trying to figure out if I like them with the new shafts. Am hitting straight but I'm 10 yards shorter than I used to be with these.

Back