PGA Superstore Tour Van Fitting?

RobDMB

Reaction score
Handicap
Has anyone tried their Tour Van Fitting? Usually skeptical of big box fittings but this looks a bit more advanced. Thinking of trying the one at the Paramus, NJ location. Thanks.

I have not, but have a few friends that have. They said it was definitely a step up from most big box store fittings and that the fitter here in our area is definitely knowledgeable.

They also have a significant number of shaft options compared to Golf Galaxy or to what Golfsmith had when still around. It's also cheaper than places like Club Champion.

I'm not positive, but I believe they don't have a SAM Putt Lab but they have a lot of putter options to try (which is probably just as important).

Last edited:
I am planning on getting a tour van fitting at the same location. My instructor says John the fitter, is great. I am hoping to get fit in the next few weeks. I will let you know how it goes.

I went for a driver fitting at the one in the Southlake, TX, location. Other than a wider variety of shafts to try I did not find it exceptionally better than just doing a regular fitting with any of the PGASS fitters. It did save me considerable money as I was really interested in the Callaway Epic and the fitting showed that it provided little improvement over the XR16 I am currently playing.

I had a driver fitting at an independent fitter several years ago (for those in the Dallas are, Compuadd in Addison). There was no simulator, just a trackman and high speed video, which PGASS did not have, that showed how the shaft loaded and unloaded. A much better fitting experience. Unfortunately, I can't make a cost comparison because it as free as I had participated in a shaft study they were doing.

Thanks. Trying to get feedback if it is worth it for $100 versus paying significantly more for a Club Champion fitting.

Did the driver fitting at the Jacksonville Location. It was fantastic, ive done fittings on trackman before, but wasnt able to get enough quantifiable data. being able to see path, attack angle, strike location, then the flight specs was way more valuable than the other types of fittings i have done. i went in to it with an open mind on shaft and loft options, and was surprised to see that what i originally thought i would want, wasnt in my best interest. i wanted an m4 8.5 with a low launch low spin shaft. i ended up going with an m3 since i could open the face, but got a 9.5 and had it adjusted to 8*. i wasnt set on a no upcharge shaft and wanted to see all of the options, but got lucky with the best option (proforce v2 7x) being a no upcharge. they lowered my flight significantly (40 feet off apex) while maintaing a spin rate of 2000, surprisingly, the carry increased from 290 to 305 then added about 25 yards of roll on average, and tightened up the dispersion. Overall, this was the most complete fitting i have ever had and the results have transferred to the course. would definitley recommend, going back next week to adjust the 3 wood, since i have a bigger void to fill now.

Did the driver fitting at the Jacksonville Location. It was fantastic, ive done fittings on trackman before, but wasnt able to get enough quantifiable data. being able to see path, attack angle, strike location, then the flight specs was way more valuable than the other types of fittings i have done. i went in to it with an open mind on shaft and loft options, and was surprised to see that what i originally thought i would want, wasnt in my best interest. i wanted an m4 8.5 with a low launch low spin shaft. i ended up going with an m3 since i could open the face, but got a 9.5 and had it adjusted to 8*. i wasnt set on a no upcharge shaft and wanted to see all of the options, but got lucky with the best option (proforce v2 7x) being a no upcharge. they lowered my flight significantly (40 feet off apex) while maintaing a spin rate of 2000, surprisingly, the carry increased from 290 to 305 then added about 25 yards of roll on average, and tightened up the dispersion. Overall, this was the most complete fitting i have ever had and the results have transferred to the course. would definitley recommend, going back next week to adjust the 3 wood, since i have a bigger void to fill now.

Interesting. I just bought a Rogue SZ last week at PGASS through a normal fitting. While the guy took his time, I didn't feel like the fitting was very scientific. I have 90-days to return/exchange it. Given the $500 investment, I was considering going back to the PGASS Tour Van or Club Champion to have another fitting and see if I'm actually in the right setup.

Back