Cool new phone app - No more waiting in line at Sam's Club.

tahoebum

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
For those of you who are impatient like me, Sam's Club has a new app called Scan & Go that allows you to scan all the products as you put them into your cart and skip the checkout lanes. You just show them your receipt on your phone as you walk out the door. We've used it a couple times and it works like a charm. It takes just a couple minutes to set up the payment options on the app and it lets you use any major credit card, Amex, Visa, Discover, Mastercard.

Cool new phone app - No more waiting in line at Sam's Club.

I plan on getting a Sam's Club membership in near future, this will be very valuable. My only question about this is, how do they know you scanned everything you put into your cart? How do people not walk out with unscanned things?

I plan on getting a Sam's Club membership in near future, this will be very valuable. My only question about this is, how do they know you scanned everything you put into your cart? How do people not walk out with unscanned things?

They check your receipt every time when you leave. I'm sure sketchy people would try it but good luck

They have an employee that checks 100% of the receipts at the door when you exit.

They check your receipt every time when you leave. I'm sure sketchy people would try it but good luck

They have an employee that checks 100% of the receipts at the door when you exit.

Gotchya! I figured it was something like that. I know some Walmart stores did something similar during Black Friday, always thought it was a good idea and easy way to speed things up.

To be fair though, how many times have you walked through with a cart full of things, and they just put the mark on the receipt like, "yeah, that's 17 items. All piled on top of each other."

Very cool, would help a ton! Love doing that at apple stores, feels weird the first couple times, but you get used to it pretty fast!

To be fair though, how many times have you walked through with a cart full of things, and they just put the mark on the receipt like, "yeah, that's 17 items. All piled on top of each other."

Exactly what I was thinking too. I'm sure there are shady people that shop at Sam's Club, but probably far fewer than that shop at other stores. I know when we had a membership most of the time they looked at the receipt, glanced at the cart and we were on our way out the door. There's no way they can tell everything is in the cart that is on the receipt and the other way around. It would take far too long to check some receipts.

It's fantastic and I use it every time we go. I have been asked to pull stuff out of the cart so they can ensure it was correct, and I've also been buzzed right on past while the lady tried to figure out the "stinking gun scanner thingy".

Great suggestion. Thanks

Back