Playing in inclimate weather

Foreum

Reaction score
I will say at the outset that I feel for those of you that still have snow on your course. As well, I am in Las Vegas and my idea of "inclimate weather" is anything colder than 65, or a drop of rain, and wind.

We are currently in the windy season in Vegas and that is what brought this thread idea up. When do you decide the wind is too strong to continue playing? The ANA was delayed the other day in Ca due to wind. It has been windy here for the last couple of weeks with a few random days of calm breeze. I believe the forecast for today is around 15-20mph. Would you play in that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wind hasn't ever stopped me from playing. When it's soaking wet, raining and below 45, that's what stops me.

I will say at the outset that I feel for those of you that still have snow on your course. As well, I am in Las Vegas and my idea of "inclimate weather" is anything colder than 65, or a drop of rain, and wind.

We are currently in the windy season in Vegas and that is what brought this thread idea up. When do you decide the wind is too strong to continue playing? The ANA was delayed the other day in Ca due to wind. It has been windy here for the last couple of weeks with a few random days of calm breeze. I believe the forecast for today is around 15-20mph. Would you play in that?

I sure would! Wind is just something you have to deal with. When you don't have the luxury of a year round golf season, you don't let a little wind get in the way.

We played in Vegas last February - 30mph sustained winds w/ gusts over 40mph. It was difficult and bordered on not fun.

Not sure I consider wind (and just wind) "inclement" weather...

We played in Vegas last February - 30mph sustained winds w/ gusts over 40mph. It was difficult and bordered on not fun.

Not sure I consider wind (and just wind) "inclement" weather...

I figured I would hook with "inclimate weather" and then bury my lack of interest in playing in wind down in the post. I just wanted to see opinions and if I was being a wimp.

It's 37 degrees and a little rainy here right now and it's a swamp from the rain we've got over the last week, but we have a tee time at 12:15. Without the luxury of being able to play year round we get out when we can.

No, I would still play. I find difficult weather, up to a point, very challenging when playing. I just lower my expectations and enjoy!

It's 37 degrees and a little rainy here right now and it's a swamp from the rain we've got over the last week, but we have a tee time at 12:15. Without the luxury of being able to play year round we get out when we can.

I would not golf in this :) It's gotta warm up around here soon, right?

For wind it's anything over 25 and depending on temps 15-20 may be enough to keep me away.

40* is my normal temp threshold with minimal wind.

I hope so, it's getting old walking up to my ball and it being plugged every time. I need to keep getting swings in though, heading to Texas for #shaftup in a little over 3 weeks.

I'll play in winds up to 20-25 but I'm very fortunate that we will see very little wind like that April through October during my golf season. The last 2 days were the exception.

Lol 15-20 is fun. Earlier in the year played in 35 sustained that was a blast. The 2 randoms I golfed with quit at the turn. I did see 2 branches come down so I was careful near trees and a giant tree came down on the street near the course. Luckily the greens weren't fast since the ball was oscillating on them already. The only time that much wind is annoying is if the greens are rock hard and the area around is really soft taking away your ability to land the ball short and have it run up. Lightning is the only weather that causes me to stop.

No issues with just wind and playing it's when there is rain or now accompanying it when I have an issue

Tomorrow looking good then back to rain. Main reason I didn't play today was I was worried about losing balls on my drives when they plugged in the fairway. That gets old quick.

When the wind starts to effect putts is when I start to reconsider.

I can take cold, I can take rain, I can take wind. But I can't take them in any combination.

Any hint of lightning and i'm outta there

Soaking rain is the one thing that stops me. When I get wet and cold I am a miserable human being... I can handle a little bit of cold or breeze but I do not do wet.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Anything up to 25mph I'll play in when it's warm. Over that, it's not enjoyable and becomes too much work.

Back