Components for Taylormade's Top Staffers

-CRW-

Reaction score
jon rahm is a "top staffer?" that didn't take long. nudged olympic gold medalist and major champion justin rose right out of there!

that's a cool breakdown. thanks for sharing. sergio with 30g butt weight in his irons? i wonder what that does to the feel.

Same thoughts here. I would actually like to see more details like swing weights of clubs, and if they are custom how the builders are accomplishing it (tip weights, butt weights, etc.) Mostly to see if there are any patterns among similar style golfers (long hitters, exceptionally accurate iron players, etc.)

That's cool. Interesting to see the bounce on the wedges.

That was pretty damn cool, thanks for the link!

That's cool. Interesting to see the bounce on the wedges.

To be fair, TM doesn't have a lot of bounce options to begin with. So I'm not sure that's indicative of what they would actually play if given more choices. I think Sergio is notorious for grinding his wedges himself to get them exactly the way he wants (possibly adding more bounce).

Very cool seeing all the components laid out like that. Makes me want to go to the garage and tinker a bit.

To be fair, TM doesn't have a lot of bounce options to begin with. So I'm not sure that's indicative of what they would actually play if given more choices. I think Sergio is notorious for grinding his wedges himself to get them exactly the way he wants (possibly adding more bounce).

Well, Taylormade doesn't retail many bounce options. But they will make whatever bounce option a pro wants.

Well, Taylormade doesn't retail many bounce options. But they will make whatever bounce option a pro wants.

But who knows how many actually tinker with bounce amounts that aren't factory made versus just picking out of what's available.

I know custom requests happen all the time, but it would be cool to see who's asking for what and why. Or what the change does for them. Like DJ and his HZRDUS Black 105 X shaft. Or the 85 gram versions in other tour players bags.

Thanks, interesting to see.

Very interesting !! Thanks for sharing.

But who knows how many actually tinker with bounce amounts that aren't factory made versus just picking out of what's available.

I know custom requests happen all the time, but it would be cool to see who's asking for what and why. Or what the change does for them. Like DJ and his HZRDUS Black 105 X shaft. Or the 85 gram versions in other tour players bags.

The bounce could change quite frequently based on the course and type of grass used. Updating that regularly doesn't make sense.

jon rahm is a "top staffer?" that didn't take long. nudged olympic gold medalist and major champion justin rose right out of there!

that's a cool breakdown. thanks for sharing. sergio with 30g butt weight in his irons? i wonder what that does to the feel.

Considering Rahm is on fire and Rose has limited his schedule due to injury I don't blame TM for going with the hot hands.

The bounce could change quite frequently based on the course and type of grass used. Updating that regularly doesn't make sense.

I'm not saying it would be convenient for them, but that's another area that would be cool to see. For example, this player uses this bounce on this wedge at this course because ____.

Or when they switch from one make/model club in a specific spot in the bag for another due to course conditions and what benefit they think they might gain from the switch.

It's just pure curiosity on my part and is entertaining to read.

based on my conversation with cobra's tour van crew, this is correct. one grind to rule them all. i specifically asked about this, and he said they might tinker with bag setup, but not grinds.

based on my conversation with cobra's tour van crew, this is correct. one grind to rule them all. i specifically asked about this, and he said they might tinker with bag setup, but not grinds.

I think emart is saying the opposite - that they could change all the time. And that updating the WITB all the time wouldn't make sense.

11* of Loft on Djs driver - nice!

very very cool!!!!

I think emart is saying the opposite - that they could change all the time. And that updating the WITB all the time wouldn't make sense.

Right. When they are playing firm vs soft conditions that may get some gridiron done on their wedges. Iirc we have seen Mr. Cleveland talk about this where a guy comes in and wants some work done on his wedges for the course conditions. So even though they may have a certain grind all the time there may be some tweaking on the grinder for that week

Right. When they are playing firm vs soft conditions that may get some gridiron done on their wedges. Iirc we have seen Mr. Cleveland talk about this where a guy comes in and wants some work done on his wedges for the course conditions. So even though they may have a certain grind all the time there may be some tweaking on the grinder for that week

my bad. that's the opposite of what ben told me. he actually scoffed at the question like that would be a pretty stupid thing to do lol. would be curious to hear other oem tour van guys weigh in.

Pretty cool!
original

original

original

original

I was surprised to see that Sergio was using the superstroke grips. That's cool.

Edit: whoops, I was wrong about Day's shafts.

Back