The 2015 Grandaddy - Chance Of A Lifetime

I'm piggy backing on this. Last year I believe it was Harry that asked the board what we were going to do to prepare mentally, how facing a must make 4 footer with your partner watching is different. I put myself to the test in my own way (and came up short). I don't think people should overlook this part of the event. What did prior participants do to prep mentally? Did it work? What would you do differently?

I thought about this a little bit.
I had a round in Ohio with A couple teammates and a DreamTeamer, and I was absolute garbage, I've been practicing, working, and really think I had the recipe to play well.
Then the pressure of proving my work was simply a roadblock to me showing off the work I put in.

Kevin suggested a book to read, and reading that a couple times, and recalling the lessons of that book (your 15th club) helped me keep focus, not to panic, and handle successes that I did have on the course. It gave me a pregame mindset going into the round, and reading and adhering to teachings of the book really seemed to help.

I appreciate you saying this Jman. I understand that winning and having fun aren't mutually exclusive, but sometimes it is hard to understand where that balance is found for THP events in general, but especially this one where we are guests.

Never said that dude, this is going to be a B-L-A-S-T, my point is, there have been murmurs of a defeatist attitude at times already for this year, sort of like "we can't win but I still want to go". My point is, we will embrace the event, soak in the fun, enjoy the hell out of the #ZooCrew because believe me having been around them they are a blast, but we also want to win.

The mental side of your golf game has to be just as "on" as you swing. You'll be in situations where you feel like you're done, trust me, I was there. You can't let yourself get into that state of mind. You have to trust that the next hole will be better, plus, you don't know when the other guy will get some bad luck, or make a mistake. You need to be ready to make a shot and capitalize on that!

On the last day, playing against D-Nev...I was getting a lot (A LOT) of bad breaks, and was down by as much a 4 at one point....but not ONCE did I give up and let myself get down. I fought HARD, even when we got down to the last few holes and we found out that it was done and in the bag for the ZooCrew, I STILL wanted to win...for me, and for THP. D-Nev ended up making a HUGE save on 17 (our 18th) to win 1 up...but I never, NEVER gave up!

... sort of like "we can't win but I still want to go".
You know what the best part of a team event is? Celebrating the victory with your mates. Nothing else compares.

I think there is enough talent and enough great people on here to win. Granted you are playing against a golf company so THP will be the underdog but hey come out swinging and you might just get the KO.

Thankfully I haven't seen the defeatist attitude in my lurking and personally I hope that those thoughts from folks would fly the coop. I'm one that believes if you put in the time and effort, anything can happen. I went to #TheKing wanting to enjoy the time out there, but also to come home with a victory. For me there's no fine line... You always enjoy the opportunity, but you focus on whatever the goal is....in this case....bringing home the belt. #TeamRedemption #EyesOnThePrize

Never said that dude, this is going to be a B-L-A-S-T, my point is, there have been murmurs of a defeatist attitude at times already for this year, sort of like "we can't win but I still want to go". My point is, we will embrace the event, soak in the fun, enjoy the hell out of the #ZooCrew because believe me having been around them they are a blast, but we also want to win.

There is simply one rule of the grandaddy leadup and contests and Harry and I agree on it wholeheartedly.

Don't be a dick. That's it.

There is simply one rule of the grandaddy leadup and contests and Harry and I agree on it wholeheartedly.

Rule, numero, uno.

Question for Harry, the next time he comes into the thread:

How does your side go about picking your team?

This should be a general life rule IMO haha

I sure am glad you guys made an exception for me. I couldn't help it! :alien:

Something that I have been working on since my last Morgan Cup appearance is my mental game, mostly my attitude in general. I played the best golf of my life that week and I have come to the realization that I owe that to Buckjob! Buck had been reading alot of Bob Rotella at that time and he did his magic on me and made me believe in myself and my game and even though I didn't win a single point (ran into a buzz saw) my game was elevated to a level that I havent seen since.

That's why I started reading Bob Rotella's book "The Golfer's Mind" a few weeks ago, it's already started to make a difference in my approach to different shots and I can see direct results in my last few scores.

I know what the pressure of competition feels like, and I am working hard to be ready to bring the title back to THP!

Something that I have been working on since my last Morgan Cup appearance is my mental game, mostly my attitude in general. I played the best golf of my life that week and I have come to the realization that I owe that to Buckjob! Buck had been reading alot of Bob Rotella at that time and he did his magic on me and made me believe in myself and my game and even though I didn't win a single point (ran into a buzz saw) my game was elevated to a level that I havent seen since.

That's why I started reading Bob Rotella's book "The Golfer's Mind" a few weeks ago, it's already started to make a difference in my approach to different shots and I can see direct results in my last few scores.

I know what the pressure of competition feels like, and I am working hard to be ready to bring the title back to THP!

Love his thoughts on the mental game Tim. Listened to it on CD to from the golf course, great stuff. I think my mental game is the best part of my game to be honest. I try not to let anything really bother because at the end of the day i out there to have fun and can only control so much. Thats not to say I dont care I just use my energy and focus on other things besides anger as some poeple turn to as instinct.

I actually had a conversation with a few of the #ZooCrew while at #TheKing. They didn't seem to have an actual process in place. It's actually tough because they have a lot of folks that want to play and of course limited spots. They talked about how they had their fingers crossed that they would make it in. It'd be interesting to see if Harry expands on the selection process for them though.

I actually had a conversation with a few of the #ZooCrew while at #TheKing. They didn't seem to have an actual process in place. It's actually tough because they have a lot of folks that want to play and of course limited spots. They talked about how they had their fingers crossed that they would make it in. It'd be interesting to see if Harry expands on the selection process for them though.

This tracks the conversations I had too. Essentially, they have to take turns because they are all just as excited as we are to play in these events. Which is really cool.

Bribery, I would imagine. Goes a long way?

Love all the talk on this. This event is just so darn special and such an incredible thing. I really hope I can be a part of it, and I'm working on me to be sure I'm ready if it happens. I know regardless it's going to be a hell of a ride for those involved and I want badly to see that belt come to THP.

I imagine it has to come down to bribery and stroking his ego.

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. But it rocks absolutely, too.

Harry knows what I'm talkin' about.

I imagine it has to come down to bribery and stroking his ego.

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. But it rocks absolutely, too.

Harry knows what I'm talkin' about.

Have you been sneaking into my World History classes?

Have you been sneaking into my World History classes?

If only every class was like 11th grade US History...

Back