Thoughts on 2016 Mizuno Jpx ez cast VS forged irons

Brucem609

Rum Afficianado
Reaction score
Handicap
I read many MANY reviews and most say the forged are great (duh) and they are good for mid level handicappers!
And the cast get the same type of reviews. I LOVE the top line look of the forged. I can't find them to hit them, but on the bay are many sets for sale.
what are your thoughts. Anybody gaming these? Anybody try both?
thanks

I know the jpx900 hotmetal(cast) are awesome and definitely for the mid capper, so I would say the ezz would even be easier to hit if that is possible,I will say I did put them next to eachother and that dark finish is really nice looking and almost made me bite, but the hot metals felt better, I never touched the forged because there were none at GG at the time

Sent from my LEX727 using Tapatalk

Its down to you, your swing and your preferences. The forged is smaller and slightly penalizing on off centre hits. We are talking 3 mph ball speed difference between the two when hit on the toe.
Outside of preference the only reason to get into the forged may be to get some more spin which the smaller head shape will give you.

I play the forged and they feel great, very forgiving but without a really thick top line, they are not buttery soft but still soft enough to get that forged feel. My coach is sponsored by Mizuno and had never hit them but he tried mine and loved them.

Looking at your handicap being 12 then I doubt you'd have much issue gaming them.

I played Vapor pro combo and fly pro before and they are longer and more forgiving than them imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am a 22 handicap and havy the ez forged as my back up set and can hit them fine. Feel is good, but not as soft as my psi irons which are my main set

Thanks to all who responded.
I think I may pull the trigger on the forged
I will report back

I have the Forged. Didn't like them at all with the XP 95 shafts. Switched to Recoils & now they are great.

The cast EZ are a huge iron head. The forged are quite a bit smaller. I play the 850 cast which are also a bit larger than the forged. I like the 850 cast, they have good distance and forgiveness while keeping ok looks. I aspire to play an MP type iron, but don't have the game yet.

Dave

So, ok....had the clubs for the season and....
For me, not totally impressed. I am a Ping guy, and I mlove sw that feel.
I think these are going to go,up,for sale, and I am going to look for either the G30, or the G series

Back