Chicago area thread (Northern IL, Milwaukee, Northern Indiana too)

Got out and played with Byron, Byron's friend and Sassan yesterday. Had to dodge some rain drops for a bit, but we still had a blast!
yes, we had fun, most of the fun did not derive from good golf. I am recommitting myself to positive golf thoughts. Adam hit the shot of the day, (please post photo, I know you took one) he hit a sand wedge from next to a tree to literally 3 inches. My shorts we transparent for a good portion of the round(please post photo, I know you took one)...

The shot Byron spoke of...

IMG_0630.jpg

I just booked 2 at 6:10 am Sunday the 14th at The Highlands of Elgin under Byron Kuhn if anyone wants to roll out of bed early and grab the other two spots?

who here uses a super stroke 2.0?

One spot left at 6:10 Sunday morning with Manlai taking the third. Highlands anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So this gives a better view of who's going to be at the demo day.... Usually some have the trackman with them. Pro Circle Spring Grove.

96bd1f9a282bf4ce28bda0c9f83ea511.jpg
BUMP!! HUGE demo day today!!

Chicago area thread (Northern IL, Milwaukee, Northern Indiana too)

We have a full THP 4 at Highlands tomorrow! Lance is in. Should be fun.

Last edited:
We had a fun round despite the spotty weather and spotty play at the Highlands, what a great golf course. There were a lot of lefts off of the tee, some highlights by each of us, some low lights too. Speaking for myself, I had a lot of fun, no my game is not where I would like it to be but I have responsibilities that take prescience to practice. I'm happy happy to have a group of people to hit the course with that practically force me to have a good time! Great meeting you Lance!

Hey Chicagoans...Gauntlet captain videos start today.

We had a fun round despite the spotty weather and spotty play at the Highlands, what a great golf course. There were a lot of lefts off of the tee, some highlights by each of us, some low lights too. Speaking for myself, I had a lot of fun, no my game is not where I would like it to be but I have responsibilities that take prescience to practice. I'm happy happy to have a group of people to hit the course with that practically force me to have a good time! Great meeting you Lance!

It was great meeting you Byron. I felt lucky to have such a fun foursome considering the state of my game. At least I can say I had a one way miss today, only to the left. The Highlands is a wonderful course that always seems to expose the weak points in my game. I think I'll have to find some time to practice, although it's hard to find a way to practice all the funky lies I get at the Highlands. I hope to play with this group again soon.

Hello.....Anyone in here.....hello....

These Gauntlet Captain videos are getting the juices flowing.. that is going to be one fun event. Wilson keeps getting better and better too! Are all of you locals going to be vying for spots?

My flight changed coming back from the honeymoon so I think I'd have to miss all the Friday workings for The Gauntlet...... :-( Not sure if I should still give it a go....

These Gauntlet Captain videos are getting the juices flowing.. that is going to be one fun event. Wilson keeps getting better and better too! Are all of you locals going to be vying for spots?

I definitely will be for both events

I had a clear one-two order of these to events in my mind but now they are pretty neck and neck, I like them both for different reasons. I hope I get in either. I suppose even for those of us who do not get in there will be unofficial get together rounds surrounding the event. I am really looking forward to both weekends.

Yeah, Wilson is out for me as I can't take anymore days off of work. I'm sure it'll be a fantastic event.

The Gauntlet will be incredible.... I just feel bad if I get in and miss everything Friday, whereas someone else would get to enjoy the whole thing..... Working to get my flight changed with the airline. We'll see what happens.

You bet your backside I'll be trying to get in, and I hope all of the Chicago regulars and lurkers do as well.

You bet your backside I'll be trying to get in, and I hope all of the Chicago regulars and lurkers do as well.

We really missed you at Highlands on Sunday.... :alien:

I was with you, in spirit.

Listen-up, little man. You're going to be demoted to Team Mizzou if keep you it up.

hahaha I see how it is, short jokes, how original. Just remember who stepped up big in that close match last outing when the golden cows were on the line. :devil:

Back