3 years in Hawaii? Yes, please!

Kinda cool to be staying in a townhouse right on Ko Olina Golf Club :D

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Only cool if you're playing it

Looking forward to catching up this week brotha!

It's looking like Kevin, Jay and I will be teeing it up at Kapolei next week at some point. Good times, incoming!

Only cool if you're playing it

Looking forward to catching up this week brotha!
You know me... I probably will. lol

Yeah I'm looking forward hanging out with you guys.

Right in my back yard. :D
7282812e650d0aee343e2d8f55b56d27.jpg
a371f472673638dca3636e01ed9305af.jpg

Wednesday 9:40. New ewa beach. hicksta, Kevin and B79.

I know it's a resort course, but I always enjoy playing Ko'olina. One of my faves on Oahu.

I know it's a resort course, but I always enjoy playing Ko'olina. One of my faves on Oahu.

Yeah B79 and I were talking about Ko'Olina when we last played. I'm going to take his approach and take advantage of the aeration deal towards the end when the greens are just about fully healed :wink:.

They are aerating this week I believe. Normally it's $85 kamaaina, but it will be discounted to $55 for two weeks. I'll prolly head out on the last day of the special. Greens should be decent by then.

They are aerating this week I believe. Normally it's $85 kamaaina, but it will be discounted to $55 for two weeks. I'll prolly head out on the last day of the special. Greens should be decent by then.
Since I won't be around for the aeration deal, I'm gonna play it tomorrow morning. But being a resort guest and not a local, it's a little more expensive than 85 for me. Oh well. lol

Well damn

13ffedda1c3fcbc8263ad6c47f187177.jpg

Next up, Royal Kunia!!!

So I've gotta ask....

Neither my wife nor i have ever been to Hawaii. I know it's not cheap but we've been thinking of planning a trip at some point. My uncle owns a timeshare but not sure if that's the route to go or not. really just have zero idea how much things cost (travel, rentals, activities, golf etc) where to stay, where not to stay, deals, advice, etc.

Anyways.....no rush. Just wondering and wishing I was somewhere warmer at the moment. Lol

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk

So I've gotta ask....

Neither my wife nor i have ever been to Hawaii. I know it's not cheap but we've been thinking of planning a trip at some point. My uncle owns a timeshare but not sure if that's the route to go or not. really just have zero idea how much things cost (travel, rentals, activities, golf etc) where to stay, where not to stay, deals, advice, etc.

Anyways.....no rush. Just wondering and wishing I was somewhere warmer at the moment. Lol

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk

I mean, if you're able to stay at your uncle's timeshare definitely do that since it would at least bring down the cost of lodging. Aside from that, the time of year you come will definitely affect of the cost of rentals and such, but the cost of the food will likely be a tad more expensive then you're used to. As far as where to stay and where not to stay, any of the resort areas are good to go, but there are certainly some rough areas. But if you're in Waikiki or Ko'Olina you likely won't have any issues. You can usually find deals on shows, luaus, tours, etc online and through travel agencies. If you do end up coming let me know and I'll try to hunt down some deals for you as well.

And yes, the golf is decent out here, but it can get a bit pricey. It all depends where you want to play!

Timeshare is the way to go. We typically go on a trip every 3 years and thus my wife likes a very nice place i.e. 5 Star on ocean. Our trip to Maui last year was ~$650 USD per night (incl. buffet b'fast) for the 13 nights which was very expensive but I was luckily able to reduce that by using points that I had accumulated over 20 years.

If I ever go back again it would be timeshare which would cut out 75% of the accommodation cost is my guess.

You should really look at VRBO. We go to Kona, Big Island for 2 weeks over Thanksgiving every year. Our 2 bedroom townhouse cost us $220 a night and is 30 feet from the water. We have a full kitchen so we hit Costco when we leave the airport. Big Island has some great golf and is way more laid back than some of the other islands and I am good with that.

This is where we stay every year. It also helps to book flights and lodging well in advance.

https://www.vrbo.com/155270

You should really look at VRBO. We go to Kona, Big Island for 2 weeks over Thanksgiving every year. Our 2 bedroom townhouse cost us $220 a night and is 30 feet from the water. We have a full kitchen so we hit Costco when we leave the airport. Big Island has some great golf and is way more laid back than some of the other islands and I am good with that.

This is where we stay every year. It also helps to book flights and lodging well in advance.

https://www.vrbo.com/155270

Looks like a great place......golf close by?

I haven't been down to the big island yet, but I will definitely make a trip or two before I leave in 2020. I have plenty of time :D.

Back