Pro Tracer at ranges. Are the distances accurate?

Hamfist

I promise not to murder Canadan.
Reaction score
Handicap
30+
I did a search, but didn't find anything.

The simple question is: do you find the ball carry distances given by the system to be accurate?

If they are, I AM STRONG LIKE BULL!!

If not, I hate technology.

Generally, yes. But there are lots of variables, like range ball quality, wind, mat vs turf, and calibration. If they have a 150 marker, and the ProTracer has you at 150, then it's pretty good if the marker is accurate (see - laser rangefinder.)

I am using it to establish my average yardages and gaps between clubs, so I trust it.

Congrats on the big numbers!

Generally, yes. But there are lots of variables, like range ball quality, wind, mat vs turf, and calibration. If they have a 150 marker, and the ProTracer has you at 150, then it's pretty good if the marker is accurate (see - laser rangefinder.)

I am using it to establish my average yardages and gaps between clubs, so I trust it.

Congrats on the big numbers!

Thank you! I am strong like bull!! (Maybe) I need to use this technology because I can't judge distances for crap.

Thank you! I am strong like bull!! (Maybe) I need to use this technology because I can't judge distances for crap.

Only cautions are YMMV because of a) range balls and b) hitting off a mat/rubber tee that may not be how you actually tee it up.

Only cautions are YMMV because of a) range balls and b) hitting off a mat/rubber tee that may not be how you actually tee it up.

Yea agreed with this. Should be pretty accurate but the balls, weather, and range terrain and grass also play a big part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did a search, but didn't find anything.

The simple question is: do you find the ball carry distances given by the system to be accurate?

If they are, I AM STRONG LIKE BULL!!

If not, I hate technology.

Not at midddleburg, I always found it to be 10 to 15 yards long, the lower your ball flight the more off it is imo

Not at midddleburg, I always found it to be 10 to 15 yards long, the lower your ball flight the more off it is imo

::sad::sad::sad::sad:

I do find the ball speed is fairly accurate though

I do find the ball speed is fairly accurate though

Reviving this thread... dropped in to see my parents who ended up not being home so instead I swung by the local range. Seems this place installed TopTracer in their bays.

So according to this thing I was hitting my 7 iron off mats at 160 yards but I was hitting driver 200.

Now I know I’m not a long hitter off the tee but my max thisday, according to this app, was 212... really?!

Reviving this thread... dropped in to see my parents who ended up not being home so instead I swung by the local range. Seems this place installed TopTracer in their bays.

So according to this thing I was hitting my 7 iron off mats at 160 yards but I was hitting driver 200.

Now I know I’m not a long hitter off the tee but my max thisday, according to this app, was 212... really?!

The sim I go to during the winter, it’s dead on with iron distances, spin rates, etc. It is WAY off the mark with driver because it doesn’t measure driver spin correctly. It has me around 3500 RPM’s (best case) so my ball screams to its apex and stalls and drops straight out of the air. With my old 4i I was typically within 20 yards of my driver distance. My new 4i is almost 20 yards longer than my old one, I haven’t hit it on there yet, but it wouldn’t surprise me if it says it goes within 5-10 yards of driver. Which certainly isn’t true. It also has my 13 year old, who hits a low draw with driver and doesn’t hit it quite as hard as me, in the 3500 range too. It’ll even show the ball flight correctly. Just gets knocked out of the air.

I don’t know why they’re so far off with driver and 3w to a little lesser degree, but dead on with irons?

Back