Branson June 26th through 28th unofficial THP gathering

6i or 5i for me depending on how I'm striking the ball that day.

Hole 9. 180 par 3. Needless to say the miss is to the right. This green is huge. When pin is on the right it's a pretty easy hole. When it's tucked behind the bunker on the left it is a bear.
Very nice risk reward par 3.

We already KNOW where that pin will be with the State Am teeing off right after us. Odds on just how fast and firm they have the green back there? Just a beautiful hole and I am really looking forward to playing this one. If I hit it straght my hybrid either lands in the front bunker or rolls into the back one. Hole out from the sand. Birdie!

Hehehe You had to balance out my backwards pitch shot on the other par 5 as far as entertainment.

I think I will lay up short of the stream.....stiff a wedge and then drain the par putt

33afab05058c6510d93d21ea6cbc02ff.jpg

ccf951db6a9cc2492a658fba1ed9d1df.jpg

Hole number 10. 360 yard dogleg left par 4. You want to keep your tee shot on right side of fairway. Will have short iron into green. 4 wood is a good play off of the tee will leave a wedge into the green. If you miss the green left your dead.

Now we are talking....short dogleg left par 4's!

Bring on some more of those

Try to peel one off the bunkers on the left and have a shot at the hole. Approach would be to aim middle of the green as it looks like pin hunting can bring a big number into play. Get out of there with par/bogey and be happy.

Damn, I need to stop reading this thread. Jealousy level increases each time!

Another stunning hole. Tight off the tee and that approach shot looks scary for someone prone to yanking their short irons like me.

Another stunning hole. Tight off the tee and that approach shot looks scary for someone prone to yanking their short irons like me.
There is some bailout room on the right side of the green

Take driver, cut the corner, chunk chip into the bunker. Blast out to 10 feet.....easy 2 putt bogey

Put tee shot to the right under the trees. Punch out across the fairway into the bunkers on the left. Blast out of the bunkers to the right of the green. Bump and run into the hole for par.

73621fdd76ca7cb075d768239b1bc278.jpg

Hole 11. 150 yard par3. Pretty straight up hole, this is the last easy hole on the back. Get your birdie here. As long as you don't miss long or left you are in good shape

pull hook an 8 iron down the side of the mountain, take 2 shots to get back on the green and drain 35 foot bogey putt

Hole 11. 150 yard par3. Pretty straight up hole, this is the last easy hole on the back. Get your birdie here. As long as you don't miss long or left you are in good shape
1. Spend the next 5 or 6 weeks fixing my damn draw / hook.
2. 8 or 9i.
3. The rest doc the hole epends on #1.

1. Spend the next 5 or 6 weeks fixing my damn draw / hook.
Now there's a plan that makes sense for just about every shot on every hole Shane has posted so far...if only it were possible.
As for #11, I like CJ's option best. I'm gonna ace it too.

Add me to the hopefuls list!

Things keep on moving closer to being finalized on the room front. We have unit numbers for the condos and confirmation numbers that all 4 units are booked. There will be 3 units that are all in the same building and on the same floor (think big apartment complex style buildings) that will hold 16 people, and then 1 unit that is about a block away that will sleep 4 (this is my dad's other unit which is why it isn't as close). I'm hoping the close proximity of the units will make it really easy for people to hang out. Also, there is a pool and hot tub at the front desk building that is free for guests, and I think my dad said there is a club house area that I could look into reserving if you have to reserve it, or we could just use it if you don't have to reserve it. A 4-bed unit will be available Thursday night if people are getting in early, and a 6 bed unit will be available Sunday night if people are staying late, or if people want to keep their stuff in a unit while we golf Sunday instead of in a car. I have no idea how we're handling who is staying in what unit or sleeping on what bed, but at least we will all have some sort of bed and a roof over our heads, so that's a plus.

In other news, my dad won't be joining us because he banged up his already bad knee pretty bad and is having full knee replacement on June 1 and didn't think he'd be up to golfing 152 holes in a weekend, or however many we're golfing, that close after getting the new hardware in.

Back