Bigger Masters Story

Question for thpers. Which is the bigger story.

Couples winning at his age
Phil winning again despite every year being told he is done
Rory winning and getting the jacket
Rickie winning first major
Spieth coming back after choking last year

Take the fan side out of your perspective what is the biggest story?

Couples!.. Love me some Freddie.

I think it would be Rickie breaking through to win his first, especially at Augusta.

Freddie and not even close.

Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk

Rickie winning his first

A Couples win would be the most shocking, but IMO wouldn't be as big of a story as a Phil or Rickie win. Either one of those would really generate buzz or move the needle.

Couples winning

No doubt in my mind that it would be Couples. He's gotta finish where Watson didn't in 2009 at the British.

Probably Rickie. He's been hyped up as being one of the next big, young stars on tour but has yet to really show up in the majors.

I think Rickie, followed by Sergio, Couples, then Phil.

Reason I say Phil last is because the biggest story for him going forward is winning the us open. Would it be big for him to win, absolutely, but more so because of his age and it being his 4th green jacket. Couple's would win 25 years after his win and really be more impressive based on the age factor IMO.

Spieth winning. Shows mental toughness.

Fred Couples winning would be the biggest story.

Couples would be huge!!!

Do people not care about the career GS? Yes, I'm bias. Just shocked that something that so few have achieved, gets so few responses.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Hasn't couples finished top 20 like the last 5 times he's played the masters? I remember they said something about that earlier this week. Because of that, it's a great story but not the biggest. He's just still a really solid player.

Career grand slams have only happened to a handful of people. The biggest story is Rory.

I'd think it would be Rory out of that list. Career grand slam is a HUGE story. Elevates his career as well

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Rory completing the slam. That list is small and reads as a who's who in the history of the sport.

I say Couples, Rory would be a big story but most assume that will happen sooner or later. Couples winning is huge and will blow minds.

Freddie winning at his age is first. Followed by Rickie or Sergio winning.

The biggest story is I just saw Sergio tamp down a spike mark but I'm waiting until noon tomorrow to send in the complaint. :banana:

I think it would be Spieth taking his 2nd green jacket.

Winning this year would mean that Jordan was T2 - Win - T2 - Win in his first four Masters appearances and that's just mind-blowing.

I don't think this is close. Couples winning would be ridiculous - and an awesome story!

I think Fowler finally getting a major would be the biggest.

I'm going to say Rickie winning his first. He's come so close to a major many times, but never won one. Phil and Couples already have a jacket. While it would be impressive for their age, it's still not a "wow" for me. Althoug Rory has yet to win the Green Jacket, he does have multiple major wins and is the defending FedEx Cup champion. Spieth winning after last years performance is nothing remarkable IMO. Its been done before and will happen again.
So Ricky winning his first Major in Augusta I feel will be the bigger headline Sunday afternoon.

Spieth winning. Getting rid of the demons from last years 12th hole on Sunday. Would show heart and spirit.

Back