Rambler

Reaction score
Handicap
9.9, so 10
I don't know where this post belongs. It could be a part of several threads, I guess, but I'll run with it here, for now.

With the "little things you love" thread and the "parenting thread", and something I was just doing at home, I realized I may have a regret in life, and that's not something I thought I would say as I "mature"...

I have been in the slow process of cleaning-out the junk that has built-up over the years, that doesn't get used, is obsolete, etc. During lunch, I pulled some bed sheets out of the closet, fully intending them to go in the give-away pile. I realized those were the first sheets for my daughter's first "big girl" bed. BOOM! Here come the memories... I remember exactly where I bought the bed, the painstaking thought I put into which sheets she would have picked out, the care I took to put together the bed (just a basic twin bed, but I definitely treated that task with extra thought and care), and how freaking happy I was, standing there, looking at the finished product before she came home from daycare.

Of course, she loved it. Ran and jumped straight on there, beaming the whole time. And then I got it... That kid-hug all parents recognize. The one that says, without words, "Thanks, Daddy (or Mommy)! I love it!"

Anyway, what does this have to do with regrets? Life throws us curve balls, and we have to deal with them - I'm no different from others in this respect. I spend the bulk of my time/effort enjoying life with my kiddo - she fills up my life will all sorts of joys. I'm starting to understand that I'm disappointed there is a good chance I won't have another opportunity to go through the various life stages with another kiddo. I don't know if that will turn into a true regret, but it feels like it, right now.

Anyhow, not meant to be sad, sappy, etc. Anyone regret not going on that job interview, not accepting a certain position, not studying something else in school, etc.? (or am I the only one? LOL!)

I regret getting that credit card in college. That damn thing set me back years in high interest debt.

I regret getting that credit card in college. That damn thing set me back years in high interest debt.

I feel you on the one, blu. Did the same thing.

Several regrets but concerning golf it has to be having to withdraw from the #THPLegacy after finding out I owed waaaayyyy more taxes than anticipated and my Legacy trip money (that was saved and to be saved) went to the IRS instead. Just a temporary financial set back but the timing could not have been worse for me!

My college degree field.

I regret not going to West Point when I had the chance and going enlisted instead. I just wasn't ready to give up 10 years of my life, which seemed like an eternity to a kid.

Not serving my country.

NoRagrets.jpg

Getting married so young (24) I wasn't ready, and really set off a chain of events I'll always feel some guilt over.

Several regrets but concerning golf it has to be having to withdraw from the #THPLegacy after finding out I owed waaaayyyy more taxes than anticipated and my Legacy trip money (that was saved and to be saved) went to the IRS instead. Just a temporary financial set back but the timing could not have been worse for me!

Sadly - I know about this one all too well!

I had every opportunity to get involved in junior golf. My dad was an avid golfer and got me going in the 2-hole league then the 5-hole league as a youth. It bored and frustrated me. I stopped playing, other than an occasional few holes with him after dinner. Now I'm 50 and have just begun to love the game, but am so far behind the curve.

"Regrets, I've had a few, but then again too few too mention"

Really the main one is leaving the Journalism field shortly after starting it. The reasons were several but primarily involved a girl who I thought was everything at the time, and 18 months later she wasn't in my life and I was selling insurance....Out of a van down by the River :)

But it's worked out ok, I've had a pretty solid if not spectacular hospitality career and gotten to travel to many places and meet a lot of cool people.

Last edited:
Anyhow, not meant to be sad, sappy, etc. Anyone regret not going on that job interview, not accepting a certain position, not studying something else in school, etc.? (or am I the only one? LOL!)

I get it man... my baby girl is 22 and on her own. My son, 17 and ready to take on the world. I am not even going to try to put into words... but I get it.

Not pursing baseball more would be one. Not to say I would be playing in the MLB but maybe a farm team doing what I love and getting paid. Not commiting to staying in post secondary longer, who know what the outcome would be now. Getting wrapped up in the wrong croud in high school and after which got me in tons of trouble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I regret making stupid mistakes in the Air Force which led to an unsuccessful marriage, credit card debt, and a general discharge.

"Regrets, I've had a few, but then again too few too mention"

REally the only main one is leaving the Journalism field shortly after starting it. The reasons were several but primarily involved a girl who I thought was everything at the time, and 18 months later she wasn't in my life and I was selling insurance....Out of a van down by the River :)

But it's worked out ok, I've had a pretty solid if not spectacular hospitality career and gotten to travel to many places and meet a lot of cool people.

Interesting Rob... in High School I wrote on the paper, and writing came easy. My dad wondered why I didn't go into journalism. Looking back, with the way I love sports, I wonder how things would have turned out. Just told him last week that I am planning on writing a novel lol.

Oh I have some regrets hahahaha

Not graduating High School
not going to college
Leaving my old Reggae band
Moving from NY to CA for stupid reasons
...there's some others those are big ones though.

Kinda wish I'd have focused on golf a little more in high school rather than just going out and hacking up 100 or so once or twice a month. I only started actually caring 3 or 4 years ago...damn I would be so much better right now haha. But then I might be in an entirely different place right now, and who knows if it'd be good or bad.

Overall, no big regrets. For the most part I like my setup right now, though there may be changes coming down the pipe in a year or so.

Not playing golf from 2001 until 2013...I let life get in the way of something I treasured from 1983.

I regret going to college immediately after high school. I should have taken a couple years and figured out what/who I wanted to be, instead of wasting 2 extra years and tons of money for a field I didn't want to be in.

Looking back, I should have taken up a trade, made something more of myself. Heck, I could be self employed by now.

My two real regrets are; not serving in some branch of the military; not starting to save for retirement sooner.

Back