Where is your dream retirement state/city?

Where is your dream retirement state/city?

I am currently in my vacation and retirement town. Great golf courses, restaurants, entertainment and people watching Mecca of the world. I have years before I can think about retiring but at least where I am I already feel retired. Viva Las Vegas!

Hawaii. Anywhere over there will do.

Would love it to be Hawaii, but will settle for North Carolina.

Northern WI is a great place to retire, or live, if you're independently wealthy ( not much for jobs). Other than that I would love to go back to Panama, provided they had a stable government, of course.

I have often thought of retiring in the Caribbean somewhere

Northern WI is a great place to retire, or live, if you're independently wealthy ( not much for jobs). Other than that I would love to go back to Panama, provided they had a stable government, of course.

Is Panama pretty cheap to live at? I have heard some good things for expats

Always see myself moving back to Auburn, AL to retire. I'm totally going to be the old dude at every sporting event.

RTJ courses there.. plus easy drive to plenty of other RTJ courses. Not sure how well the other public courses are doing in the area these days, but there are also three private clubs.

The RTJ courses are really nice. Just played the Judge

Is Panama pretty cheap to live at? I have heard some good things for expats

I have as well. A couple years ago I inquired about a place in Boguete for $1000 a month with all inclusive golf.

San Diego, CA followed by Myrtle Beach, SC

Florida coast, exact location TBD, though we kind of dream about Palm Beach or Naples (someone at last years B/Stone described Naples as a West coast of Florida version of Palm Beach; others have described the west side as more Midwestern, which seems more our style; Naples appears to have tons of great golf).

For those mentioning Oregon, Bandon is so small I'd go stir crazy and although Bend is really incredible I am done with the weather.

Last edited:
Im currently living in my retirement condo lol. I bought it when the market was at the bottom 3 years ago. The wife and I are looking at homes now. We will rent it out once we buy our house.

But eventually we both feel we will end right back here once our chikdren are grown and out the house.

It's funny when I mention to my California neighbors that I'm retiring in Naples Florida how crazy they think I am. None of them have ever spent any time on the west coast of Florida, but that can't imagine anyone would want to leave California for Florida. Most of them think coastal California is the utopian retirement spot.
Well it is on the cover of the People's Republic of California travel brochure... :alien: I could have retired a couple of years ago but my wife still has a few years to go. Don't get me wrong, Cali has alot to offer but the taxes are killer.

Victoria, BC seems nice. The weather is fairly mild considering the location and there are several golf courses. The population seems to only consist of coeds... uh, I mean college students or retirees. But what is with the silly 45 KPH max speed limit?

I have often thought of retiring in the Caribbean somewhere
The only downside to retiring outside of the U.S. is healthcare or to be more specific the lack of quality healthcare.

Condo on Lake Shore Dr. Chicago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have as well. A couple years ago I inquired about a place in Boguete for $1000 a month with all inclusive golf.

That sounds pretty amazing!

Back