Hit one 408 a couple of years ago - Todd Creek GC #8, a bit of a downhill par 5 with about a 20 mph wind at my back

Right before the swing in this photo, @J4U hit one 417 yards ON A FLY.
51a3e7a7ec45fe5b985ebc7626ae87e0.jpg

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

I love that hole at Raven!
Me too! Im still not sure how @milehighgolfer managed to spin his drive back up a 30° slope! Haha

Somehow hit one about 320 the weekend before last. 385 yard par 4 and was left with about 65 to the middle of the green. Slight tail wind but nothing that would have carried it anywhere near 80 yards over my norm. May have hit a sprikler head or something but I don't really care because I hit a beastly drive..lol.

My longest is cart path assisted and was a long time ago. The cart path ran dead parallel up the left side and I hit a slight pull fade and it must have bounced 10 times down the path. I think it ended up being 430 yards or something absurd like that. Not sure on my actual non assisted long drive. Probably in the 340-350 range but that is on really firm ground wind helping ect.
Nice! Mine was in late May on firm ground as well.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

A 269 yd blast (for me) onto the right side of the fairway. ... followed by a chunked 8 iron of 26 yds; a chunked GW of 24 yds; a bladed 80 yd SW over the green; chip on and two putt for a double bogey.

There's a 9 hole course a few miles where I live and I like to play there when I need to work on things. The first hole is a short par 4 about 280's dogleg right, I usually like to hit my 3 wood here I just can't get my driver launch that high and try going over the trees taking a shortcut in hopes of getting it close or on the green, most times I will end up short about 10-15 yards I chip it in close and make a birdie.
That's a loooong 3!

My longest drive happened about a month ago. Downhill, dogleg right, par 5. When I hit it, I knew that I hit it very solid, but had no idea until I was editing the round afterwards how far it really went. It must have caught a very good bounce and rolled a long way. I doubt I'll hit one past 342 anytime soon lol

2f065dc4d156bf292236b1fb31e0ec86.jpg

fb90217b2ad5780fc0f3d3b305101226.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
Oh wow. Did you play it straight or fading?

If I ever hit 400+ I'm throwing a party at my house. That's a rocket! ?
Btw, gorgeous course.

What a fun hole and why I only judge distance on carry...#noroll lol. To see this one had backed up was a riot.

We all need to get back out there! I still chuckle about the Par 3 before this one and KC720's wedge shot off the tee. We all told him it was too much of a club...and reminded him again as it went sailing over the trees!

The hole you pictured here...there are high end houses to the right of it that can't be seen. I was actually up there upgrading their audio/video/cctv. Was outside and the van we were using actually got hit by a golf ball. I hadn't taken up golf at the time and was ticked...now I know why a ball can get over there!

What a fun hole and why I only judge distance on carry...#noroll lol. To see this one had backed up was a riot.

We all need to get back out there! I still chuckle about the Par 3 before this one and KC720's wedge shot off the tee. We all told him it was too much of a club...and reminded him again as it went sailing over the trees!

The hole you pictured here...there are high end houses to the right of it that can't be seen. I was actually up there upgrading their audio/video/cctv. Was outside and the van we were using actually got hit by a golf ball. I hadn't taken up golf at the time and was ticked...now I know why a ball can get over there!

Agreed!

I cant remember if any of us even bothered to ask Kang's ball to get down or not. It just went.

Although I prefer the time at Red Hawk Ridge when Kang was gushing about how long the XR irons were while we were on a par 3 of 160-170 yards or so. He grabbed his 9 iron and proceeded to launch the ball 40 yards over the green. We said, "Those really are long!"

He looked down and then realized that he had hit his 6 iron instead!

Agreed!

I cant remember if any of us even bothered to ask Kang's ball to get down or not. It just went.

Although I prefer the time at Red Hawk Ridge when Kang was gushing about how long the XR irons were while we were on a par 3 of 160-170 yards or so. He grabbed his 9 iron and proceeded to launch the ball 40 yards over the green. We said, "Those really are long!"

He looked down and then realized that he had hit his 6 iron instead!

Ask him about the opposite happening last Friday...hilarious! We both looked at each other as his 200ish tee shot on a layup hole proceeded to reach for the sky. I said, "9I instead if a 6I eh?". I digress from the thread though...carry on long!

Oh wow. Did you play it straight or fading?

