Northern, Nj, NYC, Westchester and Long Island, Ny

Probably heading over to Bethpage tomorrow morning to play 18 if anyone is interested. Haven't been there in years...how is it as far wait times for walk-ons around 9-9:30? Better to make a reservation?

Which course? If you are referring to the Black I suggest camping out in your car in the parking lot.

You can also make reservations up to a week in advance...

Which course? If you are referring to the Black I suggest camping out in your car in the parking lot.

You can also make reservations up to a week in advance...

Wasnt planning on playing the Black. Still ironing out swing changes that I made during the off season.

Wasnt planning on playing the Black. Still ironing out swing changes that I made during the off season.

I just called to test out the system (its been awhile) and I plugged in a 4some for the red for tomorrow for 10AM...said best time availabel was 9:30....

I would call the reservation system just to be safe...
516-249-0707

I should be in the system since it's the same registration for Sunken Meadow and Montauk Down. I'm 100% playing tomorrow...was going to play Sunken Meadow but since my dad can't play I was gonna head over to Bethpage instead. 30min isn't bad. I just need to be out by 3:30ish to pick my daughter up from school. Let me know if you can join!!

edit: Just checked I'm in the system. Were all the courses aerated? Do they all have temp greens?

I don't remember the aeration schedule. Green was last week, and they are running very fast. Red still has three temp holes and the 4th (par 3) is closed. I think they converted teh next hole from a par 5 to a par 3/4

I just called to test out the system (its been awhile) and I plugged in a 4some for the red for tomorrow for 10AM...said best time availabel was 9:30....

516-249-0707

That's funny...I just called to check it out too a couple minutes ago. Single 18 had 10:12 on the red and 10:30 on the Green. I'll wait a bit and see if AngryYankee is gonna play and then maybe call later.

I don't remember the aeration schedule. Green was last week, and they are running very fast. Red still has three temp holes and the 4th (par 3) is closed. I think they converted teh next hole from a par 5 to a par 3/4

Thanks for the info...have you played the yellow or blue this season yet...or heard how they are?

That's funny...I just called to check it out too a couple minutes ago. Single 18 had 10:12 on the red and 10:30 on the Green. I'll wait a bit and see if AngryYankee is gonna play and then maybe call later.

Thanks for the info...have you played the yellow or blue this season yet...or heard how they are?

Honestly, the green course is the best one of the bunch. Yellow, blue, and red have three temp holes, black is closed until the weekend. The green course has one temp hole and it's the first hole. I have not played the yellow or blue yet this year.

I'm down for tomorrow, but I'm a walker. $25 cart fees are too much for me.

516-249-0707

Honestly, the green course is the best one of the bunch. Yellow, blue, and red have three temp holes, black is closed until the weekend. The green course has one temp hole and it's the first hole. I have not played the yellow or blue yet this year.

I'm down for tomorrow, but I'm a walker. $25 cart fees are too much for me.

Thats fine I'll walk too and make use of my clicgear. Want to make a reservation or just walk on? I'll PM you so we can talk more.

Lack of hazards? I thought the bunkers were strategically placed and a few of the holes had forced carries for water....but to each their own....

I also didn't like how different the practice green was from the actual course - the greens were nearly too fast compared to the somewhat slow practice green with only a light tap of the putter needed to get moving...

I played Berkshire last season - decent course. I also have enjoyed playing Green Knoll, Spooky Brook, Quail Brook, etc.

Big fan of Berkshire Valley, as long as I can hit it straight enough for the first 5 holes.

I am posting this on the Central Jersey thread also. VPSax and I are playing Bowling Green at 1:30 on Saturday for $50 (they normally charge $100). Includes cart. Need two more. Just PM me.

Walked 18 with AngryYankee on the Green course at Bethpage. We both weren't at the top of our games. If we combine his front nine with my back we would have had a decent round. Nevertheless, I had a great time.

Overall conditions are pretty good. The greens are in decent shape, even the one on the first hole that was still closed. AngryYankee wasn't kidding when he said they were fast. The greens at sunken meadow are in better condition but right now slower. Some of the sand traps were a bit rocky and a lot of the ball cleaners were low on water....if they even had any water at all. I'll def head back to play the other tracks.​

I am playing Trump Ferry Point today. I will let you boys how it is.

I got invited to play in a tourney at Tam O'Shanter on Long Island, anyone know anything about it?

So this is happening on May 11, looking forward to it. I've got a few putters to figure out, a new shaft in my driver and trying to determine the best ball for me. What could go wrong?

I am playing Trump Ferry Point today. I will let you boys how it is.

So i played Trump Ferry Point on Thursday. The service was great. They are really trying to give you a country club feel at public course. So I walked the course. The walk is pretty easy because there are not many hills. There are no pushcarts allowed. Driving from the UES at 9:30 am it took 15 minutes.

So so being a city resident it costed a $141, including use of the driving range all day. The driving range is great. They have target greens from 130 yards to 364 yards. They also mowed in fairways, so the range really gives a course feel. The range is like nothing in manhattan. Then I moved to the short game area. They have two bunkers, that are in very good condition. With two flags two aim at. The greens are exactly like the course. The farthest chip you could hit is about 40 yards. The short game area is great. The putting green runs true as the greens on the course. There are like 18 flags to putt at. I know $50 to use a driving range is expensive but if you can go there and work on your game it is well worth it.

