Bigger Masters Story

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Question for thpers. Which is the bigger story.

Couples winning at his age
Phil winning again despite every year being told he is done
Rory winning and getting the jacket
Rickie winning first major
Spieth coming back after choking last year

Take the fan side out of your perspective what is the biggest story?

Pulling for Rickie however I think Sergio winning his first major at Augusta would be a hell of a story!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Admin
Pulling for Rickie however I think Sergio winning his first major at Augusta would be a hell of a story!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

He wasn't in the list however

Couples would have to be the biggest story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My biggest story isn't on the list.

But, of those listed, its Rickie imo, he generates buzz and people tune in to see RF. Would be huge for cobra also.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Couples

Couples for sure.

Bigger Masters Story

For the sport it definitely has to be Rickie winning. Rickie being so marketable, and with him winning the most popular major in many people's opinion, it would give a boost to young players and hopefully drive more traffic to the game.

Biggest story in my opinion would be Freddie winning at his age

If he pulls it out it has to be Couples winning at his age because of the way Augusta has been lengthened and supposedly not favoring older players

Couples. That would be an amazing accomplishment and story.

Couples winning would be a huge headline, to be able to compete at his age with the young guns is incredible.

Couples winning at his age.

Compare it to Nicklaus winning his last major.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

It's Phil if he wins. He's one of the very few golfers that even casual fans will know. Plus, if he wins, he ties Tiger and Arnie with 4 Masters wins and gets to 6 major wins overall, that's legendary stuff.

Couples winning at his age

Tough call between Rory and Couples. I'll say completing the slam is the bigger story but Couples winning would capture the fans hearts more.

Rickie winning his first major would be great.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

My vote isn't listed but i think its a toss up between fowler and couples for the bigger story

for me, it would be couples. for the talking heads and casual fans, it would be rory.

Bigger Masters Story

Couples winning would be amazing but even according to him it would take two perfect rounds .

PS Rickie gonna have another collapse .

Tough call between Rory and Couples. I'll say completing the slam is the bigger story but Couples winning would capture the fans hearts more.

Basically the exact same answer.

Ill be honest, I dont think the Couples story is as big as others do. Not to the level of Fowler or Phil.
Yes the age thing is pretty darn awesome, but I dont think the casual fan knows Couples anymore.

Phil tying Tiger and Palmer the year after Arnie passes I would think is bigger.
I also think Fowler moves the needle more than most.

I'm going with Couples winning. Sure I've always been a Couples fan, so I'm pulling for him, but of those choices I believe him winning will be the bigger story.

I think it has to be Couples.

Though, there's something to be said if Fowler wins - I think it changes the perception of him as a player in a big way.

Rickie winning his major. I have another story in my mind hope it plays out

Back