Matrix Program F15 Shaft Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Fantastic review James. It's awesome to see the flood of graphite options that are now available in irons. Once they were only available in limited supply and usually an upcharge. Now it seems almost every OEM has a graphite offering as stock shaft. With so many options, reviews like this and others really help us key in on what might work for us. Thanks.

Fantastic review James! Now that I have gone to graphite in my irons, I would definitely love to give these a go one of these days.

Great review James....on top of the awesome looks of these I love hearing they are closer to "higher" than "mid" launching

I really want to try out some of these graphite shafts. Seems that they are making huge jumps

Nice review for sure Jman. Man is the world of graphite continuing to evolve or what!

JM

Love that they have some .355 options. These will certainly be on the short list with my next set of irons/wedges.

Really good review here James. These are insanely good looking shafts and I really like the idea of mid-mid as a general baseline. They also did a really good job of covering the weight spectrum where they could fit a variety of golfers presence. Love seeing more graphite options becoming available in irons, I'm really enjoying mine at this time.

Great review Jman, these shafts have interested me since I saw a thread on these coming soon. I would have never thought I would be looking at graphite shafts but as of late they are not accepted and a high quality product

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great job again. Love seeing the options grow got solid graphite shafts. Being as good or better than steel with some added ease on te joints is what has me leaning towards graphite in the near future

Thank you all for taking the time to read the homepage! It means more than any of you will ever really know.

These were fun to review, and I can be 100% honest in that I am going to leave them in the XRP's for the foreseeable future unless another shaft review arises. Just a really good setup for me ball-flight wise and the little extra heft from my 680's was surprisingly a pleasant welcome for me. I would really like to hit the 120's though for a variety of fit reasons, but the 95's are fun as can be right now. Plus....that engraving...it calls to me for some reason.

Solid review James. you've played the Recoils and now these, how would you say the compare or differ? mainly interested in the feel and over all weight.

Great review Jman, have you ever reviewed Aerotechs and could you compare them if so. (too lazy to search it out)

That was an awesome review James. Never mind the fact it had a ton of photos of some awesome shafts, but the detail in the write up was solid.

If there was something you could change about it to improve on them, does anything come to mind?

Solid review James. you've played the Recoils and now these, how would you say the compare or differ? mainly interested in the feel and over all weight.

Its going to be majorly personal honestly, SO many shafts (recoil/aerotech) are all about playing like steel but with graphite benefits, these though play more like graphite with graphite benefits if that makes sense. More active IMO and because of that they feel tremendous through impact. My ball flight is similar to what I got with my 680's, but the feel is much improved. I also think they are a bit better balanced weight wise for what I want, but I would venture the Recoil 95's would feel similar, but launch a little lower.

Great review Jman, have you ever reviewed Aerotechs and could you compare them if so. (too lazy to search it out)

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better feeling. What I mean by that, the Aero's to me feel just like steel, I don't get the feely-goody sensation their supporters do, its personal absolutely, but its me being honest that I've always found the aeros a bit harsh. Aeros will launch lower and spin less too.

That was an awesome review James. Never mind the fact it had a ton of photos of some awesome shafts, but the detail in the write up was solid.

If there was something you could change about it to improve on them, does anything come to mind?

Design wise, not really, other than maybe not classifying them as mid launch because I'm just not seeing mid. Personally, I would like the next weight up, but thats a curiosity killed the cat thing. These are going to stay in the bag.

Nice review James

Having recently moved to a heavier shaft and finding it seems to work better for me, I am very curious as to how a heavier graphite shaft might feel in comparison. I haven't hit a graphite shafted iron for a long time but eventually the years will catch up with me and it will become the way to go, so the more graphite options we all have can only be a bonus in my eyes

Nice review James

Having recently moved to a heavier shaft and finding it seems to work better for me, I am very curious as to how a heavier graphite shaft might feel in comparison. I haven't hit a graphite shafted iron for a long time but eventually the years will catch up with me and it will become the way to go, so the more graphite options we all have can only be a bonus in my eyes

Thanks dude. Honestly, I was always a heavier weight guy too, and by fitting I've always been pointed that way, but I've enjoyed the lighter weights more now that I've gotten through my stubborn skull that with the right swing weight then they feel just as solid/sturdy/etc to me.

I say find a way to hit em all, then see what sorts out. One thing is for sure though, the tech we are seeing is pretty damn awesome!

Thanks dude. Honestly, I was always a heavier weight guy too, and by fitting I've always been pointed that way, but I've enjoyed the lighter weights more now that I've gotten through my stubborn skull that with the right swing weight then they feel just as solid/sturdy/etc to me.

I say find a way to hit em all, then see what sorts out. One thing is for sure though, the tech we are seeing is pretty damn awesome!

Like anything in golf really, you gotta try them to find out what works - Maybe it is a mental thing for me with the heavier weight, but I won't dismiss them until I try them

It's no secret the Program Qs work for my game. You'll likely have to pry graphite shafts from my irons in the future and love seeing more options being made available. Well reviewed James!

It's no secret the Program Qs work for my game. You'll likely have to pry graphite shafts from my irons in the future and love seeing more options being made available. Well reviewed James!

I need to come to Ohio and we can compare Programs....

Wait, thats awkward...

I enjoyed to read Jman. Though I switched to steel a number of years ago, it's nice to see that graphite has finally come around to where it is. You mentioned my main concern with graphite, ball flight. As a guy who hits an mid to sometimes higher trajectory ball, it's nice to be able to bring it down some with steel shafts. Though it didn't seem like you were concerned with that from your testing. Do you see yourself sticking with graphite (like these) moving forward, or back to steel?

I enjoyed to read Jman. Though I switched to steel a number of years ago, it's nice to see that graphite has finally come around to where it is. You mentioned my main concern with graphite, ball flight. As a guy who hits an mid to sometimes higher trajectory ball, it's nice to be able to bring it down some with steel shafts. Though it didn't seem like you were concerned with that from your testing. Do you see yourself sticking with graphite (like these) moving forward, or back to steel?

I'm going to run with these for a good while, at least until another testing pushes me away. Prior to this review, the plans were to move DG Pro's into these XRP, but I just don't see ti happening, too many things I like out of the Programs right now.

These sound awesome. Great review James. I've been majorly thinking about graphite after hitting some RIP's in a set of AP1s the other day and liking it quite a bit.

Got a chance to go back and re-read this one and it was really well done. Tons of great info.

Back