What's for Dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went Greek tonight. Greek grilled chicken wrap and Greek salad. Trying to keep it healthy. I just love Greek food.

Rice cookers are great! Especially when I can't cook rice to save my life with the normal method!

I made some burgers, brats and some cajun polish sausage on the grill tonight.

Rice cookers are great! Especially when I can't cook rice to save my life with the normal method!

seriously?? rice is almost as easy as cooking water. except you add the rice

That they are. You really cant screw it up and most of the rice cookers have a, "keep warm" setting so the rice always comes out perfect.
They work great for steaming veggies too.

The rice comes out so much better with a rice cooker though because the rice is steamed.
The rice comes out so tender and fluffy when you cook it in a rice cooker.

The rice comes out so much better with a rice cooker though because the rice is steamed.
The rice comes out so tender and fluffy when you cook it in a rice cooker.

oh I know...I have one but never use it. I was in the culinary biz for many years though so I know my way around the kitchen. I just had to bust smalls chops.

I used to be able to make rice. Very well I might add. One day it all went away. My wife was the same way, about 8 or 9 months ago she couldn't make rice any more either. So we bought a rice cooker. Perfect rice ever since!

I used to be able to make rice. Very well I might add. One day it all went away. My wife was the same way, about 8 or 9 months ago she couldn't make rice any more either. So we bought a rice cooker. Perfect rice ever since!

aha...so you caught the anti-rice making syndrome...its rare but it does exist. I'm afraid there is no known cure. Enjoy your rice cooker. It should serve you well.

It hit my best friend and his wife too. Around the same time as each of us. Weird.

probably brought over from asia by some reckless bird. thats how it usually happens...dont feed the geese anymore. next thing you know you can't make toast.

I could never make instant rice . . . until someone told me you don't stir it.

:dohanim:

Harry, Harry, Harry.

If you use instant rice, I don't want to hear anything about ketchup, ever again! LMAO

Harry, Harry, Harry.

If you use instant rice, I don't want to hear anything about ketchup, ever again! LMAO

I'm sorry, but a decent instant rice (for a white rice dish) is just as good as non-instant.

EDIT: I'm not talking about the boil in a bag stuff. This is still the kind you put in a pan with water.

The rice yips have gotten so many good ricers before you. Don't give up.

The rice yips have gotten so many good ricers before you. Don't give up.

Thank goodness they haven't gotten me. I would quit ricing before I would go to the belly or long ricer.

The key to good rice is to not look at it and to not touch it. No peeking.

Chicken Fried Rice :D

Just Peking. Har har. Get it?

DUCK!

Spoiler
duck%202.gif

I had a good Chinese food follow up, but its not appropriate for the forum.

Does it have something to do with wanting something again is 30 minutes?

Rice is boring as all get out. When I make Chinese food, I use quinoa instead.

I had a good Chinese food follow up, but its not appropriate for the forum.

Ah, you have fogotten the PM function, grasshopper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back