Asden105

Reaction score
Handicap
Im a 10 now, dropped 2 strokes in the last month. Im confused about the handicap system based on tee selection. I play from the semi back tees, one tee box away from the tips. When play the mens tees, I play 5 to 6 strokes better. So what is my handicap based on teebox selection? Im assuming that if I play all the way back, my handicap would naturally be higher.But I'm not so sure how the system works based on teebox selection.

Let us say that im a plus 4 from the mens. And i go to play the back tees one day, and i shoot 4 over instead of 4 under (assuming im playing to my handicap). What would change handicapwise as i moved back a few tees?

Each teebox has its own separate slope and rating which in turn affects your handicap.

Each teebox has its own separate slope and rating which in turn affects your handicap.

Yes the slope and course rating are all that matter. The course rating should be your target score when playing to your course handicap (not index but course handicap). As you look at the different course ratings you can see how they dramatically vary from tee box to tee box. This allows our handicap to travel not only from course to course, but from tee box to tee box as well.

Back