Please Dont Be This Person

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
As moderators, THP has a great group of people that make this site run smoothly. One of the smaller tasks is approving posts including the marketplace. In our screen there is a little area on the left hand side letting us know that a post needs approval or attachments do.

We understand that sometimes it takes time to get a post ready for your marketplace ad or thread and some people prefer to use the picture upload to THP for those. However please don't be the person that uploads the pictures and leaves them sitting there for hours. It means we are constantly seeing these and think something needs approval.

Screen%20Shot%202015-05-13%20at%2010.33.23%20AM-L.png

Obviously this is said in jest more than serious, but I know every single mod notices it and continues to click on them assuming something needs to be done. If you are listing something in the marketplace or making a post involving attachments, please do not leave them sitting there for hours until you press submit.

Thank you.

virtual high five!

And now its gone. Thank you!!!!!

It always made me wonder why there is never anything to approve when I click on that. I figured it was something that needed Admin approval.

Aye aye captain!!

Bump....

• Admin
Thought I would bring this one back, since attachments have been sitting there for close to an hour.

Thought I would bring this one back, since attachments have been sitting there for close to an hour.

It's been over an hour, you were just driving. I have clicked it at least 10 times, and it makes me sad/mad every time I click it and there is nothing there.

(note to self)....leave attachments for DAYS.

Seriously though, if I ever do this, you have permission to DM me, text or call and let me know I'm a dumba$$.

roger roger.

Please Dont Be This Person

Is this an appropriate forum to thank all of you for what you do to make the forum run smoothly? Especially as we do not see all the behind the scenes stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is this an appropriate forum to thank all of you for what you do to make the forum run smoothly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No thanks necessary.
We have a great crew of mods that do amazing work to make this place great.

Is there a way for you guys to see who is the person with the attachments before it is posted?

I'm not sure what's happening. I hope I am not the violator. If I am, I apologize.

I'm not sure what's happening. I hope I am not the violator. If I am, I apologize.

Just upload photos and host on tapatalk or photobucket, etc and all good.

DON'T upload directly to forum!

If you're using a photo hosting site (Photobucket), it's not you.

Bump for the new Moderator who was frantically pushing the link and wondering what the heck was going on.

hour later, we are up to 20. Just sitting there. Doing nothing.

hour later, we are up to 20. Just sitting there. Doing nothing.

I'm curious, do you moderators have the ability to delete them?

I'm curious, do you moderators have the ability to delete them?

nope. When we click on the link it shows nothing there. Not until the thread has been created can we see them to approve.

nope. When we click on the link it shows nothing there. Not until the thread has been created can we see them to approve.

Ugh that's awful.

So if I uploaded a couple of pictures and immediately submitted my post, then I'm ok? I did this earlier and this is the first time I attached images. Just want to make sure I am doing it right.

so is this just a listing/post sitting in draft form with attachments?

So if I uploaded a couple of pictures and immediately submitted my post, then I'm ok? I did this earlier and this is the first time I attached images. Just want to make sure I am doing it right.

Of course. The rant is about someone uploading pictures and leaving them there for 30 minutes.

Back