Odyssey Putters Thread

I said it on Twitter, but if this shape (6M) isn't included in every line going forward then Odyssey is crazy IMO. You talk about screaming classy and with TREMENDOUS lines behind the golf ball. I don't mean it in a bad way, but I really can't believe its an Odyssey from an aesthetic/design standpoint.

20150519_141742_zps9qyqmpoi.jpg

20150519_141816_zpsugpfsi5j.jpg

20150519_141858_zpsijkeqto9.jpg

20150519_141929_zpswhz1ilhr.jpg

20150519_141959_zps1mvgszri.jpg

20150519_141830_zpslmnvxge8.jpg

I said it on Twitter, but if this shape (6M) isn't included in every line going forward then Odyssey is crazy IMO. You talk about screaming classy and with TREMENDOUS lines behind the golf ball. I don't mean it in a bad way, but I really can't believe its an Odyssey from an aesthetic/design standpoint.

20150519_141742_zps9qyqmpoi.jpg

20150519_141816_zpsugpfsi5j.jpg

20150519_141858_zpsijkeqto9.jpg

20150519_141929_zpswhz1ilhr.jpg

20150519_141959_zps1mvgszri.jpg

20150519_141830_zpslmnvxge8.jpg

the last one I got that excited about was the Black Series Tour Design. That just didn't look like an Odyssey at all and if you are saying the same for this one that is very interesting.

Odyssey Putters Thread

I actually play it around 34", so choking up 1" is much preferred to choking up 4".

Why not choke down? It's what I did with my 330M TC & the counterbalance really helped to smooth out the swing.

Why not choke down? It's what I did with my 340M TC & the counterbalance really helped to smooth out the swing.

I'm a big fan of this. Its why, IMO, the Cruiser line at 38" would have been and should have been LETHAL for a lot of people had they tried it before just going 35".

Why not choke down? It's what I did with my 330M TC & the counterbalance really helped to smooth out the swing.
That's just crazy talk...

This might be for another thread, but I'm assuming going 38" forces a more upright stance? I've tried that to a degree with my 35" cruiser and it seems I'm fighting my body more than when I bend more and choke up. Maybe its just bad habits that need to be broken, but it really didn't help my putting.

That putter is absolutely beautiful, James. Wasn't really a fan initially of it, but the more I look at the in hand pictures, the more I like it.

This might be for another thread, but I'm assuming going 38" forces a more upright stance? I've tried that to a degree with my 35" cruiser and it seems I'm fighting my body more than when I bend more and choke up. Maybe its just bad habits that need to be broken, but it really didn't help my putting.

It shouldn't unless you REALLY crouch over the ball a ton.

Or, are Wardy-Size. :alien:

Nope. Just choke down to 34" and putt like normal. The 4" above your hands will counter balance the weight of the putter head

That putter is absolutely beautiful, James. Wasn't really a fan initially of it, but the more I look at the in hand pictures, the more I like it.

Worth every single penny too IMO. Which I can't believe I'm saying as its what hung me up a LOT initially.

It shouldn't unless you REALLY crouch over the ball a ton.

Or, are Wardy-Size. :alien:
I don't think either are the case but I may be wrong. I really could benefit from a putter fitting as I've just been guessing up until now but don't know who to go to locally.

Worth every single penny too IMO. Which I can't believe I'm saying as its what hung me up a LOT initially.

Someday I will have that #5....someday. Maybe I can get lucky enough to get in #TheGranddady and they'll let me have one haha

That #6M is gorgeous. Wasn't planning on buying a putter this year, but I might just have to look into that one.

I don't think either are the case but I may be wrong. I really could benefit from a putter fitting as I've just been guessing up until now but don't know who to go to locally.

Well, are pleats taking over your life? If not, you're ok. :alien: He's going to hate me.

For putters, the key is getting fit to length and lie IMO. Stroke type is vastly overthought (again, IMO), but length and lie mean a good posture and having the putter soled correctly every single time. I'm amazed every time I golf at how many people putt with that toe way the hell up there...I used to be one of them.

It didn't force me upright at all. I tend to be a "croucher" & really the 38" forced me to a normal position & improved my putting almost immediately.

We are all different & if you get a chance try it next time you are in a golf shop

Well, are pleats taking over your life? If not, you're ok. :alien: He's going to hate me.

For putters, the key is getting fit to length and lie IMO. Stroke type is vastly overthought (again, IMO), but length and lie mean a good posture and having the putter soled correctly every single time. I'm amazed every time I golf at how many people putt with that toe way the hell up there...I used to be one of them.

I agree very strongly to the bold parts of your comment.

A toe-hang pic as requested. Nearly face-balanced.

20150519_152621_zps153vlxhp.jpg

Thanks! Although, now I think I'm going to be spending more money.

I find it amusing that this is in what looks like your classroom. haha

I find it amusing that this is in what looks like your classroom. haha

LOL! It is. Got rained in from the course, sitting here watching netflix and letting the family spend the full day with Lotte.

cf72654b6e44b3c2b1291f1d26a79aa7.jpg

So clean and good looking. Only thing that drives me nuts is that its not symmetrical. Or at least doesn't look like it from the pictures.

Its not, just like the 9 and 330m, its a weighting for a specific balance thing.

I've always loved the look.

Its not, just like the 9 and 330m, its a weighting for a specific balance thing.

I've always loved the look.

Looks similar to a #9, just with a plumber's neck. Really like it.

Back