Calling all Carolinians

Anyone have a course, day, or time preference for a round in the Columbia area this weekend? I was thinking of just booking a foursome for the fort Jackson post course unless anyone has an opinion otherwise.

I'm not gonna be able to make it Adam. Too much going on at work right now. Enjoy yourself and thanks for the offer.

Alright I'll see if anyone else wants to use it. We need to get up for another round I have a 4 day weekend for memorial day.

Played The Founder's Club in Pawley's Island today. Awesome course. Hit 63% of my FIR and 17% GIR. Putted like poop, and had five penalties, but shot a 102 all things considered. Best day of driving, both in accuracy and distance (averaged over 200 yards). I am slowly grooving this swing, and seeing distance gains all across my bag. Time to schedule another one and work on my short game. I bet if I can get the short game down, I can shave another 4 to 5 strokes (easy) off my game. Struggling a bit lately with the putter (putting a lot of them past the hole) but that gets fixed with practice.

Try left-hand-low putting. It really helped me.

Played The Founder's Club in Pawley's Island today. Awesome course. Hit 63% of my FIR and 17% GIR. Putted like poop, and had five penalties, but shot a 102 all things considered. Best day of driving, both in accuracy and distance (averaged over 200 yards). I am slowly grooving this swing, and seeing distance gains all across my bag. Time to schedule another one and work on my short game. I bet if I can get the short game down, I can shave another 4 to 5 strokes (easy) off my game. Struggling a bit lately with the putter (putting a lot of them past the hole) but that gets fixed with practice.

If you tend to hit putts too hard, a very simple way to fix it is to put more bend in your arms. My Aimpoint instructor taught us that as a method to adjust to different green speeds. The straighter your arms, the further the ball goes with the same stroke, the more bend that is in them, the shorter it goes. When I remember to do it, it works well for me.

Anyone have a course, day, or time preference for a round in the Columbia area this weekend? I was thinking of just booking a foursome for the fort Jackson post course unless anyone has an opinion otherwise.

You know the area a lot better than I do..... Make a tee time and I'll be there. Hopefully Marc is done moving and can join us and possibly Ducey to round out the foursome? I'm actually hitting the ball a lot better, so maybe my game won't be quite as embarrassing this time out. The driver is still grounded as of right now, it's staying in the bag until further notice (and a lesson or two).

Last call for a free ticket for the Wells Fargo tomorrow.

Attachments

• 20150513_172453 (1).jpg
    20150513_172453 (1).jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 0
Last call for a free ticket for the Wells Fargo tomorrow.

I really wish I could take off work tomorrow and join you, but that's a no-go for me right now.

I really wish I could take off work tomorrow and join you, but that's a no-go for me right now.
I understand. Samething happened to John, I wish I could have got Sat/Sun tickets again this year but the demand was too high.

You know the area a lot better than I do..... Make a tee time and I'll be there. Hopefully Marc is done moving and can join us and possibly Ducey to round out the foursome? I'm actually hitting the ball a lot better, so maybe my game won't be quite as embarrassing this time out. The driver is still grounded as of right now, it's staying in the bag until further notice (and a lesson or two).
Cobblestone is in great condition and affordable. I can probably play a round so if we tee' do off before 11am but let me know what you guys decide.

Alright. I'm going to book a time for Sunday around noon for one of the fort Jackson courses. Will let you all know tomorrow.

Alright. I'm going to book a time for Sunday around noon for one of the fort Jackson courses. Will let you all know tomorrow.

Dang it, I'll be in Raleigh this weekend visiting some of the wife's family in from Colorado. I got to connect with you guys again soon... been too long.

I've got an 1148 time set for Sunday at Fort Jackson. If you're coming, take directions to gate 2 of Fort Jackson just off I 77, then follow Strom Thurmond Blvd, task a right onto Lee, then a left onto Semmes to get to the course. If you try to GPS to the course, Google will take you to a gate that's closed on the weekends. See you all there.

I've got an 1148 time set for Sunday at Fort Jackson. If you're coming, take directions to gate 2 of Fort Jackson just off I 77, then follow Strom Thurmond Blvd, task a right onto Lee, then a left onto Semmes to get to the course. If you try to GPS to the course, Google will take you to a gate that's closed on the weekends. See you all there.

Have fun, man. I hope we can get up at some point. How long will you be in Fort Jackson for?

Have fun, man. I hope we can get up at some point. How long will you be in Fort Jackson for?
I'll be here until mid June. I don't have any plans for Memorial day weekend, but I was thinking of trying to get down to Augusta to play with donne.

I was hoping to get out this coming weekend Steve but I'm traveling for work on Sunday, maybe after Memorial day.

I was hoping to get out this coming weekend Steve but I'm traveling for work on Sunday, maybe after Memorial day.
You all settled in up there?

Not sure what people are doing for Memorial Day but I could quite possibly be free for a round that day.

I'll be here until mid June. I don't have any plans for Memorial day weekend, but I was thinking of trying to get down to Augusta to play with donne.

I wish I could commit to playing or joining you all, but it's hard to do with Leslie being due anytime now.

I wish I could commit to playing or joining you all, but it's hard to do with Leslie being due anytime now.
Don't sweat it, bro. I'd be in the same boat. This isn't my last trip to the east coast. We'll hang out before too long.

Not sure what people are doing for Memorial Day but I could quite possibly be free for a round that day.
I can't do memorial day as i am on call but I could do sat or sun before (memorial day weekend) Willing to travel a bit if it works out.

I have a 4 day weekend for Memorial Day Fri through Mon. so I would be up for playing

Back