DC MD VA Area Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
dulles/Fairfax/loudon. Any of those. Hoping something convenient to route 15 (selfishly speaking) works out. I love Raspberry Falls, but realize it gets pretty pricey on weekends.
I was thinking Twin Lakes nice courses but moderately priced on the weekends. Just have to make sure that we book way in advance because it gets filled up quick.

I have to be very budget conscious now with our 2 new little additions haha

4347d0fb94177ddd0fef9a413b496fb9.jpg

Just quoting this initial post by TheCrest4 as this thread turns two years old today.

Thznks so so much for stRting it Jessie. I've made several new friends as a result.
Wow how time flies! I wish I could have played with more THP'ers by now fingers crossed for the future.

I was thinking Twin Lakes nice courses but moderately priced on the weekends. Just have to make sure that we book way in advance because it gets filled up quick.

I have to be very budget conscious now with our 2 new little additions haha

4347d0fb94177ddd0fef9a413b496fb9.jpg

Cash poor, time poorer, but worth every bit of it. Take some of the midnight shifts and mama will be more amenable to an outing.

Cash poor, time poorer, but worth every bit of it. Take some of the midnight shifts and mama will be more amenable to an outing.
Haha yeah the time thing is killer. I feel so bad leaving my wife with both of them to go play but she is cool with it everyone and a while.

Speaking of that hacked it around Pohick Bay today. Course was in great shape and the rough was punishing, so thick in spots. So damn humid today and the bugs were out in full force.

dulles/Fairfax/loudon. Any of those. Hoping something convenient to route 15 (selfishly speaking) works out. I love Raspberry Falls, but realize it gets pretty pricey on weekends.

I am also up for anything out in the Loudoun area as well (selfishly speaking) ... Raspberry Falls could be considered my home course. Live 20 min from there :)

Haha yeah the time thing is killer. I feel so bad leaving my wife with both of them to go play but she is cool with it everyone and a while.

Speaking of that hacked it around Pohick Bay today. Course was in great shape and the rough was punishing, so thick in spots. So damn humid today and the bugs were out in full force.
Yeah you better stock up on bottles of Bug spray this time of year at Pohick ... or they will eat you alive. Algonkian out my way is like that a lot .... it's like a swamp and a bug heaven.
I might be up for an afternoon round this week at either Pohick or Greendale of anyone is interested. I work in Alexandria so they are close.

I am also up for anything out in the Loudoun area as well (selfishly speaking) ... Raspberry Falls could be considered my home course. Live 20 min from there :)

It's a hike for me, but I could probably pull off Raspberry Falls ( depending on my knee status ) - never played it!

Raspberry is a bit pricey but such a nice track with some challenging holes. Other than that, you'd have to get down towards Haymarket to play Bull Run or go up into Maryland. Not familiar with anything north of the state line there, but let me know when we've got a target weekend and I'll see what I can do to make it!

Bull Run is a C-Note on the weekends also, unless you wait until after lunchtime to go off. Probably the norm in the Loudoun/Fairfax area, property taxes being what they are

Oh yes ... don't remind me! 5 am alarm clock every morning kills me! :banghead:

Same for me but I can afford to hit the snooze button a couple times :banana:

Bull Run is a C-Note on the weekends also, unless you wait until after lunchtime to go off. Probably the norm in the Loudoun/Fairfax area, property taxes being what they are

Bull Run ... not worth the price IMO.
Goose Creek & Westpark ... both in Leesburg ... Goose is a decent track, actually in great shape right now. Westpark is a dirt track IMO and I only go there if I just want to get out and swing and hack around. Both are very affordable.
Raspberry ... still pricey but well worth it. Fabulous shape
Up North ... countless # in MD to choose from all varying in price.

Just let me know ahead of time and I'm in most places.

Playing either Wed or Thur in the afternoon this week if anyone is interested.

How about Musket Ridge or Worthington Manor? Might be great for the next outing. I'd even say Waverly Woods but that might be a hike for VA 'ers.

Post via Taptalk

Bull Run ... not worth the price IMO.
Goose Creek & Westpark ... both in Leesburg ... Goose is a decent track, actually in great shape right now. Westpark is a dirt track IMO and I only go there if I just want to get out and swing and hack around. Both are very affordable.
Raspberry ... still pricey but well worth it. Fabulous shape
Up North ... countless # in MD to choose from all varying in price.

Just let me know ahead of time and I'm in most places.

Playing either Wed or Thur in the afternoon this week if anyone is interested.

Westpark has grass, technically speaking. Is Goose Creek going to be around after this season? From the looks of everything popping up around it I have to figure the owners are seriously weighing purchase offers.

im good for most places, price usually doesn't bother me for a periodic round anywhere...not to mention blue mash, waverly woods are some usual tracks for me and they are in the $80+ range so going more than that works for me. i am good with raspberry falls, need to get out there at some point anyways...been two years since i played there.

DC MD VA Area Chat

How about Musket Ridge or Worthington Manor? Might be great for the next outing. I'd even say Waverly Woods but that might be a hike for VA 'ers.

Post via Taptalk

I think we are trying for the VA side of the river this time.

But those are great tracks indeed as we well know.

Last edited:
I think we are trying for the VA side of the river this time.

But those are great tracks indeed as we well know.

SaA
Ah, well then how about mattaponi Springs ? Haven't been there in way too long. I'd go and do raspberry falls too as I enjoyed the course last time I played. Itching to get back to Lorton and do laurel Hills as well.

Post via Taptalk

Westpark has grass, technically speaking. Is Goose Creek going to be around after this season? From the looks of everything popping up around it I have to figure the owners are seriously weighing purchase offers.

I knew it was sold by the same developers as the shopping center across the street where the Wegmans is. Supposedly they are going to tear it up ... put hotel, shopping, townhomes, maybe leave part of the course as an executive or 9-holer, etc. Who the hell wants to live right across the street from the rock quarry and the dump? Would be a definite disappointment ... course has been there since the 50's.

FYI: If in the Annapolis area, weather permitting, the Blue Angels are scheduled to practice today.
I'll be on a friend's boat on the Bay for tomorrow's practice. Very cool stuff!

Post via Taptalk

Anyone playing a Monday morning round next week?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back