Will You Create Your Legacy - 2015 #THPLegacy Event

Pretty exciting morning for those Bridgestone guys

Very exciting options once I get to work I am going to have to examine a little closer and let the over thinking begin

Bridgestone YOU ARE UP!!!!!!
I'm not a Bridgestone guy, but this got me even more excited! Love it!

Lots of great Bridgestone threads on each piece of that equipment full of awesome info.

Curious to know if any of the other participants have made a major swing change or are just refining their normal swing.

I was tempted to tear it down & start all over once I found out I was in, but I'm glad I didn't. Then I found out that the guy I took driver lessons from in Lake Charles has moved to Fayetteville & was tempted all over again.

In the end, I decided that I don't want the mental stress that comes with a swing change messing with my head this close to the event.
I hope this doesn't come out wrong. But going in I had a very fundamentally sound swing. Working with Freddie, and GolfTec in the past got me to that point. However, I sought out highly rated swing coach/teacher. We talked a bunch during the interview process, in the end it came down to minor swing tweaks, and major mental and "playing" changes. Which has been just as frustrating at times. Short game has been getting stronger through the lesson work as well. It's exciting to put in good work to showcase in July and beyond.

Club selection day is an awesome day.

Have fun Bridgestone guys. Go with your gut, don't try to overthink it, and get excited for a bunch of new shiny clubs coming your way in a couple months.

Coolest day of the entire process, other than being down there, of course!

Ok gents, you're not far Off From The Best Event Of Your lives. I mean you have a couple of very historic golf companies in the mix with wilson and Lamkin. Both signify excellence and longevity. You also have two fast dynamic, solid companies in Bridgestone and KBS. Sleeping giants used to be the term I'd used to describe but these two have grooved a spot like they have been there since golf started.

You're playing two courses that have been a mainstay in the MB area for years. Both dynamic in many ways are and both will text all aspects of your game. I envy you guys driving up to the next tee box are ands are ands foursome. Getting you yardage, liking at what the course gives you and pulling a club. Early on in the round there will be a sense of nervousness that will wear off later in the round. Then it's golf as usual. I envy standing on that first tee, listening to JB annouced the rules. The players and add some comic relief. Man you guys are in for a great couple of days.

You have two pretty dynamic men leading you into, through and beyond this event. MIKE AND RICKY, these two guys have been buddies of mine theough THP. I met mike at the first tour van stop in Atlanta and Ricky also in atlanta. I knew them from the forum and they, in person, crushed any pre conceived expectation I may have had. To solid man, father's and friends. I can only imagine they have been equally stellar as captains. You guys are so lucky to have these two in your corners.

There are 16 of you, some I know some I dont. The Ines I know are great guys and have enjoyed every minute I have spent with them and they know who they are. All these feelings and thoughts were created through the MC and other THP events. The common denominator is THP. It's all about oppurtunity, open doors and opening your eyes. THP makes all of this possible. The two at the helm have brought all.of us into their business and some of us into their lives. In this day an age of businesses being about themselves, these two have made their business about you. It's has morphed in the 4 years I have been around and I have a connection that I won't soon relinquish. This event will do the same for many of you. Enjoy the clubs, the games, the food, the drink, the after round meet ups in villas, the early morning warm up and the nervous feelings in your bellies. Let yourselves go and let this wash over you, you'll thank me later. Keep it in front of you and I promise it will be a place you'll want to come back to, time and time again.

Good luck boys!

Really excited for you guys. Today is a fun day for sure.

Hell yeah Bridgestone guys... I'm jealous but also glad it's not me yet so I don't have to choose haha. Even though I know what I'm choosing it still makes me nervous, but I shall refer to rule 1

My commute to work may have peeved a few guys today while they waited for their options..haha Bridgestone is bringing it like we all knew they would. These guys have some great options to choose from. I cant wait to see what they all choose.

This looks like 4 wood, 8 iron, GW for me. Not sure I see any reason to hit driver.
This hole actually has one of the widest fairways at Caledonia. As long as you don't go right, you can easily hit driver in this hole.

Got to work and the power was out but came back on minus the A/C. Then saw the message about clubs and I forgot all about being hot. Now time to figure it all out.

#10 is a strong hole. Have had both longer and short approaches. Definitely an easier hole to get close on if you can get in that 75-100 yard range. Much farther out and the bunker will play with your head. Green isn't too bad. Back to front slope if I remember correctly.

10 is a really good hole. Play is driver straight out of the chute and just find the FW. I've had the chance to go at the green in 2 but have elected not to as it's just not worth the risk.

Second shot is an iron or hybrid out to the 88-124 area to leave a wedge into the green. Green is depressed into the area with right or long being the miss. Left is death. Tiered green where 2 putt is not a given.

I just bumped all of the Bridgestone equipment threads for the Legacy staffers. Feel free to discuss whatever equipment you are thinking of going with in those threads. There is alot of great insight in those threads and plenty of people willing to help out if you have any questions.

Bridgestone YOU ARE UP!!!!!!

So excited for the Bridgestone guys! I know they have been hard-pondering for a while, now. Looking forward to some #THPLegacy equipment chatter!

I know I saw it somewhere, but is there a listing of who is on which team and which sponsor?

I can't imagine how real this part makes it feel. Congrats again to everyone picked and good luck with the equipment selections! Choose wisely!

I know I saw it somewhere, but is there a listing of who is on which team and which sponsor?

#TeamTradition
Martsy - Bridgestone
Orange Hog - Bridgestone
Fairband - Bridgestone
Golf4Life - Bridgestone
T2GRN18 - Wilson
Erky - Wilson
jhoefer99 - Wilson
Dave Alvarado - Wilson
Captain - Me

#TeamHeritage
Greggdrews - Bridgestone
LightningBolt44 - Bridgestone
Lynchburg14 - Bridgestone
Cjgolf25 - Bridgestone
Shakey - Wilson
ArmyGolf - Wilson
McRock - Wilson
Rambler - Wilson
Captain - #441

Last edited:
Excited for my Bridgestone-sponsored brothers. Enjoy it guys!

Back