Do Dress Codes bother you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I often hit 2 or 3 approach shots on each hole when I'm playing evening rounds with my 9 year old daughter. Our average round takes about 70 minutes.

I do this all the time. And I have no problem staying behind someone who does as long as they keep pace or let me play through.
OK with everything there are always gonna be exceptions to rules, would you play 2 balls when your playing in a foursome or in front of another group? This isnt about how fast anyone can play since I'm sure we could probably all throw down 2 balls and play them quickly but NONE of us would ever do it (at least I hope not) to the inconvenience of others.

Alright jeans people I have something to add...

I have tattoos. I know A LOT of older generation people and a decent amount of current generation people (the types that frequent country clubs especially) do not approve of it. And I know some if not most will pass judgements on me because of it too..

But guess what, I don't take it personally. Because that was my choice and I know the consequences of having tattoos in certain areas of life. And I can't just put on a polo and slacks to change that image either.

You just have to realize that having jeans on at a golf course brings about certain stigmas. And to be honest...get over it. You make the choice to do so, so either own it or change. I don't care what people initially think if they see I have tattoos, and you shouldn't care what people think of you in jeans if the course allows it and that's what you want to wear. If you are so worried about people thinking less of you, don't wear jeans and a tshirt. That is such a simple thing to do, so to want everyone to accept your personal choices or else you are offended is quite silly to me.

Alright jeans people I have something to add...

I have tattoos. I know A LOT of older generation people and a decent amount of current generation people (the types that frequent country clubs especially) do not approve of it. And I know some if not most will pass judgements on me because of it too..

But guess what, I don't take it personally. Because that was my choice and I know the consequences of having tattoos in certain areas of life. And I can't just put on a polo and slacks to change that image either.

You just have to realize that having jeans on at a golf course brings about certain stigmas. And to be honest...get over it. You make the choice to do so, so either own it or change. I don't care what people initially think if they see I have tattoos, and you shouldn't care what people think of you in jeans if the course allows it and that's what you want to wear. If you are so worried about people thinking less of you, don't wear jeans and a tshirt. That is such a simple thing to do, so to want everyone to accept your personal choices or else you are offended is quite silly to me.
Great great post .

The only person that needs to be comfortable with you is you.

Wear what you want where it's allowed. My course is extremely casual, jeans are not uncommon. Hasn't caused any issues I'm aware of.
If the course has a code, I dress to it or don't play there. Problem solved.

There's a difference between someone in jeans and a tee vs cutoffs and an undershirt, but that's on me. If it's allowed at the course, won't bug me.
Frankly, there's a lot of impeccably dressed folks screaming "Mashed potatoes" every weekend on tv. Clothes do effect how you're perceived by others, that's just how we are. Actions speak louder to me, though. Fix your divots, show decent etiquette, I don't much care what you wear.

"Frankly, there's a lot of impeccably dressed folks screaming "Mashed potatoes" every weekend on tv."

Which is why marshals should be issued
tasers.

I once negotiated a $5 an hour clothing allowance into a contract because the job required me to wear a tie. I didn't even own a button down shirt, much less a tie, so I totally understand how someone may not own some article of clothing that I think is everyday wear.

$200/week for clothes based on a 40 hour work week?!?!?
That's awesome!
Are they hiring?

Read this quote and tell me how it looks:

Nothing out of context.

hahahaha,... so my opinion that all mushrooms should be removed from this planet because they are a fungus and/or disgusting means I look down on mushroom eaters?

Come on, man. Let's get real here. Your quote of mine has NOTHING to do with the people that wear jeans. It has to do with what I BELIEVE belongs on a golf course.

hahahaha,... so my opinion that all mushrooms should be removed from this planet because they are a fungus and/or disgusting means I look down on mushroom eaters?

Come on, man. Let's get real here. Your quote of mine has NOTHING to do with the people that wear jeans. It has to do with what I BELIEVER belongs on a golf course.