The course is in amazing condition. With all the courses in the area having issues because of the winter they worked super hard to make it immaculate. The wind is in play all round and it was windy day. I did par the first hole and shot a 94. If you want to play a course that is fair and will give you the feel of a course that will host a PGA event, Trump ferry point is your place. If you are I. The middle of the fairway, the ground is pretty flat, if you are on the right or left of the fairway the ground is uneven. If you miss the fairway the rough is manageable right now but as the season goes on I could see the rough growing in. The greens are super fast and if you are above the hole you just tap the ball and it goes. If you are putting up hill you need to really hit the ball. There where very few ball marks on the greens. The round took about 4 1/2 hours.

Overall, I really enjoyed myself. I would reccomend this course. I would also play this course way more if the price wasn't $141 a round. I will try to play this course it least once a month.

Played 18 on the Bethpage Blue Course. Greens are slower, or should i say normal as compared to the Green. Three temp greens including an unfair one that is on a slope, but other than that the course is in great condition.

Black course is open, but with 6 temporary greens I would stay away from it for another month.

I'm playing Black Bear at Crystal Springs next week. anyone have recommendations or tips?

Sent from iPhone+Tapatalk

Playing Mansion Ridge in Monroe, NY. I have played this course a bunch. This is my first round there this season. I am curious to see how it is run because Troon golf is running it now.

Booked a single reservation for the Black Course on Saturday at 4:27pm. I can open it up if anyone want to join in. 6 temp holes so it's more of a preview of the real course. Should be $40 for the weekend twilight NYS resident fee.

Booked a single reservation for the Black Course on Saturday at 4:27pm. I can open it up if anyone want to join in. 6 temp holes so it's more of a preview of the real course. Should be $40 for the weekend twilight NYS resident fee.

I'm playing with a 4some at 9:33! Well just miss each other....

Rich in the proshop is optimistic that the 6 temp greens should go down to 2 or 3 with the nice weather we've been getting....

I'm playing with a 4some at 9:33! Well just miss each other....

Rich in the proshop is optimistic that the 6 temp greens should go down to 2 or 3 with the nice weather we've been getting....

Let me know how it plays and good luck!

Absolutely! Looking forward to the gorgeous weather!

What gorgeous weather? Did you manage to make it out there?

Anyway.

I got my ace handed to me today on the Black. The course really punishes you if you miss the fairway, as in the rough will eat your ball. Even with my optic yellow balls, it was tough to find it. Thick as well. I had one shot close to the green and took my 54 wedge and wanted to pitch on only to have the rough grab my club and I basically duffed my shot.
With the wet weather, the greens played true. Not too fast, not too slow. Once my phone charges, I'll post some pics of the course.

Photos:
Hole #2 from the green POV
0509151618.jpg

Hole #4 green POV. The far bunkers are the greenside bunkers for #3
0509151644.jpg

Highly protected green on #6, better to go long here than to be short
0509151700.jpg

Intimidating tee shot for #7, fade hitters will love this one. Best to club down, used a 4W here
0509151706.jpg

Tee POV for #8, par 3, straight down hill, nice pond in the way.
0509151716.jpg

#8 green POV
0509151720.jpg

Tee box #18, getting foggy out there
0509151929.jpg

Last edited:
What gorgeous weather? Did you manage to make it out there?

Anyway.

I got my ace handed to me today on the Black. The course really punishes you if you miss the fairway, as in the rough will eat your ball. Even with my optic yellow balls, it was tough to find it. Thick as well. I had one shot close to the green and took my 54 wedge and wanted to pitch on only to have the rough grab my club and I basically duffed my shot.
With the wet weather, the greens played true. Not too fast, not too slow. Once my phone charges, I'll post some pics of the course.

Photos:
Hole #2 from the green POV
0509151618.jpg

Hole #4 green POV. The far bunkers are the greenside bunkers for #3
0509151644.jpg

Highly protected green on #6, better to go long here than to be short
0509151700.jpg

Intimidating tee shot for #7, fade hitters will love this one. Best to club down, used a 4W here
0509151706.jpg

Tee POV for #8, par 3, straight down hill, nice pond in the way.
0509151716.jpg

#8 green POV
0509151720.jpg

Tee box #18, getting foggy out there
0509151929.jpg
Yea.... The weather was muggy / humid to start the day.... Then proceeded to rain for the 3rs hole till the 12th. And of course I didn't bring my pullover.

Was quite upset with 5 temp greens on the front and 1 on the back....

Shot 47 / 45 with a bogey on 15 (number one handicap) and a par on 18... I will definitely play it in another month or so when I am certain all greens will be open.

uploadfromtaptalk1431278736822.jpguploadfromtaptalk1431278785736.jpguploadfromtaptalk1431278805459.jpguploadfromtaptalk1431278827123.jpg

Tap it in....

If anybody wants to get some competitive practice and get on some courses that you might not normally get a chance to play, you should try one (or more!) of the Member Golf Days sponsored by the NJSGA or MGA.

https://www.njsga.org/competitions/member-golf-days/

http://www.mgagolf.org/membership/play-days

I played Copper Hill and Trump National-Pine Hill with the NJSGA in 2014 and had a great time at both events. I'm looking at the days at The Ridge (July 20-NJSGA), Trump Bedminster (July 23-NJSGA), and Rye (October 19-MGA). The only requirement is to have an official handicap through one of the NJSGA or MGA clubs.

The Trump event is a 2-person team event so I'm looking for a teammate. Signup for those two NJSGA events starts May 15 and all of the MGA events are already open.

(cross-posted to the Central NJ thread)

bump for anybody to play the Trump event?

bump for anybody to play the Trump event?

Interested aty playing at Upper Montclair possibly? They played an LPGA event there recently.

Anyone know if the temp green situation has improved at all? I'm looking at getting up there for the first time next week to play the Black.

Back