Create Your Own Project X Shaft - #TheHandCraftedExperience THP Event

Ok so question. Are graphite shafts able to tipped a couple times? As in if I get in my current driver with a TM adapter am I able to have that removed and have another adapter put on if I decide to change heads? I am thinking it is going to depend on the club builder and how good they are, but I hate to think about damaging the work of art we are going to create.

Ok so question. Are graphite shafts able to tipped a couple times? As in if I get in my current driver with a TM adapter am I able to have that removed and have another adapter put on if I decide to change heads? I am thinking it is going to depend on the club builder and how good they are, but I hate to think about damaging the work of art we are going to create.

Any good club-builder can do a tip swap in the future if need be.

Sounding like my girlfriend will not want to come down for the weekend after this, as the main things she wants to see in SoCal are in the desert...and it's gonna be 100 zillion degrees there at that time haha.

So more than likely, I'll stay till Saturday to allow for a round at Torrey and leave that night. And be looking to split a hotel room for Wed-Fri nights, and probably a rental as well.

Congrats to all that got in. It's going to be something totally unique.

I'm also down for sharing room and car rental. I personall will probably fly in on August 19 and then out on August 23. I'd like that extra day to maybe hit up Torrey Pines or Coronado and take in a Padres game.

Ditto! Torrey would be a blast. Have always wanted to tee it up there.

I'm up for Torrey Pines. And sharing a room Wed and Thurs nights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just did the same and am officially in. I think I just need a place to crash Thursday night as I am only about 75 miles from the Project X headquarters. I will get with the wife and try and make a Torrey Pines trip happen.

Sounding like my girlfriend will not want to come down for the weekend after this, as the main things she wants to see in SoCal are in the desert...and it's gonna be 100 zillion degrees there at that time haha.

So more than likely, I'll stay till Saturday to allow for a round at Torrey and leave that night. And be looking to split a hotel room for Wed-Fri nights, and probably a rental as well.

Funny you guys bring this up. I was looking at Torrey Pines yesterday after I saw I was in. The North Course is $125 on weekends for non-residents which isn't bad. I want to play it on Saturday as I plan on leaving Sunday morning. If anyone else wants to play on Saturday let me know.

Funny you guys bring this up. I was looking at Torrey Pines yesterday after I saw I was in. The North Course is $125 on weekends for non-residents which isn't bad. I want to play it on Saturday as I plan on leaving Sunday morning. If anyone else wants to play on Saturday let me know.

I am thinking the same. I will likely already be pushing it with the lady to stay till Saturday, so it'll have to be then. I don't absolutely have to play the South Course either, the North is supposed to be great as well.

I am thinking the same. I will likely already be pushing it with the lady to stay till Saturday, so it'll have to be then. I don't absolutely have to play the South Course either, the North is supposed to be great as well.

Exactly my thoughts. I'm more than happy playing the North Course which is $105 cheaper than the South Course and still supposed to be a great track.

Exactly my thoughts. I'm more than happy playing the North Course which is $105 cheaper than the South Course and still supposed to be a great track.
I will play either course. Sat AM is fine with me!!

I know its expensive but I'm up for playing the south course on Sat. Heck, another option might be flying out on Tuesday, playing Torrey Wednesday for the cheaper mid week rate, then flying home Saturday.

I'm really getting curious about the design aspects of the shaft. Does it mean color and graphics as well? Seem like I remember reading something about color for sure being an option. Thinking White, Gold and Maroon will be involved in my color scheme.

I keep on daydreaming about the time that is going to be had with PX at this thing. So much knowledge and so many possibilities it's just brain warping. Do you know how many people can say a shaft was made JUST for them and their swing/wants/needs? Less than a handful I would guess.

Ho-ly crap!

I know its expensive but I'm up for playing the south course on Sat. Heck, another option might be flying out on Tuesday, playing Torrey Wednesday for the cheaper mid week rate, then flying home Saturday.

I'm really getting curious about the design aspects of the shaft. Does it mean color and graphics as well? Seem like I remember reading something about color for sure being an option. Thinking White, Gold and Maroon will be involved in my color scheme.

