The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
You learn to deal with the heat though. It sucks but I'd rather be hot than freezing. When it gets too hot you just accept it and know it's gonna be gross. When it gets too cold, sometimes you can't bundle up enough to get past it. That sounds awful.

I imagine you're absolutely right. Even moving 400 miles South forced me to acclimate which i found remarkable, but I am no longer wilting in the summers here. I have a hard time imagining being able to accommodate the heat we experienced at the last MC on a yearly basis, but I am sure time would accommodate.

Just heard the news I was dreading for the last couple months. Our youngest has been battling ear infections regularly for the past few months and we recently discovered he's allergic to penicillin which had us in the ER last week. Because of his allergy, the only option left for us is tubes in his ears. It's not a major surgery but it's still a surgery for my 1 year old and I hate it. My 5 year old had the same surgery when he was 1 but it still doesn't make it easier

Hate to hear that Phil. Hopefully everything works out for the little dude and he gets back to 100%! I'm allergic to Penicillin too, and also suffered from ear infections a lot growing up. Didn't have to do the tube things, I think there are drops or something they always gave us, but ear infections are one of the worst things ever. Feels like a freight train is going through your head and there is almost nothing you can do.

I should come down when it's impossibly hot just to show you how equally incapable I am of golfing in the blazing heat vs snow hahaha!

Neither are ideal. I need a winter home... and the lottery.

In the morning its 75 to 80 degrees and a bit humid.
Want to know the biggest difference

Spoiler
The courses are freaking open...Im not paying a monthly fee to watch snow stack up on dead grass at a golf course

Still blows my mind that people are charged for something they cannot use.

I imagine you're absolutely right. Even moving 400 miles South forced me to acclimate which i found remarkable, but I am no longer wilting in the summers here. I have a hard time imagining being able to accommodate the heat we experienced at the last MC on a yearly basis, but I am sure time would accommodate.

humidity keeps the skin looking young. Once you get used to it that's the advantage you have on your opponent. Let them wilt in the 100% humidity while you are taking a stroll through he course. :)

We could play golf more, so there is an obvious plus to the ledger of reasons to move

We could play golf more, so there is an obvious plus to the ledger of reasons to move

I like the sounds of playing more golf with you, especially when it doesn't require me to use your teeny weeny irons with strange lie configurations.

I like the sounds of playing more golf with you, especially when it doesn't require me to use your teeny weeny irons with strange lie configurations.

That can be negotiated still

Waiting to hear back from a few job interviews within my company is so painful. My current job is becoming increasingly annoying with the new "leadership" team, which makes even a week seem like eternity.

Be careful what I wish for apparently. Just heard back from one interview which I thought I had the best shot at. Great conversation with the hiring manager. Come to find out, the gig would mean a skip-level promotion, which they're not super keen on giving out with my company. On to the next one I guess.

I effin hate effin arrogance.
It surrounds the world nowadays.
Be respectful and then earn what comes back...Some generations are lost on that aspect.

Be respectful and then earn what comes back...Some generations are lost on that aspect.

That and the"I Deserve" mentality. You get what you earn not what you think you are entitled to

That and the"I Deserve" mentality. You get what you earn not what you think you are entitled to
It's how our society functions. Can't say boo and hands are always out. But there is a great deal Hardwork that goes unnoticed. I see it everyday.

If I never hear or read the word deserve again it will be too soon. I cannot stand it! I will never understand it.

What about entitlement?
I kid, I kid.

I hate people who think they "Deserve" things and are "entitled"...

I deserve, no I am entitled to just 1 par round before I die :banana:

Throw me in the deserve/entitled hating camp. All the teenagers at the store think they deserve free food and think they deserve a raise and are entitled to whatever they want.

Some girl was standing on a table acting a fool and then had the audacity the very next day tell me that she deserves a raise because she has worked here for a while now. Are you kidding me?? Once you work for it and earn it I will give you a raise. This is at the pizza place I manage

So a little rant from me. The last month has been just nuts. Helping my mom move so much stuff....including a 1400 mile drive from Door County Wisconsin to Houston Texas with a full day before and after that drive of loading and unloading a moving truck mostly solo. This was surrounded by four day trips at work and zero time off. I barely had any time to soak in the aftermath of my first THP event at Old Silo. I can't wait for June 12-13 and the Pittsburgh Invitational. Golf time. THP'ers and me time.

add me to the crowd in the hating camp on deserve and entitlement. I see it way to often and not with just young people. The bad thing is the way society is going it will not getting any better. Handouts and freebies will be the norm and hardwork and keeping what you earn will be less and less commonplace.

So True!!!!

It's how our society functions. Can't say boo and hands are always out. But there is a great deal Hardwork that goes unnoticed. I see it everyday.

Yep 100% agree couldn't have said it better. It is also a shame people can't express themselves. I would rather have someone be straight with me even if it is hard to listen to. Just because someone has something negative to say doesn't mean the intent is to attack/hurt the other person.

Amen brother - entitlement is everywhere. If I really got started, this part of the thread may never end!

I feel like there is a stick stuck right into the back of my right buttock! :beat-up: The pain get's so sharp it nearly drops me to my knees. There will be ZERO chance that I play in any tournaments, THP events, etc. until some sort of corrective surgery. WTF is going on with my health!. :angry:

I feel like there is a stick stuck right into the back of my right buttock! :beat-up: The pain get's so sharp it nearly drops me to my knees. There will be ZERO chance that I play in any tournaments, THP events, etc. until some sort of corrective surgery. WTF is going on with my health!. :angry:
I feel like.someone hit white a 2x4 in the right butt cheeck. The ache is going down my leg. Only a week.remived from the new hip and walked around the block. I think I'm paying for it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back