Odyssey Putters Thread

I'm a big fan of this. Its why, IMO, the Cruiser line at 38" would have been and should have been LETHAL for a lot of people had they tried it before just going 35".

I'll add to this.

I regularly play putters at 35". My V-Line TC is 38", and I like the feel of it a lot. I choke down just a bit, and it feels incredibly balanced and stable.

Someone playing a conventional putter at 35" should certainly at least try a TC at 38".

And that's a great looking putter, James. I'll be pondering the 6m for a while now.

the #5 would be my first choice, but I feel like if I rolled that a few times I would fall in love with the #6m

I'll add to this.

I regularly play putters at 35". My V-Line TC is 38", and I like the feel of it a lot. I choke down just a bit, and it feels incredibly balanced and stable.

Someone playing a conventional putter at 35" should certainly at least try a TC at 38".
Bring it with you to KC and I'll try it.

And that's a great looking putter, James. I'll be pondering the 6m for a while now.
I'm taken aback by it, and that takes a lot.

I'm taken aback by it, and that takes a lot.
Have you done anything with the weights? I switched them out to the 20g and am happy I did

350g is perfect, so nope.

cf72654b6e44b3c2b1291f1d26a79aa7.jpg
That's a sweet looking putter James. BirdieBall in your classroom??

So clean and good looking. Only thing that drives me nuts is that its not symmetrical. Or at least doesn't look like it from the pictures.

Its not, just like the 9 and 330m, its a weighting for a specific balance thing.

I've always loved the look.
Not being symmetrical kept me from even trying the #9 until a few weeks ago, now I have 3 of them. There is something about the weighting that just feels right, even if it doesn't look right.

That's a sweet looking putter James. BirdieBall in your classroom??

Not being symmetrical kept me from even trying the #9 until a few weeks ago, now I have 3 of them. There is something about the weighting that just feels right, even if it doesn't look right.
Nope, thats a real green. Hahaha

If they made that putter with a flow neck Jman I'd be all over it! Looks amazing! and love the subtlety of the alignment aid.

I'm a big fan of this. Its why, IMO, the Cruiser line at 38" would have been and should have been LETHAL for a lot of people had they tried it before just going 35".

I'll add to this.

So for someone of "yellow brick road" height, who plays putter from 32.5 to 33.5 inches already, would you still recommend the 38" tank? I'm not much of a counterbalance guy--mostly because the 38" or even 39" putter are anchored to my chin--but I've rolled the 35" tank in the store, choked down quite a bit, and I really like the feel of the stroke. Am I leaving something on the table not going with the 38"?

So for someone of "yellow brick road" height, who plays putter from 32.5 to 33.5 inches already, would you still recommend the 38" tank? I'm not much of a counterbalance guy--mostly because the 38" or even 39" putter are anchored to my chin--but I've rolled the 35" tank in the store, choked down quite a bit, and I really like the feel of the stroke. Am I leaving something on the table not going with the 38"?

I would not recommend 38" I would go 2-3" above you normal putter length and then your hands would still go in the same spot. Basically like choking up on a baseball bat.

Those with humorous heights should not play 38".

35" could be a good option, though.

Good baseline for a cb putter is 3 inches over what you typically play.

I'm about 5'8" and have the 35" tank and i place my left thumb on the S in stroke and it's great for me.

I've decided the tank cruiser line is either the best line for me or the worst line for me because of all of the customization. Having never been fit for a putter, I'm just trying to feel my way into an ideal setup and this gives me a lot of options to play with, but at the same time I'm always moving weights around to find better and I think that keeps me from getting used to any one setup. I moved to 20g weights in the head last night and 15g in the grip and I can really feel the head better, but I have no idea if that is good for me or not... I'm a mess.

Neb- you just have to roll a few to get a gauge. Last I read lighter weights in the head were for when you were on faster greens & heavier weights for slower greens, now that's just guidance and not absolute as we are all different.

I like the heavier weights in the head and put the 30gm in the grip. This immediately smoothed out my putting and allowed to concentrate on distance control depending on the speed of the greens.

When I tweeted Odyssey last year about a Tank Cruiser they recommended a 35". I'm 5'6 and usually play a 34" putter, the 35" fit perfectly.

the 6m is very quickly becoming my favorite. The Works insert is really damn good.

I got some range time in before the rain and spent about 45 minutes on the putting green. I've been rolling the #7 Works Tank pretty good, but was slightly off with it. I was more concerned with putts inside of 15ft. I like my 330M shape and the 330M TC treated me very well when it was in the bag.

I rolled all kinds of putts, short/long, uphill/downhill, different breaks and was still unsure. I found a flat spot that was pretty straightforward and rolled 10 fifteen footers with each. Now I will freely admit putting is more stroke than the putter itself, but the 330M sets up well and just gives me confidence. With the #7 I made 7 of the 15 putts and left a majority that were not made short, but within a few feet. The 330M I made 12 of the 15 & the 3 that were missed were tap ins.

Needless to say the 330M TC is going in the bag and the #7 Works Tank is being regulated to the office. I'm sure I'll roll it from time to time, but the 330M is the winner.

I got some range time in before the rain and spent about 45 minutes on the putting green. I've been rolling the #7 Works Tank pretty good, but was slightly off with it. I was more concerned with putts inside of 15ft. I like my 330M shape and the 330M TC treated me very well when it was in the bag.

I rolled all kinds of putts, short/long, uphill/downhill, different breaks and was still unsure. I found a flat spot that was pretty straightforward and rolled 10 fifteen footers with each. Now I will freely admit putting is more stroke than the putter itself, but the 330M sets up well and just gives me confidence. With the #7 I made 7 of the 15 putts and left a majority that were not made short, but within a few feet. The 330M I made 12 of the 15 & the 3 that were missed were tap ins.

Needless to say the 330M TC is going in the bag and the #7 Works Tank is being regulated to the office. I'm sure I'll roll it from time to time, but the 330M is the winner.
Gotta go with what works for you, and then trust that it will work for you. One of my biggest hangups is that last part. My TC 1w works well when I let it.

Gotta go with what works for you, and then trust that it will work for you. One of my biggest hangups is that last part. My TC 1w works well when I let it.

I completely agree. While I love the #7 shape, when it comes down to it I am average with it at best.

Played around with the Milled Collection #2 at the store, today... Yeah, that's a really nice flatstick. Great weight/feel, and the Fusion RX insert works beautifully in this combo.

Back