Do Dress Codes bother you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now we clearly have another disconnect. Mushrooms are food of the gods. I have fresh mushrooms in the fridge, dried porcini and canned button mushrooms in the pantry. Can't imagine life without them.

How DAAAARE you sir!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahaha, glad we can keep in light in here. Good on you, Rick.

Very well stated but I think it depends on what location you are talking about. Where I came from, everyone or at least 90 percent of the golfers wore jeans in the winter months. There were occasions when a couple of guys/non members would show up with traditional golfing pants on however that was not the norm. Heck even when I wore something like cords to my course, for a change of pace, I got smart arse remarks like what ya got those on for? It took me a couple of years to get use to NOT wearing jeans when heading out on Saturday mornings.

Yea I mean there are definitely different "typical" attires depending on where you are. And that's true, I think that changes things up a bit. There is a course I play that is basically completely in the country, and if it's any what chilly out, I'm pretty much the only one NOT wearing jeans. But I fully understand and respect that I'm out on their turf haha.

It still to me isn't golf attire. Just like in those same areas, the guys might play a pickup game of baseball in jeans as well...jeans still aren't baseball pants.

I hate dress codes. I wouldn't play golf in jeans or a t shirt personally, but I'm happy for people to have the choice to be able to if they choose.
I remember one summer at my old private club back in England, I bought a couple of friends down for a round. It was a gorgeous summers afternoon, so we settled down on the clubhouse patio for a pint and watch people come down the 18th. As I had a bar card, I went in to get the drinks. However, I had one foot in the door when I had a member in my face telling me I couldn't come in. My crime? I had trainers (sneakers) on. I told him I was just going to the bar then coming back out with the drinks. He was having none of it. I could have barged past him, or told him to go you know what himself, but it was a busy day, I chose not to make a scene. I was in shorts, they were smart clean trainers, who the hell wears dress shoes with shorts?!?! Yeah, dress codes are beyond ridiculous as far as I'm concerned.

Funny story in regards to how you are perceived by your attire in different places:

I was traveling for work when I stopped at McDonald's to get something to eat in a town that I didn't know at all. I figured out once I had ordered and sat down to eat that I probably wasn't in the best neighborhood as I didn't look like anyone else in there at all and I was getting some funny looks. I was dressed in slacks and a polo shirt, nothing too fancy, but much more dressed up than everyone else in the place. This isn't the first time I've been in this type of situation, and I only have one rule when I find myself in this situation: Act like you belong there.

So I'm sitting and eating and a younger kid looks at me and exclaims: "Are you a cop?" fairly loudly. I laughed and said "Nope" and he very quickly concluded "OK, then you're someone's parole officer". I laughed again and told him "No, I work for the Army" which caught his attention and I sat there having a conversation about the Army with this 10 year old boy while everyone around us was listening. We ended up having a good time talking for a little while, but I will always remember the way he looked at the only white man, dressed decently in the place and immediately thought police or probation officer at 10 years old.

I love dress code threads.

I played 18 this afternoon with a lawyer and a restaurant owner... we were all wearing jeans. :thumb:

I played 18 this afternoon with a lawyer and a restaurant owner... we were all wearing jeans. :thumb:

You're out of season dude! We never wore jeans after April in Georgia. It's kind of like wearing white shoes/pants after labor day. :D

You're out of season dude! We never wore jeans after April in Georgia. It's kind of like wearing white shoes/pants after labor day. :D

I go by the weather, not the date. Today was partly cloudy, very windy, 65°, and by the time we finished, we were under a tornado watch. The rain started as we were loading our bags in our cars. Just a couple of days ago we had temps below freezing. At 4000 feet above sea level and a few hundred miles farther north, spring doesn't come as early here as it does in Georgia.

My local course doesnt really enforce a dress code, it's not unusual to see someone in jeans (Not me....EVER)

But last week there were a couple of younger guys who you could tell either had never played or were fairly new beginners......both had jean shorts that hung off their ass and wife beater tank tops with their hats on backwards, they also seemed to have no etiquette at all...those are the kind I could do without

I go by the weather, not the date. Today was partly cloudy, very windy, 65°, and by the time we finished, we were under a tornado watch. The rain started as we were loading our bags in our cars. Just a couple of days ago we had temps below freezing. At 4000 feet above sea level and a few hundred miles farther north, spring doesn't come as early here as it does in Georgia.

Sounds like good jeans weather to me ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They don't. They just cut off the legs. ;-)

But it is only cool if you cut them off during the round :laughing:

freak-in-tight-jeans-shorts.jpg

Ugggg... My eyes are bleeding.

Oh Gawd! :bulgy-eyes:

Seems this has run its course. Locking it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back