The Little Things you Love

fupresti

Former Big Deal
Reaction score
Handicap
Marriage
While seemingly simple, there are some small things that just make you smile. What are yours?

Like Ice Cream from the carton that is just a little soft. Love it.

When one of my dog's ears flips inside out
5a3834088a9f0317d7d1e28f223c2c6c.jpg

Catching my kids being kind to each other...

My nieces and nephew's smiles and laughter

While seemingly simple, there are some small things that just make you smile. What are yours?

Like Ice Cream from the carton that is just a little soft. Love it.

Holy schnikes, yes. Amazing.

Stepping into a warm shower on a cool morning, or a cool shower/pool dip after a hard workout. Just the most refreshing feeling.

I consider kissed and hugs from my kids to be big things. I am going to try and share the little things that may be easy to overlook, some of them may be odd.

When my wife farts. not that I love farts, but I love it when she lowers her guard

When my wife wears my t-shirts to bed

When my kids grab me by the hand and make me play with them

When THPers give recaps and say simple things like, "it was a pleasure to meet you."

Ellie Snoring
GG, right after she wakes up (only on Sat & Sun, the rest of the week its after she has caffeine).
Good food
GG's inner analyzing and hamster wheel turning anytime she is going to buy herself something.
Golf Talk on THP
The Event planning w/ companies
A first class upgrade
Beach Seafood
That rental car that is perfect (happens so rarely).
The Regency/Grand Club
GG's fresh baked anything
A good friend I see after months apart
Honesty
Evolution Through Revolution
The perfect golf shirt
Clean sheets
New TV shows that make me smile
Smart Stand Up Comedy
Industry Friends that show know what friendships are
Have I mentioned honesty
The love of pets
Pictures of Duke (only at times)
The perfect travel times
Hard work that pays off
When the tough decision was the right decision
Rita's frozen custard
Epcot Food & Wine
My wife finding out her talents in business
Making someone's dreams come true (even for a second)
Sparking conversation

Okay, I will stop now.

Walking into a room and the dog, laying there like a log, starts thumping her tail, but still not moving anything else. Just the tail. Like a 'hey I know you. You're pretty cool. I like you.'

Fresh hot bread.

mmmm carbs.

This is one of those nice THP threads that make me smile.

The dog sleeping on my lap
Fresh baked bread
A small diner in my town
Talking sports with people
Watching my wife do things that she loves

Waking up to no emails from work!

Nice idea for a thread. I love the feeling of stepping out on the course for the first tee time, when there's a little fog, dew on the ground, and you're there with good friends.

I love hearing Reggae music being played in the randomest places like grocery stores, or upscale restaurants.

That feeling when you put on a new pair of socks the first time.

I love that technology has come to allow people from all over to meet and talk online. And with that, I love that THP has managed to attract so many genuinely nice and awesome people I have been able to meet both virtually and at the events I've been to so far.

I love being by the ocean. There's not much more soothing than being by or on the water.

When I had a tough day and I just want to be alone and not think about anything, and my dog shows up, jumps on my lap and is like "Me too!"

Out of the blue texts from old friends.
Seeing my golf bag seemingly unharmed on an airport baggage claim belt.
When my daughters converse without fighting (happens so rare, but I love to listen to their conversations).

When a new season of a show finally hits Netflix.

Receiving packages in the mail.

Seeing random people being nice to other random people.

When my subscribed threads have the "unread message" symbol.

too many to list. life is full of things we should love. if i had to pick just a few in no particular order:

playing 18 holes by myself on a beautiful day on a great course and never seeing a soul

little random touches (and not just THOSE kinds of touches) from my wife

coming home and my kids running up to me at the end of a long day screaming "daddy's home!" with a huge hug

a time-freezingly attention-demanding bottle of wine

Time with family, anywhere anytime

Seeing the dog looking through the window when i pull in the driveway

Watching my ball role into the hole

Having a stranger hold a door for me

Spending time with my grandmother. She was really not doing well for a while and we had to put her in a nursing home a few months back. She is doing and looks better than I have seen in years. I pop in a few times a week to see her and we just talk or play cards and it's always one of the highlights of my day/week.

My wife's smile
My kids individual personalities
My mom's homemade chicken tacos and rice
My commute time alone
Living by the golden rule
Missing friends you've met/made on an Internet golf forum dearly and anticipation for the next time you'll see them
The feeling of helping others and being able share the gifts I've been blessed with
The morning of a THP event

Back