Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind Wedges Preview

They made it today. Can't wait to run them thru the paces.
d560e6f0b2453cad18e57d7ab588c253.jpg

Nice additions, love the green to these. Love the read your feedback on these beauties

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got the email that my 60 degree arrived today, stuck at work until 9, but at least it will be there when I get home.

For the guys that have gotten theirs already. Any chance we can get a picture of the wedge at address with a ball? As if you were set up to hit a full shot? I'm curious as to what that leading edge looks like when there is a ball there.

Nice additions, love the green to these. Love the read your feedback on these beauties

Gonna try to get to course tonight. Will try to get something up later tonight.

Gonna try to get to course tonight. Will try to get something up later tonight.
I appreciate that Chuck. I'm secretly hoping when framed to a golf ball at address, that leading edge doesn't look so rounded. I'm actually not sure it even matters all that much, it's just my initial reaction to it that I don't like it...

For the guys that have gotten theirs already. Any chance we can get a picture of the wedge at address with a ball? As if you were set up to hit a full shot? I'm curious as to what that leading edge looks like when there is a ball there.
56 °
49204ddf60aac58734e4c82bd24db666.jpg

60°
d54b6ce2b56262558982fb7b571fdc17.jpg

I really like the look of these. Not anywhere as big as I thought they would be. I don't think looks will be an issue at all with me as the are with some.

56 °
49204ddf60aac58734e4c82bd24db666.jpg

60°
d54b6ce2b56262558982fb7b571fdc17.jpg

I really like the look of these. Not anywhere as big as I thought they would be. I don't think looks will be an issue at all with me as the are with some.

I really like the look of that high toe - I miss out on the toe usually so that is confidence inspiring.

I really like the look of that high toe - I miss out on the toe usually so that is confidence inspiring.

That's where the contact seems to be on flop shots with an open face so it should help promote aditional spin on those shots.

Ok first go round. Only took the 56 as was walking pooch also. One thing I thought was wow these are not as long as the MD2's. I know wedges are not about distance but I started at 110 with the 56 and could not get it on the green. 15 yards short consistently. Oh well I'll hit a few from the sand. Very good out of the sand. Back to 110 still short. Look at club and WTF, I brought the 60. OK then now that we know I'm blind and old. 85/90 yards with a 60 is great for me. Absolutely love these. Had 10 balls with me. Hit from about 3" rough. Club cuts thru like butter. Easy to keep the face open and hit high soft lobs. Tight lies from the apron, very easy to get under the ball and again high soft landing lobs. From the sand the 60 is good can move thru the firm sand we have easily. You can definitely feel the head thru the entire swing. They feel a bit heavier than the MD2'S which I like. I think the heavier swing weight real helps get the club thru the rough. Keepers for me. MD2'S heading to the WTS thread and they're only 8 months old.

I'm just incredibly indifferent to this one, of course I want to try it, but man...

I'm with you. I demo'd a 56 and a 58 and both were good, but those holes remind me SO much of a Cameron putter, I just can't go there. I'll stick to what I have. Like the higher toe though.........

I'm with you. I demo'd a 56 and a 58 and both were good, but those holes remind me SO much of a Cameron putter, I just can't go there. I'll stick to what I have. Like the higher toe though.........

Scotty hater?

Got my 60 degree in, looking forward to testing it out on Monday.
vh7oeo.jpg

Got my 60 degree in, looking forward to testing it out on Monday.
vh7oeo.jpg
Dude you don't waste ant time going orange. Took mine out last night. Love em. Don't look as big as I originally thought.

Dude you don't waste ant time going orange. Took mine out last night. Love em. Don't look as big as I originally thought.

I may have called in a favor to have it arrive with orange, you're right, much smaller look at address than I was anticipating.

I just ordered the 60*. I saw it in someone's bag yesterday and I had to have one.

Scotty hater?

More less........The guy has kicked a lot of human beings to the curb to get where he is at. Marketing genius...You bet he is. Other than that, he has a pretty interesting past with a lot of really good people.

Ok first go round. Only took the 56 as was walking pooch also. One thing I thought was wow these are not as long as the MD2's. I know wedges are not about distance but I started at 110 with the 56 and could not get it on the green. 15 yards short consistently. Oh well I'll hit a few from the sand. Very good out of the sand. Back to 110 still short. Look at club and WTF, I brought the 60. OK then now that we know I'm blind and old. 85/90 yards with a 60 is great for me. Absolutely love these. Had 10 balls with me. Hit from about 3" rough. Club cuts thru like butter. Easy to keep the face open and hit high soft lobs. Tight lies from the apron, very easy to get under the ball and again high soft landing lobs. From the sand the 60 is good can move thru the firm sand we have easily. You can definitely feel the head thru the entire swing. They feel a bit heavier than the MD2'S which I like. I think the heavier swing weight real helps get the club thru the rough. Keepers for me. MD2'S heading to the WTS thread and they're only 8 months old.
I like this part a lot.

I like this part a lot.
Yep had one out again tonight. Really like the D4 swing weight. Playing tomorrow, I will post a report after the round.

Got to try one today with DG S400 shaft and it was very different from stock KBS Tour shaft.

Got to try one today with DG S400 shaft and it was very different from stock KBS Tour shaft.

How so? I got the stock KBS shaft. Feels just fine.

How so? I got the stock KBS shaft. Feels just fine.

To put it best, with the stock shaft the club as a whole felt heavy in the grip and in the head. With the DGs400 the weight was in the head more and I felt I was able to swing the club easier. The counter balance wouldn't allow me to properly swing through the ball on greenside shots to create enough spin. Today the ball was checking like crazy, which is something I can definitely deal with.

To put it best, with the stock shaft the club as a whole felt heavy in the grip and in the head. With the DGs400 the weight was in the head more and I felt I was able to swing the club easier. The counter balance wouldn't allow me to properly swing through the ball on greenside shots to create enough spin. Today the ball was checking like crazy, which is something I can definitely deal with.

I orderd mine with the UTx. I don't feel the weight in the grip at all. I am able to go after it aggressively and the ball reacts just fine. I will have a chance to really put in play in the morning. I am extremely confident it will perform as or better than expected.

So I got this out on the course today and absolutely loved it. I bought the 58 and used it mainly around the green and within 50 yards. I received more "wow did that thing just check up beautifully" today than I ever have before. Out of the sand was like around the green just plain easy. I had one chip in today and 4 that I left within 2 feet of the hole. The biggest thing with it is you have to commit to the swing and not give up on the shot and it's just plain fun.

Last edited:
Back