Scramble Golf Tournament Queston

sabig27

Reaction score
Handicap
If I play in a charity scramble tournament (not best ball), do I have to post that score onto GHIN? My guess is no since it is played outside the rules of golf. Thanks in advance

Definitely shouldn't post it if it is played outside of the rules

No you wouldn't post that in your GHIN because you wouldn't be playing the results of your own shot all of the time.

If I play in a charity scramble tournament (not best ball), do I have to post that score onto GHIN? My guess is no since it is played outside the rules of golf. Thanks in advance

Not your game...........combo of 4.............no can do!

Sweet, thanks guys for the answers. I was told two different things and just wanted to clarify. Thanks again.

I'm playing in a 4-person scramble in a couple weeks and one of my playing partners is a woman(my wife). I assume she gets to tee off from the ladies tees. My question is there are some holes where the par is different for the ladies. There is a par 4 for men that is a 5 for the ladies and even one par 4 for men that is a par 3 for the ladies. How does this work?

Sweet, thanks guys for the answers. I was told two different things and just wanted to clarify. Thanks again.

Somebody probably confused a scramble with best ball. In a scramble, you are not always playing your own shot. People regularly shoot in the low 60s to high 50s in a scramble. That would certainly have a huge impact on your handicap.

I'm playing in a 4-person scramble in a couple weeks and one of my playing partners is a woman(my wife). I assume she gets to tee off from the ladies tees. My question is there are some holes where the par is different for the ladies. There is a par 4 for men that is a 5 for the ladies and even one par 4 for men that is a par 3 for the ladies. How does this work?

I do not think so.

Mens par....if there is no handicap involved it does not matter anyway just add up the scores low wins

I don't know for sure Andy, but I would assume par for the hole would be the par for the men's tees, even tho she gets to tee off from the women's.

Some guys in a scramble I played in last week would have some pretty interesting handicaps if they had to post the gross 49 they turned in. I'm not saying that 23 under in 40 degree weather with wind and rain is impossible, but with a team handicap of 7 . . . well yes, I am.

Back