It's not so much cost that worries me, as just being able to get on. But I've heard that the North is of a similar quality for a fraction of the price, so just made sense to me. I don't know if I could fly in Tuesday, taking the 2 days off work is pushing it as it is with how many vacation days I (don't) have haha

Me too, I've been dreaming about graphics today. White with maroon and orange accents is what I'm thinking, gotta represent the alma mater :D

Hey, if people want to play the South I'll play the South. I've never been out to Cali in my life and don't know when I'll be going back so if everyone else wants to splurge a little I'm in. Unfortunately I can't come out until Wednesday after work. I'll probably leave NY around 7ish which should get me into Cali around 11ish west coast time.

I keep on daydreaming about the time that is going to be had with PX at this thing. So much knowledge and so many possibilities it's just brain warping. Do you know how many people can say a shaft was made JUST for them and their swing/wants/needs? Less than a handful I would guess.

Ho-ly crap!

I can't either man. It's such an amazing opportunity to not only learn a ton but also come away with a 1 of a kind shaft.

I have a pretty good idea of what I'm going to do with the design already. It's going to be amazing to see it all come together though.

Hey, if people want to play the South I'll play the South. I've never been out to Cali in my life and don't know when I'll be going back so if everyone else wants to splurge a little I'm in. Unfortunately I can't come out until Wednesday after work. I'll probably leave NY around 7ish which should get me into Cali around 11ish west coast time.

I'll likely be getting in evening of Wednesday as well, though I'll probably try for more like 7-8pm so I can actually get some sleep.

If the consensus becomes South and we can all get on, then I'm all for it. We can gauge interest as we get a little closer. We'll definitely need a hookup to get on either course on a Saturday though, from what I hear.

I'll likely be getting in evening of Wednesday as well, though I'll probably try for more like 7-8pm so I can actually get some sleep.

If the consensus becomes South and we can all get on, then I'm all for it. We can gauge interest as we get a little closer. We'll definitely need a hookup to get on either course on a Saturday though, from what I hear.

From the website you can make tee times 90 days in advance. If we did it right at the 90 day mark I think we'll get a tee time. However, if my math is correct that's coming up in about a week or 2 so we'd have to commit pretty early.

I'm honestly most interested in the profile and what we will be able to do and manipulate, and just how all of the different flags and such change it all. Plus, don't forget about the baseline shaft we will be working with pre event. That is crazy.

I'm honestly most interested in the profile and what we will be able to do and manipulate, and just how all of the different flags and such change it all. Plus, don't forget about the baseline shaft we will be working with pre event. That is crazy.

Oh, I know. I can't wrap my mind how we're going to be able to create the design and profile of the shaft. The profile part is crazy. I'm going to try to get on a trackman or flightscope a couple times with the baseline shaft because I want as much info as possible for when it's time to create my own.

I'm going to try to get on a trackman or flightscope a couple times with the baseline shaft because I want as much info as possible for when it's time to create my own.

Me as well, I want to get my custom puppy all dialed in! Totally custom bend profile is just total insanity. The graphics would just be icing on the cake.

Regarding Torrey, I think for the 90 day thing there might only be certain tee times available for that. Also keep in mind you have to pay am extra $45 to book that far out (worth it, but still).

Me as well, I want to get my custom puppy all dialed in! Totally custom bend profile is just total insanity. The graphics would just be icing on the cake.

Regarding Torrey, I think for the 90 day thing there might only be certain tee times available for that. Also keep in mind you have to pay am extra $45 to book that far out (worth it, but still).

Didn't see that booking fee, haha.

I need such an education on shafts. I know that the shaft is the "engine" that drives the club, but I have no idea what the following really mean:

-torque
-bend profile
-kick point
-flags (from Jman above, no idea what that means)

This is going to be fun and you guys are going to help teach an old dog new tricks as you teach me about shafts! Really anxious to learn! Guess my lack of knowledge drove me straight to thinking about colors.

I excited to see the specific details on the testing and designing phase.

I need such an education on shafts. I know that the shaft is the "engine" that drives the club, but I have no idea what the following really mean:

-torque
-bend profile
-kick point
-flags (from Jman above, no idea what that means)

This is going to be fun and you guys are going to help teach an old dog new tricks as you teach me about shafts! Really anxious to learn! Guess my lack of knowledge drove me straight to thinking about colors.
There are a lot of thp tv episodes with shaft manufacturers and that would be a good start if you would like.

Also some solid old podcasts on thp radio on shafts that explain quite a bit of this.

This event is going to be freaking incredible.. The live update thread will be epic

Great tip JB! Already learned more than I knew by watching a few. I really like this one! Interesting that the LZ can be moved and dialed in.

Back