More THP Buckle Questions

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
So we just got off the phone with Sligo and here is what we are thinking but want everybody's feedback. This will be our first limited run and will do a couple of these each year. (not all with our logo by the way)

518834330_jfi74-S.jpg

518080900_jRqAm-S.jpg

The plan is that we will do the entire belt in gun metal with the T & P outlined in a sliver or chrome type of finish. The H has been the issue and we are trying to decide if we keep it the same as the other letters or do a paint fill on it.

So we have some questions for everybody.

1. Which logo do you like better, picture 1 or 2?

2. Do you prefer gun metal or chrome?

3. What do you think of leaving the T & P unpainted and just outlined?

4. Any ideas for the H?

5. Overall thoughts?

We still do not have a solid price on these yet but ASSURE you that they will be affordable for all. Every buckle will be numbered and only 25 will be made. We are hoping for less than $30 shipped per buckle.

• Admin
I originally thought so too JC, but I am wondering if that makes it confusing as to what it says.

What if the H is recessed, like slightly below the surface? I think that would be cool.

I originally thought so too JC, but I am wondering if that makes it confusing as to what it says.

I see your point JB maybe it the H will actually look discernable on the real belt buckle when I actually have it on one of my belts of course :alien2: lol

• Admin
What if the H is recessed, like slightly below the surface? I think that would be cool.

We have been thinking about that too. However we are not sure if it will come out right. Unfortunately we do not get a do over. hehe

We have been thinking about that too. However we are not sure if it will come out right. Unfortunately we do not get a do over. hehe

Recessed would be cool! Or just beveled.

I'm confused (shocker, huh?).

Would it be accurate to say that, right now (ignoring the belt itself), the most viable buckle would be the second buckle in the second column of the first picture? Except that the white outline would be chrome, and the outline of the H is yet to be decided? (as is the exact THP design)

Did that make any sense at all?

Yeah that's true. What if, instead of being dark, the whole H was just the same color as the outline of the rest? That might make it stand out too much.

Oh, and for the other questions, I like the logo in the first pic, with the pointed edges, I prefer gun metal over chrome, and I don't think using just outlines for the T and P would be a problem. It might actually help to make the H stand out a little more.

I'm confused (shocker, huh?).

Would it be accurate to say that, right now (ignoring the belt itself), the most viable buckle would be the second buckle in the second column of the first picture? Except that the white outline would be chrome, and the outline of the H is yet to be decided? (as is the exact THP design)

Did that make any sense at all?

Harry, we can do any of the buckles we want. But we want to please everyone so we think going simple and just making it gun metal with an outline is the way to go. By looking at just pictures, I think you may be right in the aspect that it looks the most like that. We are not sure if they can lay chrome on the gun metal finish so we are open to other suggestions for outlines as well.

By looking at just pictures, I think you may be right in the aspect that it looks the most like that.

Okay, I just wanted to make sure I understood.

1. Which logo do you like better, picture 1 or 2?
Picture 1, because the one in Picture 2 reminds me of a backwards paragraph mark. ¶

2. Do you prefer gun metal or chrome?
Gun Metal

3. What do you think of leaving the T & P unpainted and just outlined?
Yes please.

4. Any ideas for the H?
Recessed sounds good if it is sufficiently a different (darker?) color. What about a "texture" to it?

5. Overall thoughts?
Good.

Another option might be completely cutting out the outlines and the H, a bit like the PUMA buckles that are out now. That way, you wouldn't have to use paint or chrome.

Another option might be completely cutting out the outlines and the H, a bit like the PUMA buckles that are out now. That way, you wouldn't have to use paint or chrome.

Or, cut out the entire background and lay the logo over a frame, like the JL Slater Pro belts:

9994-820487-d.jpg

I very much like the thinking aloud that is going on. It gives us a world of ideas. Keep them coming.

Or, cut out the entire background and lay the logo over a frame, like the JL Slater Pro belts:

9994-820487-d.jpg
JL also has some of those that don't even have a frame, so that's an option as well. I like how the one in the picture above has the frame and logo on different levels of depth, so you can see a subtle separation between them. I think that could work with the THP logo. You could have the vertical parts of the T and H (essentially just 3 vertical lines) on one level, then come in with the top of the T and P over top of them.
Personally, I think that would look more classy than having all kinds of different shades of paint and chrome.

I don't know the answer to this, but I wonder if a multi-level design would raise the price significantly? I like the idea however.

That's true. It would probably make it a lot harder to produce.
It would be sweet, though.

what about a spinner belt like the wwe has?

I don't know the answer to this, but I wonder if a multi-level design would raise the price significantly? I like the idea however.

If so, I wonder if it could be made single level, but use "outlining" (scoring? grooves?) where the logo "rests" on the frame?

(Again, not sure if I'm making sense.)

EDIT: Actually found an image. J. Lindeberg Mater belt:

291188_im_____0_gsi

Or, what about something like this:
DSCN0578_l-01.jpg

where the T and P are outlined (trenches? grooves?) with a solid line, but the H is little dots like above? (and use the whole buckle for the logo, not just a corner.)

Spoiler
Of course, after we nail down the design, we will have to debate forged vs. cast. And if we decided to have it milled, we can't tell anyone if it is skim-milled.

Spoiler
Because that's how we roll.

Spoiler
Not.

FINAL%20Golf%20Leather%20Belt%20White.JPG

Just ran across this one. Trigger ideas with anyone?

Keep them coming with all the ideas. The cutting away stuff does raise the price A LOT and a multi-level design can raise it even more unless we want to buy in huge lots and then it can be the same. But we are keeping this limited to 25 for the first order, so we may have to go another route. Our 2nd belt we do will be something of the sort like that and will be a little pricier.

On a first run I think you have to keep it fairly simple. Gun metal and just let the "H" hang there un outlined and maybe just a hair darker like a shadow. Sligo know how to make it look cool. The pic looks awesome as is. Keep the first run affordable for all parties and as THP continues to grow you can get more complex. Hope that makes sense. Heavily medicated today.

I like picture one think it would look awesome gun metal with black outlines. Also black with gun metal outlines and green outline on the h would be awesom

Back