2015 Love Is In The Air Sponsored By Cobra PUMA Golf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have never flown with my clubs, any tips on packing the clubs and keeping them safe?

remove all adjustable heads, wrap in either the headcover or a towel. i left mine in the pockets in the bag for Bridgestone U and had no issues. shaft in the bag with tip down and wrap in some tape. for the irons i wrapped mine with towels, will probably put iron covers on this time.

i have club glove stiff arm as added protection/peace of mind.

Thanks for the tips. Will definitely be removing the adjustable heads. Never thought of shafts tips down in the bag. Did buy some iron covers to be safe

Adjustable heads off, shaft tips down in the bag.

remove all adjustable heads, wrap in either the headcover or a towel. i left mine in the pockets in the bag for Bridgestone U and had no issues. shaft in the bag with tip down and wrap in some tape. for the irons i wrapped mine with towels, will probably put iron covers on this time.

i have club glove stiff arm as added protection/peace of mind.

Thanks for the tips. Will definitely be removing the adjustable heads. Never thought of shafts tips down in the bag. Did buy some iron covers to be safe

Thanks for asking the question! I've never flown with mine either. Must be a last name thing.

I did buy some iron covers just for the travel, as well as a stiff arm for the travel bag I also had to recently buy haha. But thank you for the tips for taking the heads off, not sure I would have thought of that honestly.

maybe take a pic of your settings on driver, woods and hybrids if you don't remember your settings. don't want to play things backwards.

maybe take a pic of your settings on driver, woods and hybrids if you don't remember your settings. don't want to play things backwards.

Should be good. I messed around with it a lot and have landed back on the standard setting for my driver anyway haha. Only setting that will be different is the new Hybrid, but I don't even know what may be the best for it right now, so maybe putting it in a different setting would be better haha

I have 8 more days of work until this trip. Can't come soon enough

Ok some logistical questions.

A rental car big enough to fit two couples and their luggage including golf bags in travel cases is looking like it's gonna cost every bit of $300 which includes resort parking fees but not gas so it could be more. The shuttle one way per person to/from resort to airport is $22/person so that's the cheaper option as far as getting to the resort and getting back to the airport.

But is there a plan on travel to the course and dinner Saturday and Sunday? We have no problem getting a cab for the evenings but the travel to golf and back is mainly my question

This is what we were contemplating as well. We will need at least a full size sedan for my hard golf travel case to fit in the back, but after tax and the resort fee it will cost over $200 vs. a cheap shuttle service.

This is what we were contemplating as well. We will need at least a full size sedan for my hard golf travel case to fit in the back, but after tax and the resort fee it will cost over $200 vs. a cheap shuttle service.

I ended up renting a full size pickup with a quad cab for $199 through enterprise at the airport. It was our best option at that size by at least $100

For this parking fee, is it a pass we buy when we get there?

For this parking fee, is it a pass we buy when we get there?

It will be built into your room charges (after payment such as calls, room service, etc) and you will need your key to exit the parking lot.

Are you factoring in transportation to course and dinner?
I mean around $100 just for shuttle may leave you wishing you had a car.

It will be built into your room charges (after payment such as calls, room service, etc) and you will need your key to exit the parking lot.

Thanks, JB!

Are you factoring in transportation to course and dinner?
I mean around $100 just for shuttle may leave you wishing you had a car.

We have decided on renting a car, but what PhillyV was talking about was the same conversation my Fiancee and I had.

We have decided on renting a car, but what PhillyV was talking about was the same conversation my Fiancee and I had.

Awww. Gotcha.

getting ready for Vegas and I forgot this was on deck. I'll be traveling all day Saturday but I look forward to catching up Sunday. You are all in for a treat (as if you didn't already know).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel like I should let everybody know the reasons for the setup of the event and not doing or keeping everything on site where a car is needed.

First, Gaylord does not have a Golf Course. For those that have not stayed at the hotel, hosting an event there and the extra costs associated with it despite not having a course will make more sense upon arrival. Its truly a fantastic resort perfectly fitting for an event billed as Love Is In The Air.

Hosting the dinner on site was rather costly, but worth it, to keep those that wanted to stay on site without transportation able to join us. Hosting the 2nd dinner off site was done to keep costs lower for everybody, should they decide to join us because we know that some complained about the food costs at the resorts we have hosted events at in the past.

Trying to make sure everybody has options, while still making this not only affordable, but also one of the most unique events ever created is not easy. However despite needing to leave the resort for golf, this will be memorable nonetheless.

All I know, is that if you've already rented your car, you might want to check the rates again. Our rental car has gone from $280 for the week all the way down to $130 over the course of the last 3 or 4 weeks. Might not hurt to look. I've cancelled and re-rented the same car 4 times now because the rate keeps going down.

All I know, is that if you've already rented your car, you might want to check the rates again. Our rental car has gone from $280 for the week all the way down to $130 over the course of the last 3 or 4 weeks. Might not hurt to look. I've cancelled and re-rented the same car 4 times now because the rate keeps going down.

I never mess around, once I reserve it that's it. I don't want to show up at a destination and find some kind of blunder. "We're sorry sir" just doesn't cut it with me

I never mess around, once I reserve it that's it. I don't want to show up at a destination and find some kind of blunder. "We're sorry sir" just doesn't cut it with me

Can't that happen with the initial reservation as well at that point?

Can't that happen with the initial reservation as well at that point?

Usually not, but when changes are made some employee takes the vehicle to wrong pickup location because someone else had it reserved 1st. So you get the we're sorry, let us put you in a bigger gas guzzling boat at no extra charge. Gee, if I wanted a bigger vehicle I would have reserved one.

We are getting a full size car for $93, with tax its $139. What's the Sunpass situation going from the airport to the hotel? Will the tolls be easy to get through or is it those damn tolls that require exact cash?

We are getting a full size car for $93, with tax its $139. What's the Sunpass situation going from the airport to the hotel? Will the tolls be easy to get through or is it those damn tolls that require exact cash?

I would take that up with the rental car agency. They sometimes offer the toll built in and you get a bill after the fact (which is what I normally do).

I would take that up with the rental car agency. They sometimes offer the toll built in and you get a bill after the fact (which is what I normally do).

I only have memory of the 528, not the 417, but the 528 doesn't require exact cash, they have attendants. Not sure if it's the same on all the tollways down there though. A couple people going live right around there though, so they might be more help.

As for the rental car, try to figure out how many times you're actually going to use the toll way though. If it's just twice (Airport-Resort and then Resort back to airport) paying cash you might only have to pay like $2-$3 each way, but you typically have to pay $8 a day if you get the pass for the rental car. Obviously that's up to you, but I will not be getting the pass from them**.

**take that with a grain of salt because I'm also going to be there 7 days and 4 of them we're going to be nowhere near the tolls haha

Edit: So it appears hertz is cheaper than some others I've looked up, but it's $4.95 a day plus toll fees to use it if you rent through them.

Yeah, what's with all the Tolls? and what's the costs? cash? I was looking at google maps and plotting a course just to avoid that nonsense .

Yeah, what's with all the Tolls? and what's the costs? cash? I was looking at google maps and plotting a course just to avoid that nonsense .

Sorry, I only work at the Dept of Transportation on Mondays. I cant help with why there are toll roads in some places. Its a tax to use certain roads. I dont know of any Canadian that would complain about a full dollars in taxes right? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back