Worst Hole of the Day - DOUBLE PAR OR WORSE ONLY!!!

#11 at Stryker golf course. A short Par 4 that has water about 170 out and then 150ish to a very contoured green.

1. 6 iron off the tee, hooked left into the trees, completely blocked out from trying to make it over the water.
2. Punch out to the fairway, it goes a little further than I wanted and left me with overhanging branches to deal with.
3. PW to the green, except it hits the branch dead on and the ball actually ends up behind me.
4. 130 yards in, hit the AW perfectly and flew over the back of the green, leaving an impossible shot. Uphill over a mound to the green and the green feeds sharply downhill.
5. LW which barely clears the mound, but still rolls all the way off the front of the green.
6. LW back onto the green.
7. Putt
8. Putt

Just a miserable hole for me, which is normally an easy par. You just cannot go long on your approach, which I did and it cost me.

I almost reached this today unfortunately. 485 yard par 5

1. Great drive, baby fade that rolled out to 251 and almost perfectly centered in the fw

2. Topped 3 wood that went like 50 yards forward and 20 yards left. Left me against a small tree

3. Pitch back out into the fw

4. Blocked 6 iron that caught the slope left to right and rolled against another tree short of the green to the right.

5. Pitch into a bunker

6. Chip onto the green leaving me roughly 30ft

7. Overcooked putt rolls 10ft past

8. Missed putt coming back

9. Finally made putt.

Seriously disgusting and worst hole ive had in a really long time.

Yesterday, hole 15. Severe dogleg right with a creek that runs across the FW at typically 220 out. Since we were playing from the reds for this tourney, it was about 190 to the creek and then 255 carry into a wind.

I hit 6i off the tee and pushed it right but got a kick out of the trees into the FW. Had 255 to green so was just taking a 5i to try and get it to 70y or so out. Made the critical mistake I couldn't make and chunked it into the water.

Drop 3 and then hit 3h for the 4th shot just short of the green which I was happy with. Had to carry a bunker to get to the pin and bladed it over the green. Hit the 6th with a good pitch to 4 feet short of pin but above hole. Had a little slider and didn't commit missing it on the low side. Tap in for an 8. Ended up with a 43 on the back after that quad. Pissed me off cause all I had to do for a bogey was get it into play with the 2nd....failure.

First tee on Saturday.

First drive: right off the hosel, low liner into the creek in front of the tee box.

Second tee shot: Exact. Same. Shot.

I get into cart, and proceed to other side of creek to drop (cheat).

Took an 11 on the opening par 4.

Last Tuesday, first night of league. 4th hole (#13) a Par 3, 165. Hit a beautiful tee shot that was pin high... and 30y to the right. OB and the razor wire protecting the yards there meant no going after it. By this point it was raining hard. Re-teed and left it short. Chunked wedge still not to the green. Finally on the green and missed a 20' putt for a 6 by inches. Picked up at double par and back to the clubhouse. Only saving grace is the rain wiped out the round so it didn't count.

To preface, I was sitting at +1 through 13 holes and was hitting the ball well all day.

On the par 3 14th, the wind was from right to left, with water all down the left side. It was 176 yard hole and I had hit 7i earlier to another 178 yard hole.

I aimed right thinking the wind would push it to the pin and and hit a push. It was a solid shot, pin high but right. It rolled further right as the green was domed so I had about 20 yards to pitch onto the green. I hit what I thought was a great pitch but it landed on the downslope, and kicked across the green into the bunker fronting the water.

Hit out of the bunker just to the front edge and gloriously 3 putted from there for a triple and double par.

Shot 77 for the day and that hole took the wind out of my sails for sure.

Number 8 at my home course is a short par 4 with a small pond in front of the green.

I hit a good drive, but misjudged the wind and dunked one in the water. I then proceeded to chunk my next shot and put a second ball in the water. I took a second drop and hit my sixth shot on the green and two putted for my 8.

What makes this really bad it's I played this hole almost identically shot for shot the day before. I'm pretty sure I'll be flying the green the next time just to make sure I stay dry!

Today - Hole #3, playing 141 yds, par 3.
#1 - hozel, into desert right, Lost
#3 - hozel, into desert right, Lost
#5 - right rough
#6 - pitch onto green
#7-9 - Three putt.

