How to destroy your new Works Tank 1W

I've done this type of stuff before in my younger, "less cool" days, but luckily I learned my lesson without too much anguish. Sad to hear bud.

Hasn't been mentioned yet, but good on you for being honest. Too many people would have tried to take advantage of a company and claim it wasn't their fault.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

A good craftsman never blames his tools.

I guess if we were good craftsmen...we would be picking up checks on Sunday afternoon...

Hard lesson, most of us learn eventually.

OUCH! That stinks - maybe you can remove the insert and make a keychain?

UPDATE: So, called Odyssey this a.m. The putter is not repairable. They do offer discounted prices on new putters damaged during course of play. So my little tantrum is going to cost me 115.00. Now my $200 putter has become a $315 putter.
Nice job, Rob:beat-up:

IMG_20150512_180922774_HDR_zpsa4uahcj3.jpg

Keep both in the bag. If the urge to do that ever strikes again just grab the "beater" and have at it!

Hasn't been mentioned yet, but good on you for being honest. Too many people would have tried to take advantage of a company and claim it wasn't their fault.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

No way, it was all me being stupid. I told the girl on the phone straight out that I damaged it being a stupid ass. She just chuckled.

Keep both in the bag. If the urge to do that ever strikes again just grab the "beater" and have at it!

Two things; Not ever doing that again, and, it has to go back as part of the exchange.

Damn that sucks...sorry this happened to you.

its all the stupid balls fault

Curiosity is just killing me Rob....would you mind to disclose what you hit with it and how hard on a scale of 1 to 10.... with 1 being a 6 inch tap in and a 10 being a swing out of your shoes driver?

How to destroy your new Works Tank 1W

This makes me miss my first Ping anser circa 1992 ish.

Probably still at the bottom of them lake on 5 at crow valley cc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This makes me miss my first Ping anser circa 1992 ish.

Probably still at the bottom of them lake on 5 at crow valley cc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BeCu version?

Curiosity is just killing me Rob....would you mind to disclose what you hit with it and how hard on a scale of 1 to 10.... with 1 being a 6 inch tap in and a 10 being a swing out of your shoes driver?

I "clapped" the putter and 54* wedge together after a bad hole. It wasn't hard but must have hit it just right, or wrong:shame:

I'm impressed they offer a discounted rate for replacement. Really did not expect that.

Me too. I didn't ask for anything other than if it could be repaired. They said no and offered the discounted rate.

Unless you regularly hit your putts that far out on the toe, I don't see a problem.

I considered using it as is but, the mesh was peeling away and I figured it was only time until it came all the way off.

Good news is I received the new putter yesterday. Big thanks to :odyssey: for taking care of a dumbazz customer:D

Never understood destroying your own clubs.

Great customer service by Odyssey. I'm sure they didn't have to offer any discount at all since hitting your clubs together isn't "course of play".

If I ever get so mad during a round that I'm slamming clubs, I'm quitting the game.

Gosh, you're into Edel territory now...

Must remember the putter is an inanimate object and you cannot punish it.

Acceptance and Confidence...

Of course, two years ago, I slammed a wedge into my bag and the shaft broke into two shafts. Learned my lesson. Drop the club, do not slam it.

Never understood destroying your own clubs.

Well, I certainly wouldn't destroy someone else's clubs:laughing:

Of course, the damage was unintentional and certainly a dumb move on my part.

Back