The 2017 Morgan Cup Sponsored by Cobra PUMA Golf and FlyingTee

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THP has a full schedule of events setup for 2017 and in case you missed it, the calendar can be found here. This year the Morgan Cup returns and with it, only one iconic question has to be asked.

Do You Want to be a Tour Player?
Untitled-2-M.jpg

Qualifying
THP Events are held throughout the year and are incredibly unique ways to share a round or weekend with THPers and are filled with equipment, prizes and more. Your ticket to enter these events is the 2017 Albatross Club membership which goes to help a wonderful charity and for more information on that, click here.

When & Where
June 2nd-4th, 2017
Tusla Area, OK

Format
The Morgan Cup is about taking THPers and making them tour players for a weekend of team golf. Two 8 man teams captained by Jose Miraflor and Mike Yagley from Cobra Golf will battle at out on two special golf courses and a weekend at FlyingTee to find out who will be champions!

Skill Level
ALL skill levels are welcome and we mean that with everything we stand for.

Swag & Prizes
Each participant will receive a brand new set of Cobra Irons (of their choice)
Scripted Apparel for both rounds of golf
Golf Bags featuring your sponsors logo and THP
PUMA Hats and Shoes for the tournament
Accessories
And much more

FlyingTeeLogo2-M.png

FlyingTee
Taking place around their 1 year anniversary, the Morgan Cup is a celebration of all things THP and what better way to do it than with this tremendous place. Matchups and Pairings will be announced here, THP Live will be done from here and a ton of fun will happen each time this backdrop of golf is used for the weekend. THPers that follow along to the live broadcast from FlyingTee will be able to win incredible prizes.

Itinerary
Friday Evening - Arrive at FlyingTee for an evening with your captain and opponents. Meet the founder and CEO of FlyingTee, appear on THP Live, indulge in awesome food and drinks and the entire night will be incredible.
Saturday Morning - Range time with your captain and learning more about the Cobra golf gear. You will be tasked with doing both video and photo THP sessions at this time.
Saturday Afternoon - 18 Holes at The Patriot Golf Club
Saturday Night - Group Dinner to relive the action from the day and prepare for day 2
Sunday Morning - 18 Holes at Forest Ridge Golf Club
Sunday Afternoon - FlyingTee for Celebration and Trophies

The Golf Courses
The Patriot Club - 2011 Best New Private Club
Founded by Major Dan Rooney, from the Folds of Honor

A truly special and vibrant American club, where friends embrace with warmth, kindness and respect. A tribute to America's heroes, the spirit of patriotism, golf's greatest traditions and home to The Folds of Honor Foundation. This Robert Trent Jones, Jr. course has 19 holes (two #6's), each designed to test a players skill and resolve. Each hole bears the name of an American patriot, while the design of the course displays a great appreciation for the beauty of our American heartland.

Forest Ridge
Considered to be one of the premiere courses in the entire area built throughout a wonderful community.

Other Items
Golfers will be receiving their irons ahead of the event and will be tasked with reviewing them both prior and after the Morgan Cup.
Participants will also be asked to review the FlyingTee.

Cost
Cost for event is $499 & this includes
Rounds of Golf
New set of Cobra Irons (your choice)
Multiple Outfits scripted
PUMA Headwear and Footwear
FlyingTee Golf
New Morgan Cup CPG Golf Bag
Multiple Dinners
Accessories
$100 deposit due at signup and that is non-refundable. The remainder of balance is due 14 days prior to event.

Lodging
While this event is not a stay and play, we will have a centralized hotel for those that want to stay.

The Teams
Team Hackers
Mike Yagley - Captain
Fupresti - King Forged Tour - co-captain
Kev - KING Forged Tour
JManni62 - KING F7 One
pmm21 - King Forged Tour
Ft Worth Golfer - King F7
Hunter57 - King F7
tomcat - King F7 One

Team Paradise
Jose Miralfor - Captain
Puttin4Bird - King Forged Tour - co-captain
Jim Betts - King Forged Tour
tequila4kapp - King Forged One
BigSkyIrish - King Forged Tour
X.Man - King Forged Tour
Mancest - King F7 ONE
dustklose - King F7 One

Last edited:
That's a hell of a lineup.

Awesome! I can't wait for signup details! This is experience of a lifetime kind of stuff!

Absolutely spectacular. Man there are going to be some lucky THP'ers that get to play in this one.

Talk about a busy May/June. This one is going to be amazing, anytime you get to golf for Yagley or Jose, it's going to be special. I love that you get the clubs early so you can get used to them as well as review them prior to the event.

HOLY COW, that is truly incredible, #THPMC coming back with a bang!

And boom, there it is. What a lineup of events, locations, people, courses, all being put on by some fantastic sponsors.

Wow, I'm really bummed to miss out on this one. This is an incredible event!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's pretty ridiculous. The Patriot Club on top of it all? Participants are in for a heck of a ride!

absolutely awesome!

Holy smokes. This is gonna be a trip of a lifetime for all of these guys. Hating that I'll be out for this one due to work obligations that weekend but I can't wait to follow along!

Amazing!

Awesome!! This is going to be a lot of fun!

Immediately looked up Flying Tee; that's a great and unexpected addition to the event. This sounds over the top spectacular.

This is awesome! I take it flying tee is similar to top golf?

Those courses look legit, the SWAG lineup doesnt disappoint hoping to be able to pull this one off

solid package for the lucky guys that get selected. Those golf courses are amazing and definitely worthy of this event's namesake.

Hmmmm, this one is within driving distance for me.

Click the link in the first post. There are definite differences.

Looked it up and it looks awesome. Not seeing a link in the first post though.

Good luck to those who try and get in and congrats to those who do Jose and Mike are incredible and this looks absolutely amazing

What an incredible opportunity. Blown away!

So cool that everything is so different. A great event that sounds like a ton of fun.

Thats such incredible value. If i strike out on todays sign up this moves right to the top of the list for me.

This is awesome! I take it flying tee is similar to top golf?

Went here for my bachelor party. It's a blast! Lovely facility!

Back