Bushnell Pro X2 Rangefinder - THP Review Thread

Canadan

LGND
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
I am extremely excited to review the Bushnell Pro X2 rangefinder. Last year, I acquired the V4 while making a concession that I really wasn't excited about... Not having the red display. As though Bushnell was listening to my comments while on the golf course, this unit adjusts between the two with a really easy click of a button, as well as a slide to alter the device between slope and non-slope. The comparison will help to determine whether it really is the 'ultimate' rangefinder.

From Bushnell

All of Bushnell Golf’s industry-leading laser rangefinder innovations are packed into the Pro X2.

Tour-trusted Slope-Switch Technology engages Bushnell Golf’s patented Slope Technology to give the golfer compensated distance based the hole’s incline/decline - and turns off for a USGA-conforming device when needed.

There’s PinSeeker with JOLT Technology to eliminate any doubt that you have locked onto the flag. All of it is wrapped in fully-waterproof metal housing to give the golfer the ultimate golf laser rangefinder.

KEY FEATURES
Slope-Switch Technology
Rubber Armored Metal Housing
IPX7 Fully Waterproof
PinSeeker with JOLT Technology
Accurate to a 1/2 yard
Ranges 5-1,300 Yds; 450+ Yds to a Flag
Dual Display Technology
6X Magnification
2nd Generation E.S.P.
Fast Focus System
Stable-Grip Technology

KEY TECHNOLOGIES

SLOPE-SWITCH TECHNOLOGY - Slope-Switch technology lets the golfer easily toggle in and out of our patented Slope function. This allows the golfer to conveniently utilize Slope to get compensated distances around the course when they want it and have a USGA conforming device that is legal for tournament play when they need it.

DUAL DISPLAY TECHNOLOGY - DDT - Exclusive to the Pro X2. With the simple press of the Mode button, Dual Display Technology allows the user to easily toggle between a bright red vivid display or sharp black display based on lighting conditions or personal preference.

DDT-Dual-Display-Technology.aspx

PINSEEKER WITH JOLT TECHNOLOGY - PinSeeker with JOLT provides the golfer with short vibrating pulses to give a tactile confirmation that the laser has locked onto the flag. Jolt Technology removes all doubt. Feel the exact distance... feel the JOLT!

SLOPE COMPENSATION - The technology of tour domination. Slope compensation calculates and adjusts yardage depending on the degree of slope.

In Hand Photos

0402171522b-XL.jpg

0402171523a-XL.jpg

0402171522a-XL.jpg

0402171520a-XL.jpg

0402171525a-XL.jpg

0402171521-XL.jpg

0402171522-XL.jpg

0402171523c-XL.jpg

So I take it doesn't have to change the face like the Tour X does, to change slope.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Another good looking device, I'll be paying close attention to it.

Outside of the speed, color and price, what are the difference between this and the NX7 pro

Sent from my F8131 using Tapatalk

Man, these things just keep getting better looking. The V4 was a logical upgrade from my V3, but this is nice too. Ugh.

Upgraded to the tour x last year so not in the market but I like the looks. Bushnell makes great products and suspect this will be another good one.

So I take it doesn't have to change the face like the Tour X does, to change slope.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

All you need to do is slide the ProX2 logo down on the right side of the device and it changes whether slope is considered.

This might be a stupid question, but I have a Bushnell Tour V4 without slope and it has 3 lenses, and I see some have 2 some have three. What difference does the number of lenses makes?

Love the overall dark look, and the texture looks like it would feel great in hand.

Love the looks of this unit, and the ability to switch between black and red should really come in handy based on the lighting and background.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That thing looks sweet. Folks need to stop crowding the market with these things...it just makes it harder for me to decide on one.

Man that thing is sweet looking. I love the jolt feature on the Bushnell rangefinders.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I have to stay away from the reviews on this. Must not spend $500 on an accessory LOL

This is something I'm going to follow along with closely. I really want to upgrade from my ProM1 and this sounds like it has everything I'm looking for when I upgrade. The price I'm sure will make me hold off until I find a sale, but something to keep an eye on. Can't wait to hear your feedback Dan!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Look forward to hearing your thoughts on this Dan.
I like the looks and that the red display is available here. Something that I have grown quite accustomed to. Not sure when I would use the slope feature, but it might be fun to play with occasionally.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

I like the size of this unit, it seems a little bigger. It reminds me of my current rangefinder and the bigger profile I think helps me stay steady.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

This unit looks really grippy! My 1m works great, but the shape on these is more of what I like, and all of the grip is something that would be cool to test out. Also - quick switch between red and black is always nice!

I love the look of this rangefinder.

Nice. This will be my next rangefinder. I like that it's got all the similar functions as my tour x but without the face plate for slope

Really interested in this thread. Never used a Bushnell rangefinder before and I've really been pondering one for quite some time. Can't wait to hear your thoughts Dan! Plus this thing looks beautiful.

I'll buy your old one :alien:
My tour x is pretty beat up. Had it since launch. Still works fine but shiny and new calls my name.... lol

Liked the details when I saw the THP post on Instagram. Looking forward to your review!

I have a Bushnell Tour X and it's awesome. Like Canadan mentioned, the ability to choose between red and black text is pretty awesome. You don't realize how much of a difference it is until you see if with your own eyes. The two face plates was done to be rules conforming. Since it's release, rules allow for a device to have a button/switch to turn off the slope feature.

I was able to play around with the Pro X2 at my local GolfMart (max distance 50 yards) this past week. A few noticeable differences:
1. Size: Tour X is big and the Pro X2 is smaller like the new V4/V4 Slope rangefinders.
2. Speed: Both rangefinders are fast, but I would give the nod to the Pro X2.
3. Weight: The Pro X2 feels sturdier. Same 8 oz in a smaller package.
4. Dial: The Tour X requires constant focusing and the dial moves relatively freely. The Pro X2 dial was very hard to adjust. I wonder if you focus it once and it's good to go.

Back