• Full On Internet Golfer Pandamomium In My Head

Votes: 32 19.0%

• Total voters

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Vote in our poll to rate how mental you are about your golf equipment.

Ahhh my very own thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I voted for Not much bothers me, but I know what I like. Offset on irons doesn't bother me, sole width, top line, and finish on them doesn't bother me either. However I know what I prefer to look at on all 4 of those areas. When it comes to woods, I could care less about the color of the crown or graphics(though I dislike white). All the busy looks I can get over. Obviously there are some extremes that might take me longer to get over on both irons and woods. But I'm not one to shy away from trying anything out and seeing how they perform.

An area of mental, is putters. Again not a ton bothers me, but things bother me a little more in this category. Counter balanced putters bother me. Longer than normal putter lengths, they bother me too. Insert or milled? I don't care. I've played mallets, mid-mallets, and blade style putters. I am not a fan of different colors on the putter head. The ghost series that were black and white, I didn't care for, same for the versa lineup.

I know what I like, but I'm willing to bend a little on certain things.

If anyone votes "Nothing Bothers Me" we all know you're fibbing.

I voted for not much bothers me. Once I find something I like, I know what I like. I may get new equipment but it has to be what I like. For example, Hybrids. I know the warbird sole works for me so I havent found anything that replaced my Callaway XHot hybrid. If they make something in the future like it, I will replace it but until then its staying. I know what profiles work for me so I try to stick to that.

I've come to recognize that anything is playable, it just may not be what I'm looking for.

Right now, sound is the biggest hurdle when transitioning to something. If it doesn't sound right, it's probably not for me.

I voted not much bothers me. Everything gets a chance, no matter how it looks. Performance is the factor that determines if it is good for me or not.

It has taken years but I am finally in the I know what I like category vs. full on internet golfer. The Altitudes still have too much offset however.

I know what I like, but I definitely have preferences. Nothing you put in my hands is going to make me all of a sudden play worse than before. I probably would never buy things with certain attributes, but I could play just about anything if I had to. I played G5's as my previous irons, and those are about as wide soled, offset, and large head as you can get. I don't prefer any of that, but it doesn't hinder me in the grand scheme of things.

I went pandemonium! And damn proud of it. I can do a quick pick, but what comes after is down right scary!

#3 choice for me...with line of sight to #4...

I went pandemonium! And damn proud of it. I can do a quick pick, but what comes after is down right scary!

I was waiting for this. Martsy, I am watching you so you better answer correctly.... Oh look another PM to change his Legacy order just came in...:alien:

I started to go with "nothing bothers me", but, then I'd be lying. I know what I like, and often, I can just look at a club and know that I couldn't game it. There are exceptions, of course. I hated the look of the square drivers, but, gamed on for awhile because it "seemed" to give me a few more yards. It very soon found a cold, dark home deep in the golf closet though.

I know what I like and if a club doesn't meet that visually, there is a very small chance I'd play it. The only club in the past few years that I've played that I didn't like visually was the Ping G20 driver, and the only reason I played that for 2+ years was because it was a bomber.

If anyone votes "Nothing Bothers Me" we all know you're fibbing.

Im definitely in the Nothing Bothers Me camp. I can play anything and have shown that with playing both blades and SGI in THP Events.

Im definitely in the Nothing Bothers Me camp. I can play anything and have shown that with playing both blades and SGI in THP Events.

And I have no idea how you do it. The moment I see offset I just think hook and there it goes.

Mental midget

And I have no idea how you do it. The moment I see offset I just think hook and there it goes.

Mental midget

No brain no headache brother.

I know what I like, certain things just dont fit my eye and that can bother me.

I wouldn't say full on internet golfer pandemonium going on upstairs, but I am driving through the neighborhood checking out all the for sale signs.

Not much bothers me. There's a lot of great clubs out there, but the only thing which is going to be a game-changer for me is continued lessons and work.

I would say not much bothers me, but I do know what I like.

I went with #4

I am not golf equipment smart yet but learning, I rely on THP reviews & things like the just completed driver testing.

I voted for Not much bothers me, but I know what I like. Offset on irons doesn't bother me, sole width, top line, and finish on them doesn't bother me either. However I know what I prefer to look at on all 4 of those areas. When it comes to woods, I could care less about the color of the crown or graphics(though I dislike white). All the busy looks I can get over. Obviously there are some extremes that might take me longer to get over on both irons and woods. But I'm not one to shy away from trying anything out and seeing how they perform.

An area of mental, is putters. Again not a ton bothers me, but things bother me a little more in this category. Counter balanced putters bother me. Longer than normal putter lengths, they bother me too. Insert or milled? I don't care. I've played mallets, mid-mallets, and blade style putters. I am not a fan of different colors on the putter head. The ghost series that were black and white, I didn't care for, same for the versa lineup.

+1 to all of this. I have my preferences, but nothing that would make me not play something if push came to shove.

Back