Well, it's official. I'm injured.

dacatalyst41

#ReptheG #RocktheChev
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
As you can tell from the photo, I'm not having the greatest day. Still in high spirits because it could be so much worse.
I slipped on the floor playing pick up ball and tried to break my fall with my hands. That didn't go well. I'm grateful there was no break, but I may have torn a ligament. I'm supposed to get details and a recovery timeline tomorrow. Can't wait to get back out swinging my clubs!
Has anyone else had to fight back from injury recently?
7f3bc7729249bccdef13b0387a897431.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Good luck! I tore my scapholunate ligament, which is common in a fall like that. Make sure you get multiple opinions if it is torn, but I hope for your sake it's not. I can give you more details after you find out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

That stinks. Hope the diagnosis you receive is the best possible.

Hate hearing about anyone getting injured, especially while just trying to have fun.
"Has anyone else had to fight back from injury recently", I seem to make that a yearly thing now days. 3 out of the last 4 years I'd had to deal with injuries. This year's injury is the first that was actually from golfing.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Golfers elbow last year. Still recovering from that one. Didn't touch a club all winter. Still suffering with it occasionally.

I wish you good luck and a speedy recovery !

I am currently rehabbing my right shoulder after having surgery on Jan. 19th. The surgeon told me last week that I can start working on my short game with just chipping and putting. No full swing shots till May 1st. (am counting the days.....)

Well, it's official. I'm injured.

I know the feeling! Broke my ankle a month ago and I'm just now able to put pressure on it to walk with my walking boot.

Stay strong and follow all the guidelines for recovery. Don't want any setbacks

Last edited:
Ouch! Good luck on a speedy recovery!

oh no! here's to a speedy recovery.

i dealt with a ton of back and shoulder pain last year. it didn't completely sideline me, but i had to take a lot of breaks. we'll see how this summer goes, but i'm hoping to supplement with more exercise and stretching than i did last year.

Terrible news. Get healed up!

Thanks for all the well wishes! I'm looking forward to putting this behind me and shredding some pounds and strength training... prayerfully sooner rather than later.

Sorry to see this. Take the full recovery time as suggested. I didn't on one of my minor injuries and it didn't heal right. Lucky for me it was just a tendon in my right hand ring finger though, but I learned my lesson.

Hope the diagnosis predicts a speedy and complete recovery!

Hope ya heel up quick.

Get better soon.

Wishing you a quick recovery

Heal up quickly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Listen to the doctors..get better soon!

That really sucks. I hate seeing people get hurt at the beginning of a golf season.

Ouch! Get well quickly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That really sucks. I hate seeing people get hurt at the beginning of a golf season.
Yeah the thing that sucks is I was scheduled to play in a work sponsored tournament in early May. Oh and we have a new born. Things will get better. I'm praying it's soon.

Ouch get well soon!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Hope you heal soon, I'll offer one word of advice, when it comes time to do therapy, listen, work hard, and do NOT do anything they tell you not to do. I was out of therapy 3 weeks early by doing these things.

Hope you heal soon, I'll offer one word of advice, when it comes time to do therapy, listen, work hard, and do NOT do anything they tell you not to do. I was out of therapy 3 weeks early by doing these things.
I'll definitely do that! I've heard several others say the same.

Back