Flat Cat vs SS2R Squared Putter Grip

Haso

#TeamPrestige Southpaw
Reaction score
Handicap
Bkwrds Hat
Hey folks,

So I'm in the market for a squared putter grip. I've held both in the store, but I haven't had a chance to hold up either to my putter to check for size. Justin Rose has been using the flat cat and obviously had a great Master's weekend. It would seem that the SS2R is one of the less popular Super Stroke putter grips. Just curious as to how people feel they perform and if anyone was comparing the same when looking at square grips. I also noticed that the FC has multiple size choices where the SS2R is just a single size.

FC vs SS2R.jpg

Last edited:
I've played the SS2R and a flat cat standard, I preferred the similar size of the SS2R to the rectangle of the Flat Cat, but I think I'd prefer the Flat Cat, in a bigger size if it was a bit heavier as well.

I've putted with both and so far prefer the flat cat. I've putted inside with the flat cat every day for about 6 weeks but today I'm going to hit the putting green for some real putting. The SS never felt quite right to me.

Think I'm going to take the old flatstick today to get one or the other. I haven't exactly made my mind up yet but I'm leaning Flat Cat due to the size choices, I don't love the color but I also don't mind it either. I will give you guys an update later tonight.

I loved the SS2R. Really nicely sized and promoted a smooth sbst stroke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

f01025988c489ed6f4e29efaee527558.jpg

Went with the flat cat, I liked the overall size options, and the "fat" size felt best to me. The color isn't great as others have mentioned, but I don't really mind it. Will give it a few rolls tomorrow when the resin sets in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back