Android Phone Thread

I've read back the past several pages and have gotten some good suggestions for my next phone. Just want to say thanks to all you guys that have been posting.

I have an HTC One that is 22 months old and it still works just fine, except for the camera. I never bought a cover for it so have made the mistake too many times of placing the phone back down in a golf cart. The resulting sliding around has scratched the heck out of my camera lens and now everything looks dark and blurry when I take a pic. Taking pictures is so much a part of how I use my phone that I'm looking to get this replaced in the next month or two. I'm leaning toward a Samsung S6 for the upgraded camera, but will continue to follow along in here to see how you guys like the new things you are getting.

The G4 camera is supposed to be ridiculously good as well.

11258480_10152919317750888_7689124105438875582_n.jpg

I don't know if I'm in the minority or not, but the new lollipop update on my Galaxy4 is pretty cool

I don't know if I'm in the minority or not, but the new lollipop update on my Galaxy4 is pretty cool

I'm always scared to update. It's sitting on my phone waiting though.

I love it. Been waiting so long for and so glad to have it. Such a major improvement in almost every facet IMO.

My S4 has been taking a lot of random screenshots lately . . . while I am talking on the phone. Quite annoying. And muting the call (sometimes when the screenshot happens, sometimes not). On their side. I can hear them but they can't hear me.

It has always done screenshots once in a while, but it's been an everyday (and multiple times a day) occurrence for the last week or so.

Not sure if this is a cry for help or just a statement.

I upgraded. It looks different wheeeeeeeee.

My S4 has been taking a lot of random screenshots lately . . . while I am talking on the phone. Quite annoying. And muting the call (sometimes when the screenshot happens, sometimes not). On their side. I can hear them but they can't hear me.

It has always done screenshots once in a while, but it's been an everyday (and multiple times a day) occurrence for the last week or so.

Mine started with the screenshots then the screen started flickering when charging thats when I let it go.

Try disabling toolbox and see if that stops it. I've heard of this happening before and that the toolbox was the cause of random screenshots, but that's the limit of my knowledge.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

I don't know why but I love this update. I was all set to switch from S4 to iphone 6+, but after seeing this update, I may get an S6. Damn you android!

Try disabling toolbox and see if that stops it. I've heard of this happening before and that the toolbox was the cause of random screenshots, but that's the limit of my knowledge.

Not sure what toolbox is. Is that an S4 thing?

Anyone looking for a gallery replacement should look at Quick Pic. I used once before but just found it again, great app.

Anyone looking for a gallery replacement should look at Quick Pic. I used once before but just found it again, great app.
Idk if what I have is just an M9 thing or a Lollipop thing as this is my 1st venture away from iPhone but the gallery I have is freaking awesome and one of the best features of this phone. It separates camera pics, screen shots, downloads, and even gives apps their own gallery. I can easily find all the goofy or hot chick pics I save from Chive. Love this gallery!!

Last edited:
Idk if what I have is just an M9 thing or a Lollipop thing as this is my 1st venture away from iPhone but the gallery I have is freaking awesome and one of the best features of this phone. It separates camera pics, screen shots, downloads, and even gives apps there own gallery. I can easily find all the goofy or hot chick pics I save from Chive. Love this gallery!!

That's an Android thing.

Idk if what I have is just an M9 thing or a Lollipop thing as this is my 1st venture away from iPhone but the gallery I have is freaking awesome and one of the best features of this phone. It separates camera pics, screen shots, downloads, and even gives apps there own gallery. I can easily find all the goofy or hot chick pics I save from Chive. Love this gallery!!
Yep, that is kinda handy

Ok Wake time to report out on the Nexus. Pros and Cons and something that surprised you. Ready go?

Ok Wake time to report out on the Nexus. Pros and Cons and something that surprised you. Ready go?

Love it, have been very pleased.

Pros:
Battery life has been great, during extremely hard use I'm getting 430-5 hours of screen time, with an hour or so each of talk time and spotify time, with the screen off. During an average day of 1:30-2 hours of screen time I've seen 65-70% battery life left.
The screen is excellent. Much brigther than the S4, and also brighter than the Note 4 and 6+ I've been able to compare it to in real world situations. What's really impressive, is even with screen brightness turned all the way down I can still see the screen in all but direct sun light.
Overall performance has been great, never noticed any lagging under any circumstance, but I would expect that with all of the current phones.
Size has not bothered me at all, I've carried it in both casual and work pants and haven't noticed its there, I can use it one handed and with two hands typing is much more accurate. I've LOVED having the big screen, made everyday work activities much easier, and watching videos on this is awesome.
I'm not a photo guy, I take quick pictures just to remember stuff, but it has fit my needs excellent.
I was never someone who hated Touchwiz, but Lollipop is so much better on this than on the Note.
Phone feels great in hand, I hated putting a case on it, but was necessary.

