Golf Pride MCC plus 4 and Fade question

lblanto1

Reaction score
Handicap
I put a GP MCC plus 4 on my driver and now I am hitting a high fade that I lose way right sometimes. The driver is the EPIC SZ and I have only had it a few days, but took to the range for the first time and hit nothing but fades and slices and rarely ever miss right. Any suggestions? My knee jerk reaction was maybe the grip is slightly too big and different from the others, ive never had MCC plus 4s before, is this possible or is it something else probably?

Some people like the built up bottom section to help fight a hook or too much right left action. So I could how if you were already had a slight left to right bias that these grips would make this a bit more noticeable. My miss is a fade also and I play these grips, once you get dial in to the different size bottom section you will be fine.

It probably doesn't help, a smaller grip generally promotes turning the club over. The SZ is pretty fade biased anyway, so that probably plays a bigger role than just the grips. Or it could just be one of those days that the swing just isn't cooperating, it happens.

I would guess its that driver head being fade biased more than its the grip but that would just be an educated guess. What head where you playing prior? Its a quick and easy, cheep experiment to swap that grip out though.

Back