I actually played it with a straight shot (not that I have much say in the shot shape my ball decides to have on any particular shot). I was hugging the tree on the right side of the tee box, and ended near those trees towards the back of the fairway. I think the natural slope of the fairway moves the ball to the right, which helps get the ball around the corner.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Ask him about the opposite happening last Friday...hilarious! We both looked at each other as his 200ish tee shot on a layup hole proceeded to reach for the sky. I said, "9I instead if a 6I eh?". I digress from the thread though...carry on long!
Hahaha!!! Thats what happens when your clubs change with the weeks!

Ill bring it back around with a 393 yard cannon blast I hit a few weeks back at Lakota Canyon. The hole is 460 yards downhill but it takes a big carry and an aggressive line to catch a secondary slope that sits just beyond the landing area most good drives end up in.

My buddy, who was a D-1 fullback and still a powerhouse, gets frustrated because he is usually a good bit behind my drives. Well, he rips one out there really good and he starts talking smack that he is going to outdrive me this time.

I said, "We'll see", then step up and absolutely curbstomp that poor little ball. When we reached his ball and didnt see mine, he knew it was over.

My ball had caught the slope and rolled down past the cart signs. I had 65 yards left to the pin!

*bows head*
Lord.....PLEEEEASE let me be hitting drives that long at 60!

It's possible. I'm happy if I'm averaging 230 most days.

My longest was on a dried out goat track with some wind at my back and it went about 330.

My best was a drive I had while playing with maddog701 and six4three5, right around 300 or so without a lot of roll.

Back in the day when I could hit the drive longer, I played in a 2 day tourney. On hole #3, it's 403 from the white tees and 424 from the blues.
It's all down hill and we had a steady 20 mph wind behind us. On Saturday from the white tees, I drove the middle of the green and on Sunday I got to the front edge. I've played that course many times since then with the same wind conditions and have never been close to that green. Oh, birdie on Saturday and par on Sunday.

I once drove through the green at Harmon Golf Club on the first hole, it was playing about 310 that day. I think all told where it stopped was about 315-316 yards, @The_Dude was there for proof.
harmon score card.png
yardage.png

Back in the day when I could hit the drive longer, I played in a 2 day tourney. On hole #3, it's 403 from the white tees and 424 from the blues.
It's all down hill and we had a steady 20 mph wind behind us. On Saturday from the white tees, I drove the middle of the green and on Sunday I got to the front edge. I've played that course many times since then with the same wind conditions and have never been close to that green. Oh, birdie on Saturday and par on Sunday.
Two 400yd drives! That's an Epic weekend.

That was a bomb @haso. The one you hit this past Friday on 10 was no slouch either. I've had a few where all the stars aligned. Most recently was during a practice round at RTJ Grand National for Kickoff Classic with Artm. I think it was #9 on lakes course. Playing about 380 I was left with 95 yards. First pic is cart sign, second shows my ball past it. Playing with @haso at Old Scotland Links a few years ago on the 4th hole is a shortish par 4. Playing about 300 that day with no wind there was a group on the green so we tee'd off. Well I flushed one and landed just off the fringe on the fly. I wanted to crawl under a rock. I ran up to the group on next tee and apologized profusely. Luckily they were fine.
40c0d60694c322978fb820a5e813daf2.jpg
e4393a784abdddb35bf44f512c6c7e37.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

A couple years ago I managed to hit one around 300yds but I didn't measure it so can't give a definite distance to say exactly how long it was

I was a bit annoyed with myself as it was a nice downhill par 4 around 380yds or so with a fairly generous fairway if you avoided the bunkers and I managed to pull my first tee shot into the deep rough on the left side, and knowing how thick it was from previous holes I hit a provisional just in case we couldn't find it

I couldn't have hit it any sweeter and it just launched straight down the middle of the fairway, clearing the bunkers and leaving me with a simple wedge shot of around 80yds to the pin. We couldn't find my first so I played the second ball and put my wedge to about 10ft and lipped out the bogey putt unfortunately so walked off with a double

I caught one (heavy emphasis on ONE) really well that settled at 285 yards in the middle of the fairway. I have no idea how I finished the hole, but it was one of my last times to use a driver. Even that shot couldn't keep it in my bag.

I'm quite impressed with my longest drive so far, I golfed for the second time Sunday Evening and happen to drive a little over 230 yards total (with the roll of course) now if only I didn't have to hit the ball sideways to stay on the fair way XD

Back