Cons:
-Not having the expandable memory and removable battery still irks me a little.
-Really my only complaint is the phone has died 3 times now before getting to 1%. The first few times I was trying to run it almost all the way down before charging, and all but one of those times it died between 2-4%. Not a huge deal, but if I was trying to get a few things done before it died it could have been awful. Especially since the battery life is so good, I would have expected to get 10 or more minutes out of what was left.
-Since I wanted the 64 GB model, I couldn't order through Verizon. Because its not a Verizon phone I had to call customer support to get it activated. He was able to do it quickly, but there are stories on the internet of people going through major headaches to get it activated. Also because its not a Verizon phone, Verizon isn't sending out OTA updates for it. I had to remove the sim card, reset it, download the update over WIFI, then put the sim card back in. Not a Huge deal, but kinda annoying at the same time.

Love it, have been very pleased.

Pros:
Battery life has been great, during extremely hard use I'm getting 430-5 hours of screen time, with an hour or so each of talk time and spotify time, with the screen off. During an average day of 1:30-2 hours of screen time I've seen 65-70% battery life left.
The screen is excellent. Much brigther than the S4, and also brighter than the Note 4 and 6+ I've been able to compare it to in real world situations. What's really impressive, is even with screen brightness turned all the way down I can still see the screen in all but direct sun light.
Overall performance has been great, never noticed any lagging under any circumstance, but I would expect that with all of the current phones.
Size has not bothered me at all, I've carried it in both casual and work pants and haven't noticed its there, I can use it one handed and with two hands typing is much more accurate. I've LOVED having the big screen, made everyday work activities much easier, and watching videos on this is awesome.
I'm not a photo guy, I take quick pictures just to remember stuff, but it has fit my needs excellent.
I was never someone who hated Touchwiz, but Lollipop is so much better on this than on the Note.
Phone feels great in hand, I hated putting a case on it, but was necessary.

Cons:
-Not having the expandable memory and removable battery still irks me a little.
-Really my only complaint is the phone has died 3 times now before getting to 1%. The first few times I was trying to run it almost all the way down before charging, and all but one of those times it died between 2-4%. Not a huge deal, but if I was trying to get a few things done before it died it could have been awful. Especially since the battery life is so good, I would have expected to get 10 or more minutes out of what was left.
-Since I wanted the 64 GB model, I couldn't order through Verizon. Because its not a Verizon phone I had to call customer support to get it activated. He was able to do it quickly, but there are stories on the internet of people going through major headaches to get it activated. Also because its not a Verizon phone, Verizon isn't sending out OTA updates for it. I had to remove the sim card, reset it, download the update over WIFI, then put the sim card back in. Not a Huge deal, but kinda annoying at the same time.

That's awesome man. Thanks for the detailed review I appreciate it. I can not wait to get mine.

I will say the Lollipop update has seriously increased the awesomeness of my S4 kinda feel bad for all those who had trouble with the update.

Mine started with the screenshots then the screen started flickering when charging thats when I let it go.

Think I figured it out. I noticed my proximity sensor was turned off so my screen wouldn't go blank during my call, so I was pressing buttons with my face! If you ever notice the sound of buttons being pushed either on your end or the other person's end, their or your proximity sensor is off.

Strange today...can't view any of the text in any of my non Gmail emails. Just keeps loading message and then goes blank

Strange today...can't view any of the text in any of my non Gmail emails. Just keeps loading message and then goes blank
I'm convinced these phones are set to self destruct after 2 years. Making sure you upgrade as soon as eligible.

I'm convinced these phones are set to self destruct after 2 years. Making sure you upgrade as soon as eligible.
Lol almost 2 years on the spot.

A reboot did the trick

Lol almost 2 years on the spot.

A reboot did the trick
Yeah I would still rather buy than do the Edge Plan, my wife does it and I think it is a rip off.

Another thing I love about the Nexus that is not uncommon on current phones is both the quick charger and wireless charger. I can't believe neither was included on the g4, I guess they were just banking on the replaceable battery.

Back