Yesterday #11 on Bethpage Green, par 3

1. Tee shot push slice hit a tree and bounced back out.
2. Wedge chunked...haven't done that Ina while.
3. Wedge short into front sand trap
4. Sand wedge out of bunker onto green
5. Putt
6. Putt
7. Putt

Last nite, 133 yd par 3, took an 8, holy s4!t, lying 6 and still not on the green.

Hit a tree into bushes, could see it but not retrieve it, took a drop
Next shot hit the hill of the raised green, rolled all the way down into reeds, unplayable
Next shot hit the hill and rolled half way down, someone handed me a shot.

Wow, should have stayed at work.

148 yd par 3.

#1 Bunker off the tee.
#2 Over the green.
#3 Back into the previous bunker.
#4 On the green.
#5 10 foot putt.
#6 3 foot putt.
#7 Tap-in.

Easy 7.

Last edited:
This was the story of my last round. It was a long one. Example of my worst hole.

From the whites Par 4 428 yards.

Beautiful drive straight down the middle.
8 iron onto the green, not enough spin and rolls into the back bunker
Skull it out of the bunker across the green and into another bunker
Repeat the previous and now I'm in my original bunker
Another skull but I'm in the rough
Pitch it on and 2 putt.

A scorecard killer 8.

Yesterday, on an easy course where I shot a 38 last time no less, AND damn near the easiest hole - a 300 yard par 4 - I did this...

1) Topped a hybrid into the tiny cross creek.
2) Penalty
3) Topped a hybrid into the tiny cross creek.
4) Penalty
5) Beautiful 240 yard hybrid straight down the middle (WHY THE HELL COULDN'T I DO THAT THE FIRST TWO FREAKIN TIMES??)
6) Wussed out on the half wedge, rolled back off the front of the green.
7) Crappy chip, still had 12 feet.
8) Decent putt, but didn't go in.
9) In.

1115614.jpg

Last Saturday - Bethpage red - hole 3, par 3 - was playing about 170 yard.

Huge bunker on the lower left so I aimed for the right side. - pulled it into the bunker.

Proceeded to take 6 shots to get out of the bunker onto the green and 2 putted for a 9....ugh....

Shot 51 / 40 though. Need to work on my bunker game...

18th Par 3, 197 yards

1. Topped my 3H, 58yards.
2. Ball well above my feet and chunked my 8I left and short of the green.
3. Lost ball in leaves and didn't want to spend 5 minutes looking for it.
4. Hit my lob wedge 30' past the hole. By then I was just done mentally.
5. Putted to about 3'.
6. Sank my putt for a triple and called it a day.

The positive? At least I didn't three putt but what a way to end my round. 44 on the front and 50 on the back. Had I putted better on the front it would have been 41.

I got you beat..

1. duck hooked my drive into the woods, it hit a tree and went through the woods into the adjacent fairway.
2. saw an opening and tried to get it back into my fairway but had to keep the shot really low. Took out a five iron and hit an easy punch shot. Hit a tree and it ricocheted behind a sprinkler system pump.
3. went to the ball and it wasn't in a position to take a drop because it didn't interfere with my swing yet it completely blocked me from getting to my own fairway, and there wasn't any chance of doing that for another 60 yds. So I hit the ball back into the adjacent fairway, but duffed the shot.
4. still with no angle, I tried again but I had a better angle in the adjacent fairway. However the ground was very soft. No casual water. Not marked for ground under repair. Hit a fat 8 iron for 40 yds.
5. saw the opening about 90 yds ahead. Took out a gap wedge and shanked it back into the woods up against the trunk of a tree.
6. picked up my ball and quit the hole in frustration marking X8 on my scorecard. Dropped it in the middle of the fairway for practice.
7. hit a 8 iron 135 yds and left it short of the green
8. chipped on long leaving myself about a 40 ft putt
9. lagged to 8 feet - hit the ball julie. missed the second putt. almost missed the tap in.

I hadn't had a hole this bad since.... 1970.

10. ESC score for the hole = 8.

Straight away par 4 that measures 415, with a good drive you can catch a down slope & gain atleast 20+ yards.

