I love wine and beer, especially wine. I am also big on Bourbon. I am surprised that there is not a threat on it here. I love bourbon as well as other American whiskeys. I have a decent selection in my bar. I drink whiskey neat, usually in a brandy glass. Here is what I have and like:

Blantons - love it
Woodford Reserve - was my go to, but I like blantons more now
Bulleit Frontier Whiskey - very nice value
Basil Hayden - different but very good
IW Harper Presidents Reserve - Bought a bottle a couple of years ago and have not found another. Outstanding. Wish I had more
Jack Daniels Single Barrel - good. I like the others more
Makers Mark - was my go to before Woodford. Have not had in years. I do want to try the 46.
Colorado Whiskey - this is a very nice whiskey. Worth a try if you can get your hands on some.

Want to try:

Pappy Van Winkle 15 year (absolutely want to try this one. Would love to try the 23 yr, but that is major $$$)
Bakers - This will be my next purchase
Makers Mark 46 - want to try
Eagle Rare - I have heard good things.

What about you guys? Any favorites or suggestions?

Did you ever get the Bookers? Really good. Got a Bulleit in my hand with Bakers and 46 in the cabinet.

Awesome spread for my brother's wedding courtesy of my brother-in-law. Yessirree!!!!

e42bd8e20c45d4bc22613147b679f8e0.jpg

This little wine shop near my place has a few bottles of pappy of various ages (at a pretty hefty premium of course). I always drop a lot of money for wine around the holidays there for gifts and I've been pondering smoozing him for a deal on one of those bottles.

This little wine shop near my place has a few bottles of pappy of various ages (at a pretty hefty premium of course). I always drop a lot of money for wine around the holidays there for gifts and I've been pondering smoozing him for a deal on one of those bottles.

Wait are you in central Illinois ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wait are you in central Illinois ?

Chicago, but I am pop in around Peoria sometimes and I still belong to a club there.

Last night I opened a bottle of Wild Turkey Rye. I had never had a true rye before and did not know what to expect but it was very pleasant. Smooth, warm and I detected a little spice finish. Not expensive, I will keep some around.

Midleton is the best whisky I've had. I love whisky but not really a bourbon or scotch fan. Irishes and ryes are my favorite.

In your search for a bourbon you like, try Basil Hayden.

Basil Hayden is good stuff. Even for someone like me who doesn't necessarily fancy bourbon.

Last night I opened a bottle of Wild Turkey Rye. I had never had a true rye before and did not know what to expect but it was very pleasant. Smooth, warm and I detected a little spice finish. Not expensive, I will keep some around.
I love ryes. I'm a big fan of Bulleit Rye. Very smooth with subtle but present sweetness.

I also really like Redemption Rye and George Dickel as well. All three I favor over the Wild Turkey, which is still pretty good.

The Whiskey Thread

The Whiskey Thread

EDIT: My forum foo is off, somehow totally missed the exsisting thread. Can a mod merge?

On the "sans 'e'" side of the pond, I'm a big fan of Laphroaig 10, Oban 14, and Balvenie Doublewood 12. I wanna try the Laphroig Quarter Cask and Ardbeg Uigeadial soon.

As far as American whiskey goes, I'm currently most fond of Bookers and Knob Creek Single barrel, with my casual sipper being either Clyde Mays or Wild Turkey.

So I had a taste of what I think might be the best bourbon I ever tasted. Single Oak Project from Buffalo Trace.

i've been killing some angel's envy lately.

favorite bourbon ever is woodford 4-barrel that my brother-in-law let me try. phenomenal, and better than pappy imho.

for rye, i really like templeton. i have some michter's that i'm working through, still haven't made up my mind. i'd like to try the bulleitt rye as i've heard really good things.

Having grown up in Franklin County, KY and having 7 distilleries in the county, I have to say that hometown brew is best....Blanton's for sure. I also have a taste for Maker's Mark, Wild Turkey 101 & Jim Beam Black. Occasionally I will reach back to my roots and order an Old Grandad 101.

Just picked up a bottle of 2015 EH Taylor cured oak.

Have recently purchased Weller 12, Elijah Craig 12, Old Granddad 114, Angels Envy, Johnnie Platinum, Willett, Eagle Rare 10.

Just picked up a bottle of 2015 EH Taylor cured oak.

Have recently purchased Weller 12, Elijah Craig 12, Old Granddad 114, Angels Envy, Johnnie Platinum, Willett, Eagle Rare 10.

Elijah Craig 12 is my favorite bourbon ?

I've mostly been a wine guy but decided to explore whiskey recently. Read good things about Glenlivet 12 as an intro, so I bought a bottle of that and went through it very quickly! Gave the Glenlivet 18 a try next and I couldn't really tell any difference so I picked up another bottle of the 12 for when I finish the 18. I should probably try something else so I'll be following this thread for suggestions.

got into the michter's rye last night. confirmed, very tasty!

I've mostly been a wine guy but decided to explore whiskey recently. Read good things about Glenlivet 12 as an intro, so I bought a bottle of that and went through it very quickly! Gave the Glenlivet 18 a try next and I couldn't really tell any difference so I picked up another bottle of the 12 for when I finish the 18. I should probably try something else so I'll be following this thread for suggestions.
The difference between Glenlivet 18 and 21 is noticeable, IMO. Best spirit I've ever tasted.

I'm a big Jack Daniels fan, all kinds but especially Gentleman Jack (having some right now)!

I actually just bought a bottle of the Jack Sinatra yesterday but I haven't opened it yet. Maybe this weekend...

I'm a big Jack Daniels fan, all kinds but especially Gentleman Jack (having some right now)!

I actually just bought a bottle of the Jack Sinatra yesterday but I haven't opened it yet. Maybe this weekend...

Jack is in my top two bourbons. I enjoy Elija Craig too ?

Jack is in my top two bourbons. I enjoy Elija Craig too ?

Jack isn't bourbon OG it goes through a different process that doesn't match the law for bourbon. Yes there is actually a law on what constitutes bourbon whiskey.

Elijah is good stuff, I am guessing you are talking the 12yr old, I've got a bottle of 18yr unopened that's apparently hard to come by.

Picked up Bushmills Black from Duty Free on the way home. Look forward to giving it a try this weekend during the US Open

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Picked up Bushmills Black from Duty Free on the way home. Look forward to giving it a try this weekend during the US Open

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Good stuff right there, I am finishing off my bottle of JW double Black

Back