The Worst has Happened.........

That really sux...something doesn't seem right that they wouldn't be covered under either policy

Lowlifes can all go to hell.

Insurance is such a scam too, what a joke that neither cover it.

I am really sorry to hear about this, I had mine stolen out of my truck at Wal-mart several years ago when I ran in to buy balls on the way to the course...came out 15 minutes later to find my window broken and clubs gone!

Homeowner's Insurance did cover them though.

If your insurance doesn't cover them and you feel like you are going to miss the season because of it, give me a shout.....I have a spare set of irons (Altitudes) a Bridgestone Driver, 2 Hybrid and lob wedge that I would be happy to send you to get you by......it's not as good as what you had but it will get you on the course.

Just let me know and I will box em up and send them your way.

I got a set of irons and a putter I could send your way if you need to use them. Send me a PM if you want them.

The true meaning of THP.

Bummer about the loss.

Because of issues like this with insurance, I have a separate policy on my camera gear that covers it any time, any place. Since it's worth about $6000, I don't want to be paranoid about traveling with it. I got the policy last year before we went to Africa, just in case. However, it sounds like it's really more at risk right here near home.

Thieves suck azz. Man, I really hate em:angry:

Sorry to hear, man. Hopefully something can be worked out with the insurances.

Man hate seeing this. One of the worst feelings having your property violated like that. Best of luck in getting them replaced or recovered. Hope whoever did it gets found.

Sorry to hear about this.

Crossing my fingers that insurance covers this for you.

That sucks. Hope they can find who did this.

That is awful.. Hoping insurance covers this for you.

If you are left handed, I have some clubs I can send you.

That is miserable man I hope that you get some resolution and quick. I have a Jeep also and always nervous when my clubs are in there even if for a minute.

What would be SO cool is if someone on THP that had some extra sets of clubs around the house would "loan" you some to help, or sell you a set for far less than the deductible. That would be cool!

sorry man! glad to see THPers jumping in to help though!

FWIW I had a buddy get his car stolen from work, they found the car minus all his golf gear and other sports stuff in the trunk and his car insurance covered it. I know each case is different but I wouldn't back down after one "no" from your insurance company.

That's why I cal my insurance company and ask about stuff like that. It only takes a few minutes and usually costs a few bucks to add on coverage but I know what my stuff is covered.
Then I get this with Golf Canada membership too:
When you suffer a loss of your golf equipment, lost, stolen or damaged, your membership provides you with the funds to keep on playing.
If you make a claim against your home insurance for the loss, your deductible will be covered to a maximum of $2500.
Should you prefer to not make a claim for the loss of your equipment you will be will reimbursed for part or all of the replacement cost. A deductible of $75 applies.

Had an incident when using a golf cart? If you are charged for damage by the golf facility for accidental damage on the course, we will reimburse you for paying the course, up to $2,500.

It is sad that people have to steal like that but there are ways to protect yourself from the results.

dam that sucks man. I hope the insurance covers it. I also see some THPrs offering up some clubs. I doubt your season is gone.

Hoping insurance covers this for you but if it doesn't, let me know, I have a bunch of extra drivers and would be happy to send you one no charge.

Sorry to hear that, rather disturbing to know insurance doesn't necessarily cover your equipment.

Try callin the the club company and tell em your story. Couldnt hurt

Ugh that's such a bummer!! I'm so sorry this happened

Have there been any other robberies from cars at your company?

Ditto on the recomendation to check pawn shops, I would call or visit every one in your area and give them a flyer with the club info in them. Also check ebay and craigslist. Sounds like some folks here are going to help you salvage the season. Frikken theives.

Well, I was quickly reminded why THP freaking rocks. Got a set put together to get my through the season. I am eternally grateful.

There are no pawn shops within 50 miles of my hometown. I filed a police report, have been avidly checking Craigslist (which if it gets listed, I will buy it and have some words with the guy), and will be keeping my eyes on the bay.

No other robberies have happened in the area, and I had my clubs covered in my jeep. Someone knew they were there and took them. Pretty sketchy. I live/work in a very small community. I know everyone. So I don't know if it was an out of towner or what.

Again, thanks for everyone offering clubs up to me. You guys are fantastic. Excited to get out on the course!

I filed a police report, have been avidly checking Craigslist (which if it gets listed, I will buy it and have some words with the guy)
Please, do NOT do that. Arrange a buy and call the police to let them know the crook will be at "Point X" at "Time Y". You may not get your clubs back immediately (they're evidence) but you'll get them back sooner rather than later. Don't confront someone though ... if they're sick enough to commit one crime, it's safe to assume (IMNSHO) they're sick enough to commit another (like assault).

Back