What is the longest iron you carry? Why?

4 iron is my highest iron.

4 iron I hit it better than hybrids.

6i with my XRs because they are pretty d*** long and I really don't need anything more than 180 carry from an iron. After the 6, it's an experiment and my next stick might be anyone of the following while I figure things out:

- Cally XR 4h (but pretty big gap)
- Adams Super S 5h (better gap)
- Mashie 4h (also gaps well)

Like Jman I'm also thinking about an XR 6h so then I'd go XR 6h/4h to round out the "irons" if I can't settle on Mashie vs Super S.

4 iron, but I really only use it for low recovery shots from under branches.

Longest iron I carry? 5i.

Why? For fishing balls out of water hazards or from OB

Longest iron I carry? 5i.

Why? For fishing balls out of water hazards or from OB

LOL! My 5i gets used a lot for that too sadly.

4i and I actually hit really well off a clean lie. I keep a 4H also for longer shots out of the rough.

6i officially now. BBA 815 23* hybrid is here.

Nice Mike!

I'm going to run with the 5i a while longer, as my ball-striking has finally come back around, I hit it EXTREMELY well last time out.

3i and I think it has a short life left in the bag. Will soon be getting an additional hybrid.

Nice Mike!

I'm going to run with the 5i a while longer, as my ball-striking has finally come back around, I hit it EXTREMELY well last time out.

Looking back the way I play my game, love the smaller hybrid heads, and knowing the 5i does more harm than good it's a no brainer. I can chip/punch out from trouble just as easy with a 6i....

4i here. Still not a huge hybrid fan. I have my 20* turned down to 19* so it kinda fits at a 3h but often times I struggle with getting myself to hit it like an iron and that just causes more problems. I feel way more comfortable hitting my 4i.

I bought a 4i G20 in March and we have not got along too well as I hit my 5i great so I'm baffled, and my bag is over by 1 club so I need to decide does the 4i stay or my 20* Xhot pro hybrid stay but I'm leaning towards the Hybrid right now, so hopefully in the next few weeks I'll have a legal bag again.

Longest is a 7 iron simply because I can hit hybrids better, higher and longer than the irons they replace.

3i for me, but I also carry an 18° Apex UT.

Just made a big change in my bag today. My longest iron is now a 8 iron! (It was a 6 before) I am just so consistent with fairway woods that I have gone to the high loft woods from bullet golf. I just tend to thin long irons too much, and occasionally shank them.

I hit my 8 iron 150 pretty consistently. The 34* wood is good for 160 yards, the 31* wood is 170 and my 20* 5 wood is 185 - 190. At the time, I am just doing a 3/4 swing with the 5 wood for shots between 170 and 185. But I might add the 27* 9 wood in the future., I just don't like to carry more than 12 clubs because I walk and carry. My friends will tease me for getting the "Old Man" woods lol. But when I take their money they will quit laughing! :)

5 iron for me. I carry three hybrids to replace my long irons. I found that once I got past the 5I I just wasn't consistent. The only downside is it is nice to have a 2I or 3I to keep it low when in the woods.

4i. Used to game a 2i pretty well about 10 years ago.

5 iron.

I carry a 5 iron but rarely use it for full shots. It can hit a nice low hook that rolls out pretty nicely when called for... The 6 iron goes about 170 and I usually have other options at the 180 point the 5 iron would go.

4I. Basically because I have space in my bag for it.

Been hitting it pretty decent off the deck, but I usually either club down or hit the Heavenwood out of the rough. Off the tee though, this club has become a reliable option for me. On short par 4s that are a bit out of driver range and for holes where the ball absolutely has to be in play, I'm starting to reach for the 4I. If you had told me that this would be the case 12 months ago I would have laughed at you, but that's the way it's worked out for me so far this year. Still have some decisions to make at the top of the bag, but whatever beats it out will have to be pretty darn consistent.

G30 5W in bound for some tinkering, but I'll be honest... The Heavenwood has allowed me to carry the 4I up to this point in the season. If it was my standard 5W/7W setup, I think the overlap would be too large. The HW is versatile in that it has some overlap but I'm still able to hit it far enough to not be redundant.

Right now a 6 iron. I was just evaluated and the club maker said if he wrre to make up a set he would suggest 7-9 + wedges with a 30* hybrid at 38" and a 25* at 38.5". Then 7, 5, 3 fw woods. I am considering the hb/iron set for this year, maybe woods next. My Superfast 2.0 turned out to be the perfect fit for me within 2cpm for shaft and 1/2 degree loft.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

5 iron for me. It's a matter of consistency.

4 iron for me but I've got a 4 hybrid on the way that I'm going to try and replace my 4 iron and 3 hybrid with to give me more options for the rest of my bag.

5 or 6 depending on the set. I love hybrids.

Back