Lowered hands at address.....

Ottawaclo

#THPFunkoFam
Reaction score
Handicap
Titos
......and now i pull everything straight left. No draw....no hook....just straight left.

Hands in previous position resulted in bad misses to the right. I know i fight an over the top swing but now I am straight up confused on what to do as i really enjoy no longer having a fade/slice.

Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated.

Did you lower the hands by moving them closer to your upper legs or did you add more hip flex?

Closer to legs. More bend at knees.

Take the bend out of the knees and go with more hip flex to lower the hands. You'll be in a truer plane and better ball flight.

Take the bend out of the knees and go with more hip flex to lower the hands. You'll be in a truer plane and better ball flight.

Thanks man. Will seek out some vids to help. Appreciate the replies

Got any direct images or vids please share. Just tried in living room and man i felt all sorts out of whack lol

214ebe2f4f8ef6c1221d6fbaff6aaee2.jpg

More waist bend with low hands, less with high. Low hands will make you take it outside more on the back swing and drop to the inside promoting a draw. High hands will be more inclined to have a straight back to inside swing and steeper. Make sense?

214ebe2f4f8ef6c1221d6fbaff6aaee2.jpg

More waist bend with low hands, less with high. Low hands will make you take it outside more on the back swing and drop to the inside promoting a draw. High hands will be more inclined to have a straight back to inside swing and steeper. Make sense?

Yep that helped. Thx man

Took this to course and so far so good on the irons. Defo straighter and less dispersion. Driver is harder to tell with the strong winds but dispersion isnt as bad and not extreme left pulls

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Took this to course and so far so good on the irons. Defo straighter and less dispersion. Driver is harder to tell with the strong winds but dispersion isnt as bad and not extreme left pulls

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Keep at it, it will become second nature

Lowering your hands will also raise the toe of the club which will close the face and have it aimed left at address.

Lowering your hands will also raise the toe of the club which will close the face and have it aimed left at address.

Ya i could defo feel that when I first started with the hands lowered. Ive focused on bending more at the hips and trying to keep the hands in a hanging natural position. It felt really weird at first but slowly getting used to it and have tried to position myself to account for the straight pull......slowly working out of it however. Hope by summer time its a natural non thinking thing.

Appreciate all the help.

Well played my best ever round on the home course last night and had the hip flex in my head on every shot. Still pulled a couple straight left but I was aligning on the right side of each fairway and those misses were not as bad as they could have been.

I can feel and even see the toe come up when I am not bending on the hips and instead am just moving my hands.....working on it....but the tip is defo helping.

Slowly but surely making some progress. Sadly I do not have a range close enough to practice each day.

Back