I honestly just read that as Belieber. I certainly could see you as a Belieber...worse than jeans on a golf course :alien:

To the jean wearing crowd, at what temp do you ditch them for shorts? I couldn't imagine playing in jeans in temps over 50. But then again, I am in shorts nearly year round. Before I bought a golf polo I played in a cotton polo. I was dying half way through the round. One thing I hadn't see mentioned was the cooling/wicking and comfort of golf specific clothing. Sooo much better than cotton.

$200/week for clothes based on a 40 hour work week?!?!?
That's awesome!
Are they hiring?

A six week gig turned into an 11 month project. The boss was an avid golfer to boot so it was an enjoyable assignment.

Unfortunately that client now outsources their IT contract work.

For someone who doesn't want to be judged, ALOT of judgements are being made about this who disagree with him

No jeans should be on a golf course.
Collared shirts should be worn on a golf course.

I STRONGLY support a dress code. It makes perfect sense to me.

Only bumping this to play devils advocate here Dan. This may be the post that has those who wear jeans on a course a little fired up. Chances are they saw the topic, read the first couple posts and skimmed all the way to the end to voice their opinions. This post MIGHT come off as a little strong towards some. Again, not trying to start a debate with you on this topic because in a way I agree with you. But this post doesn't come off as "you can wear jeans if the club allows it"

A six week gig turned into an 11 month project. The boss was an avid golfer to boot so it was an enjoyable assignment.

Unfortunately that client now outsources their IT contract work.

11 MONTHS?!?!?!
#TiffanyFreakingCufflinks!

Congrats on the gig!

Do we have to wear pants this week in the Ohio gathering?...

Asking for a friend (TPluff)

Only bumping this to play devils advocate here Dan. This may be the post that has those who wear jeans on a course a little fired up. Chances are they saw the topic, read the first couple posts and skimmed all the way to the end to voice their opinions. This post MIGHT come off as a little strong towards some. Again, not trying to start a debate with you on this topic because in a way I agree with you. But this post doesn't come off as "you can wear jeans if the club allows it"

haha you didn't need to, fourputt already bumped it for me. My response is above.

Edit: Also, I'm just an avid golfer from the midwest.. since when did my opinion become the absolute? hahahaha

Come on, man. Let's get real here. Your quote of mine has NOTHING to do with the people that wear jeans. It has to do with what I BELIEVE belongs on a golf course.

Wait a minute, you hate mushrooms??? That changes things

To the jean wearing crowd, at what temp do you ditch them for shorts?
I couldn't imagine playing in jeans in temps over 50. But then again, I am in shorts nearly year round. Before I bought a golf polo I played in a cotton polo. I was dying half way through the round. One thing I hadn't see mentioned was the cooling/wicking and comfort of golf specific clothing. Sooo much better than cotton.

They don't. They just cut off the legs. ;-)

Kick my ball into divots?! How dare you sir. The rules of golf will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and FUUUUURIOUS anger!

But I promise I will wear a collared shirt & perfectly tailored shorts with a belt that matches my hat while I do it.

haha you didn't need to, fourputt already bumped it for me. My response is above.

Edit: Also, I'm just an avid golfer from the midwest.. since when did my opinion become the absolute? hahahaha

Sorry I must have missed that while ducking all the flying bullets

I don't care what people wear. It doesn't look good for cut-off jeans all frayed, and dirty tank top.

Jeans and ( factory short jeans), are ok.

When we go to a course with dress code, we wear the proper attire, and blend in as good as the members.

What bothers me is the ones that go to a casual course, and dress in dockers and a nice shirt. Then, they try to look down on everyone else.

This happened to us one time. The so-called upper class guys were throwing cigarette butts, and 2" long cigar stubs all over the course.

The greens keeper came around lookIng for someone wearing cowboy boots. They were leaving heel prints on the greens and in the bunkers.

Bingo!!! It was one of the best dressed group.

I have also played with biker types, clean jeans, nice shirt, and real golf shoes.

They were some of the nicest people with the best manners.

To me it's the person inside the clothes.

Jack

Do we have to wear pants this week in the Ohio gathering?...

Asking for a friend (TPluff)

Pants? No. Well...have something on your legs. But I don't think denim is allowed and I believe you also need a collared shirt. Not even making a joke about that, I believe that course has a dress code...whoops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back