Does the sound and feel of the ball off your putter really matter to you?

If I was looking at multiple putters with equal performance then I would start looking at the sound/feel of each. My biggest desire related to sound/feel is to be able to feel off center hits for stroke evaluation.

I'm a 100% sound is feel guy and the putting green is where it matters most to me.

I like to get feedback from my putter and sound is the easiest way to do it.

No. I don't think I even pay attention to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can get used to anything. After 18 holes.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

It matters to me a lot. Especially off the putter face. Part of it is liking a firmer face and tying to find a ball that isn't too firm giving that clicky sound at impact.

It's the #1 factor in selecting a ball for me. I will not play a ball that feels bad off the putter.

I think it matters much more for me when selecting the putter rather than the ball.

Just personal preference, I like to have my balls and putters feel and sound right in order for me to put it in play. Sure I can putt using the good -o- rock flite balls, would I use it on a regular basis probably not.

Have you ever tried putting with different putters while wearing headphones?

I can't say that I have...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's the #1 factor in selecting a ball for me. I will not play a ball that feels bad off the putter.

Seriously? This is an amazing concept to me. I cannot imagine determining which ball I'm going to use based on how it feels off of my putter.

If you found a ball that you could pound with your driver, shape with your irons, and spin with your wedges but it felt bad off the putter face, you wouldn't use it?

I can't say that I have...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think everyone should try it out just for kicks. I think you'd find that the sound a putter makes tends to have a lot to do with the perceived feel. I've done it with a few putters I have, and only one felt any different with headphones on, even though I would have said they all feel very different without.

I'm definitely a feel player so having a putter and ball combination that feels like the ball is melting into the putter face is perfect for me. I also like softer putters because it is easier for me to tell when I mishit it. Maybe it's just in my head but I like that feedback as I think that helps a lot with my ballstriking.

As for the ball, I do like a softer ball off my putter, wedges and irons. However, I would probably play a slightly firmer ball if it gave me more spin with my wedges. I'm more concerned about that than the feel off the putter to be perfectly honest. If I have a soft putter then that will help offset a slightly firmer ball at least for me.

I prefer muted/low tone. That being said, I could get used to anything, and probably pretty quickly. Golfers are a weak minded lot. :bulgy-eyes:

I am exactly the same. It's the most important factor, and it's not even close. As much as I love how the Chrome soft performs, I hated it off the putter so it was ditched.

Yup, definitely. That's why I can't switch to the softer, lesser priced balls. I've been putting with the pro v for more than a decade.

I bet if I'm blindfolded I can tell if it's a pro v or some other premium ball or not. Everything else is fine, but i can tell when it comes to putting.

I think it matters much more for me when selecting the putter rather than the ball.

That is what I was thinking while reading through. Feel is a product of the club and the ball, and clubs have a lot more opportunity to make a difference. Heads, shafts, grip, etc.

Ball feel definitely matters to me, but there are a lot of good feeling balls out there. I tend to notice the outliers - i.e. very hard or very soft. I have preferences, but I feel like many of the balls I tend to play are pretty close overall.

Does the sound and feel of the ball off your putter really matter to you?

Sound, Yes it does matter for me. A lot? It's high up there and definitely a factor

Feel, yes but sound seems to be more important

Hands down yes. I like a soft feel and more muted sound all the way.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I think everyone should try it out just for kicks. I think you'd find that the sound a putter makes tends to have a lot to do with the perceived feel. I've done it with a few putters I have, and only one felt any different with headphones on, even though I would have said they all feel very different without.

I'm going to give this a shot...

Seriously? This is an amazing concept to me. I cannot imagine determining which ball I'm going to use based on how it feels off of my putter.

If you found a ball that you could pound with your driver, shape with your irons, and spin with your wedges but it felt bad off the putter face, you wouldn't use it?

If i found a ball that could do all that for me, i wouldn't care what it sounded or felt like off the putter.... i think i could learn to love it on the greens!

Absolutely. There is a putter I could never game after hearing what it sounded like when someone else hit it.

No - as long as it kind of matches what I expect.

Feel > Sound. If a ball is so obnoxious sounding off a club face (any club face) that it's going to put me off...odds are that I would have reached that conclusion before I even made it to the green.

Feel definitely. Sound....I never considered it to be a factor until I recently start testing different putters. I'd rather have a soft face and soft ball sound rather than a clicky one. Once I started noticing the clicky sound more and more, it started driving me a bit crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back