1) Hit a perfect drive that left me about 85 yards on that down slope.
2) Left the club way open at impact and flared one into a bunker
3) Hit said bunker shot fat and left it in the bunker
4) Skulled the next bunker shot onto the next tee box about 60 yards over the green
5) Tried to hit high wedge up over trees that should never be in play, left it at the front of the green
6) Finally on the green about 20 feet away
7) Hit a good putt that just missed
8) Boom, snowman from the middle of the fairway after a 300+ Drive. Had a legit chance at breaking 80 until that point, I fell apart after that one.

I had another one on the previous round. Last hole Oak Creek Course, Temecula Creek 385 par 4:

1. Told myself not to hit the truck on the left side of the fairway which was using a wood chipper. Caught it thin (3W) and hit the truck using the woodchipper.
2. Set up for my 2H. Right as I was starting my downswing guy dumps a large branch in the woodchipper. Topped it again. I guess the guy didn't like me hitting his truck.
3. Hit my 2H decent but left under a tree, downhill lie.
4. Chunked my wedge shot.
6. Hit my wedge short into a trap.
7. Got out of the trap but 20' past the hole.
8. Putt misses long, about 6'.
9. Putt lips out.
10. Putt goes in.

Last edited:
Happened two days ago. 160 yard par 3. Pulled my tee shot left and wound up in the greenside bunker, pin high but right in front of the lip. Next shot I came down steep but too hard and shot it out of the bunker, but into the greenside bunker on the right side of the green. Almost the same exact lie too. This one I decel'd and didn't get out of the bunker. Fourth shot got me out, but just barely. Chipped onto the green and two putted for a quadruple bogey 7. Played the first two par 3's at even par, the last two at six over. Was that sort of day.

Last edited:
Wednesday. Closing hole par 4, playing 412 yds.
1-2 OB
3-4 OB
5 - Right fairway
6 - 7 iron push
7 - fantastic pitch over a bunker to the edge of the green, where the ball rolled, and rolled, and rolled.
8-10- putts.

GHIN to 7. I felt fortunate.

Hole 8, a par 3 about 170.

1. Tee shot crosses the pond but drops back in.
2. Drop on tee side of the pond.
3. Hit into the greenside trap.
4. Nothing but ball, hit the ball into 16 fairway about 50 yards from the pin.
5. Hit a horrible shot that somehow found the green, about 15 feet.
6. Putt left short about a foot.
7. made the putt.

Par 4 -

1. Hit a fantastic drive. Middle of the fairway, left myself around 115 to the pin.
2. Pin was in the back, near the edge of the green...didn't take that in to account and hit it about 115...which hopped off of the back.
3. DUFFED the chip.
4. DUFFED!!! the chip.
5. Chipped on about 10 feet past.
6. Missed the putt
7. In

I was within 5 yards after 2 shots and carded a 7...so...golf is hard. And I need to work on chipping.

Today

Playing in the State Senior Tourney, 36 holes, playing in Super Senior division, I was a late entry so I get paired with 2 senior players, so I hit from super senior tees, they hit from senior tees (blues vs whites)

Played early Monday, I am leading, but there was a long rain delay yesterday afternoon. The late afternoon tee times finish early today but to keep things going, the committee does not re-pair the groups, so I am still with these 2 senior players and we are hitting from separate tees, pain both days.

So, we Get talking to each other on 11 at Longvue in Pittsburgh, waiting for the group in front to clear, those 2 hit and I hit ...whoops, 2 stroke penalty since I hit from the wrong tee box. I hit from the super senior tees, double the hole and lose the PA State Super Seniors by 1....and I can't sleep but thanks for listening.

Today. 3rd hole, 167yd par 3.
#1 -Tee ball hits rake, ball goes into desert, #2 - penalty - unplayable. drop.
#3 - chip rolls thru green.
#4 - hybrid putt, into bunker.
#5 - out of bunker.
#6-7 - two putts.

Eff double par. This one is triple par.

Par three, hole #8 about 160 downhill.

1. Six iron in the pond
2. drop at water
3. PW bladed into sand trap in front of the green.
4. Missed the ball, the sand moved the ball down to the bottom of the trap.
5. Left the ball in the trap
6. Got all ball and overshot the green.
7. 8 iron chip past the hole about 10 feet, right to the fringe but on the green
8. Left it a roll short
9. In the hole.

Back