New Balance Golf 2004 Shoes - THP Review Thread

Canadan

You Are Great
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
In for review are the 2004 golf shoes from New Balance. A nice combination of traditional appeal with some flair appropriately mixed in to give them some unique styling. While the red/white are in for review, they are also available in blue/grey and black/lime.

From New Balance

Play the fairways in lasting comfort with the men’s 2004 golf shoe. An innovative exoskeleton TPU outsole is designed to move naturally with your foot. A water-resistant microfiber leather upper with FantomFit technology helps you stay dry and provides ultralight support. A REVlite midsole gives outstanding responsiveness and cushioning so you can fully concentrate on your next shot.

Weight: 328.9 grams (11.6 oz.)
Price: 119.99

The 2004 golf shoe for men features a Champ Slim-Lok Zarma Tour® cleat system for stellar traction and stability.
  • 2 year water-resistant warranty
  • Champ Slim-Lok Zarma Tour cleat system
  • Exoskeleton TPU outsole designed to move with the natural motion of your foot
  • PW-1 last features a wider toe box, reduced toe box depth, lower instep height and anatomical heel width
  • REVlite 10mm drop midsole provides lightweight cushioning and premium responsiveness
  • Water-resistant microfiber leather upper with ultralight FantomFit support

In Hand Photos

0404171627f-X2.jpg

0404171627g-X2.jpg

0404171627i-X2.jpg

0404171627j-X2.jpg

0404171626d-X2.jpg

0404171627b-X2.jpg

0404171627c-X2.jpg

I like New Balance shoes in general. Will be interesting to hear what you think of these. They look nice.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I actually really Like the looks of these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those actually look pretty good!

Wow those look really good.

I like the looks, wish they had a boa option

Seeing them in person they dont look bad at all.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I was very impressed with these, ultra comfortable, perfect fit, available in 4E width

I went with the spikeless NBG1005 Minimus instead

I like these. I am interested in how much arch support there is.

Some thoughts to share on these shoes..

I really like everything about them, especially at their price point -- With the exception of one thing; the stitching across the toe bed, about an inch up the boot. I'm a bit worried about it being more pronounced as it gets dirty, and weakening the overall appearance of the shoe. It also seemed like a really good location to have something like a water guard, but I am not sure how that would look overall.

The shoes are comfortable right away. There isn't a painful break-in period, and I was able to walk 18 without major pains or rubs. They came in a wide profile which is a bit foreign to me as I lean towards the traditional width, but I do think it is doing what is advertised as my foot hand plenty of room laterally to be very comfortable, almost loose when I really wanted to wiggle the toes.

Finishing my first round with them walking, I noticed some typical heel fatigue, but for me it takes a lot to avoid something like that. During the latter stages of my second 18 in them, I noticed a bit of rubbing near the upper portion of the tongue that was troubling my foot, but nothing that stayed red or irritated after I took the shoe off.

The control is fantastic. Absolutely no movement over a series of rounds played.

Very strong shoe for New Balance at that price.

That's a great looking shoe.

Have you always played spiked shoes, or is that your preference?

That's a great looking shoe.

Have you always played spiked shoes, or is that your preference?

I haven't really played spiked shoes hardly at all over the last couple years. I don't move a ton when I hit the ball, so spikeless and their limited profile really appeal.

I've never played spiked shoes, but have wondered if there was a large difference between those and spikeless models, in regards to movement during the swing. I suppose that varies from golfer to golfer.

I've never played spiked shoes, but have wondered if there was a large difference between those and spikeless models, in regards to movement during the swing. I suppose that varies from golfer to golfer.

I've always felt that spiked shoes (for the most part) have more stability and structure in their profile. I think it's built largely from the minimalist design of many spikeless offerings, but also based on the material used to construct the sole.

I love these. The old ones (2002) were white and blue and loved the color ways. Id rock these

Back